the Jaguars should fire Urban Meyer immediately

Apparition

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Given the scarcity of jobs, this is never a problem. 

Just now, MWil23 said:

Right. So, a guy who probably is going to suck, because a quality HC candidate will understand that he's still at the top of the stack next year with a lot more appealing job, and he's likely going to be a coordinator at a top tier job.

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Hiring a celebrity coach like Meyer really helped sweep under the rug how bad Tom Coughlin decimated that roster.

Meanwhile, David Culley is getting a free pass because people are more interested in blaming Bill O'Brien for the current state of the Texans. (And nobody is talking about Jack Easterby anymore...)

Celebrity coaches really don't benefit anyone, do they?

• Like 3

Just now, ET80 said:

Celebrity coaches really don't benefit anyone, do they?

I think a celebrity hire in Jacksonville could be great. They need a guy who's fresh, but established, and ideally poaching someone off a rival would be good.

Thankfully Jeff Fisher is a special assistant to the Titans right now. Meets every qualification.

• Like 5

Too early. Yes, it seems bad now, but the Jags were a 1-15 team. You can't just expect a new hire to turn it around immediately. What's the point in firing him in week 3? Is it really that much worse than the end of Marrone's tenure? They have a rookie QB, terrible defense, new coordinators across the board. They're supposed to be bad now. Lawrence will be fine - and when he improves, Meyer will look better by default. 

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I think a celebrity hire in Jacksonville could be great. They need a guy who's fresh, but established, and ideally poaching someone off a rival would be good.

Thankfully Jeff Fisher is a special assistant to the Titans right now. Meets every qualification.

*Smoking Jeff Fisher gif*

• Like 2

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

In what universe is Jeff Fisher "fresh"? His moustache is as stale as my current cup of coffee...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

He may not "suck"; but you may settle for a retread at the very top of your available options. I mean...is Doug Pederson an awful hire? Eeeeeeeeeeeek...I mean...ugh...I don't like it, but i don't think it would be "awful" and I don't know that he flat out sucks. 

22 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Rumblings? But nothing anyone will actually put their name on?

And that would be a silly reason to fire someone. He’s their supervisor. Some people aren’t going to like him. And there’s so many examples of beloved coaches being terrible and disliked coaches having great success.

The character of what's being said is important. They all point to him not really having a grasp of how coaching grown men at the pro level differs from coaching college kids.

55 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Geez, imagine if all jobs worked like that. 
Seems like the only places you have any kind of security, regardless of performance or qualification is at the highest echelons. 
Really dinks ur donk. 

lol. What reality do you live in, friend?

47 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Yeah, at that PMC tier it certainly does work the way you say. 

He didnt come out of the womb a lawyer, I am sure he has had poop jobs like the rest of us. 

Just now, Apparition said:

How am I wrong?

Ive never heard of a single US based large scale employer that does not allow for a transitional period. Most of them, especially those nation wide, dont have the ability to just fire someone because they suck the first month of a new job. Not unless they want to get sued. 

• Like 6