1. 1. Who's the Browns Best Player?

• Jarvis Landry
    • Nick Chubb
    • Baker Mayfield
    • Myles Garrett
    • Denzel Ward
    • Joel Bitonio
    • Other
  2. 2. Does Baker Mayfield Ever Win League MVP? Will Baker Ever Be a First or 2nd Team All-Pro?

3. 3. Will Myles Garrett Ever Win DPOY?

• Yes, he'll win one DPOY in his career.
    • Yes, he will win at least 2 DPOYs in his career
    • No, he won't win any.

Garrett (Chubb close behind), no no, yes to 1. 

I don’t believe baker Mayfield has a pat Mahomes/Aaron Rodgers ceiling so I would be surprised if he was ever one of the top 2 in the league in a given year, but I think he is still going to be consistently in the top 5 to 10 category. 

Myles is consistently going to be one of the top 3 pass rushers in the league and this team is set up for some success so I think the accolades come for him at some point.

What does the word best mean? At their position it is either Chubb or Myles.  

Who consistently helps us win football games the most? Its Baker Mayfield. 

Bakers situation is a bit of a quandary, he has a very good line, that has a had a fair few massive mistakes fires. Conklin has been great, except when he let Chris Jones power past him and lay into Baker. 

His weapons are very good, except for explosive plays in the passing game beyond 25 yards. Obj doesnt look as good as he was, for now, and Schwartz has dropped down the target list, DPJ is a big body/body control jump ball guy, but not a true burner.

If longevity holds true, Myles Garrett and Nick Chubb could both be Hall of Fame players in orange and brown. If we actually win a Super Bowl or Bowls, you can throw Mayfield into that conversation also. His is contingent on winning SB though, because he will probably never be top few in the NFL at a given time, as far as gaudy statistics. Running back and pass rusher legacies are based on statistics though. Aside from Joe Thomas, we have not had somebody we can have that conversation about here in a very long time. Several more years of health and consistency and those guys are on their way. There is a better chance than not that Myles Garrett is a Hall of Famer. I don’t see any slowing down there anytime soon. Hopefully same with Chubb. 

If we are having a conversation strictly about positional value, you can maybe include a guy like Denzel Ward and a couple others. I think it would be hard to have anybody I had of Myles Garrett at all though whether we are talking value or quality.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Myles needs 14 sacks to tie Clay Matthews all time.

He’s only 25.

It’s not even close for this question.

I just looked up each teams sack leader--Clay Matthews 61 career sacks is the 2nd lowest of any franchise in the NFL. The only team with a lower franchise sack leader is the Jaguars who were a expansion team 25 years ago and most teams have somebody sitting in the 90-130 sack range.

So while Myles might destroy the Browns franchise records--it is a extremely low bar to clear.

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

I just looked up each teams sack leader--Clay Matthews 61 career sacks is the 2nd lowest of any franchise in the NFL. The only team with a lower franchise sack leader is the Jaguars who were a expansion team 25 years ago and most teams have somebody sitting in the 90-130 sack range.

So while Myles might destroy the Browns franchise records--it is a extremely low bar to clear.

The Browns have historically been known for offensive players, so it’s not surprising.

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The Browns have historically been known for offensive players, so it’s not surprising.

True, its just sort of shocking that a franchise that has been around since the 1940s hasn't had 1 truly elite pass rusher in 75 years.

The Jags have a excuse because they have only been around 25 years, the Browns.....meh

Edited by AkronsWitness

17 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

True, its just sort of shocking that a franchise that has been around since the 1940s hasn't had 1 truly elite pass rusher in 75 years.

The Jags have a excuse because they have only been around 25 years, the Browns.....meh

Keep in mind sacks weren’t a recorded stat until the 80’s