Week 4 GDT: Washington "Football" Team at Atlanta Falcons, 1 PM EST Fox (GIF Theme: Marvel)

MikeT14

On 10/7/2021 at 5:38 AM, turtle28 said:

You’re on this Harris is a bad coach/the problem with our secondary now ever since I suggested he’d be a better coordinator than JDR.

You are completely misreading this.

You had been talking up Harris; I didn't have a dog in the fight. I would like to see JDR gone, but I don't have an opinion on Harris.

You then said there seemed to be a lot of miscommunication problems in the backfield. I asked how switching to the guy whose job it is to deal with these sorts of problems would solve the defense.

You haven't answered that question, but have apparently gotten angry at me for asking the question. I even tried to make it clear that I was honestly asking how he would be an improvement. You seem to be thinking that I was taking a shot at you just because.

We do this all the time when we start blaming the coaching when players make mistakes all the time and yes, some of the responsibilities are on the coaches but the coaches can’t play for the players. They can show them what they want & what they should be doing but it’s the players who are blowing coverages. We all remember how our coverage started last season - it wasn’t great - but it got better as the season when on & communication  improved, my feeling is that will happen again but we’ll see I guess.

Here's hoping. Right now, they're all over the place. And while you can say that it is all on the players, at some point the coordinator or the position coach has to sit the guys down and say "here's what you are supposed to be doing, here's what you are doing, and if you cannot figure how to do A, I'll go to someone else."

So far, I haven't seen that happen beyond injuries.

I’ll also point out that Green Bay almost hired Chris Harris to be their defensive coordinator this past off-season. Everyone knows that a lot of being a good defensive coordinator is switching up coverages post snap, calling exotic blitzes that confuse offenses, knowing when to be aggressive & putting your defenders in position to make plays.

Currently, JDR is making all of those calls on our D and it’s not working. JDR is being too soft with this D talent we have when we should be attacking and forcing QBs into mistakes. I trust Chris Harris to be more aggressive than what JDR has been.

Had you said just said the bolded way back when, you would have answered my honest question and not gotten your knickers all in a twist.

Edited by Woz

1 minute ago, Woz said:

You are completely misreading this.

You had been talking up Harris; I didn't have a dog in the fight. I would like to see JDR gone, but I don't have an opinion on Harris.

You then said there seemed to be a lot of miscommunication problems in the backfield. I asked how switching to the guy whose job it is to deal with these sorts of problems would solve the defense.

You haven't answered that question, but have apparently gotten angry at me for asking the question. I even tried to make it clear that I was honestly asking how he would be an improvement. You seem to be me taking a shot at you just because.

Here's hoping. Right now, they're all over the place. And while you can say that it is all on the players, at some point the coordinator or the position coach has to sit the guys down and say "here's what you are supposed to be doing, here's what you are doing, and if you cannot figure how to do A, I'll go to someone else."

So far, I haven't seen that happen beyond injuries.

Had you said just said the bolded way back when, you would have answered my honest question and not gotten your knickers all in a twist.

I’m sorry I misunderstood you for someone who understood what I was trying to say and that bad is on me.