Week 4 GDT: Washington "Football" Team at Atlanta Falcons, 1 PM EST Fox (GIF Theme: Marvel)

MikeT14

4 minutes ago, Woz said:

I missed most of the game (saw the last drive) because the better half had a surprise delivery run for me out to Purcellville. However, I read the entire thread and here are the comments that were at least neutral-to-positive about Bostic:

That's saying something.

He and Landon Collins are the biggest addition by subtraction pieces I’ve seen in some time, and that’s including Jake Fromm for UGA.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

He and Landon Collins are the biggest addition by subtraction pieces I’ve seen in some time, and that’s including Jake Fromm for UGA.  

Yep. Even as a fan of Collins it’s time for him to go. I wonder if we could ship him to Cleveland for ODB? Just two teams moving on from mistakes hoping they can get right in a new zip code. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

But why though? Why is his ceiling “average”? Because of his size or his arm strength? Would you agree that what we’ve seen out of him in 3 out of his 4 starts for us was not what you would call “average”? Is it because of the buffalo start? Not really trying to fight you on it Woz just more so curious as to why you feel that way? 

Again, I will admit that I didn't see them myself, but when people say that Atlanta dropped at least three interceptions on the day and had more than a couple of "how did you throw that" kind of throws, that tells me that he's got issues.

If he could cut down on the "what the" plays, he would be safer, but that would also limit is upside. So, you're going to have to accept the unacceptable plays with the wowza plays. Overall, that's going to lead you to an average starter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I would completely be on board with going this route. What I am hoping is that Bostic misses some time to force JDR/Rivera's hand and roll with Davis.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Again, I will admit that I didn't see them myself, but when people say that Atlanta dropped at least three interceptions on the day and had more than a couple of "how did you throw that" kind of throws, that tells me that he's got issues.

If he could cut down on the "what the" plays, he would be safer, but that would also limit is upside. So, you're going to have to accept the unacceptable plays with the wowza plays. Overall, that's going to lead you to an average starter.

Appreciate the explanation boss. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Yep. Even as a fan of Collins it’s time for him to go. I wonder if we could ship him to Cleveland for ODB? Just two teams moving on from mistakes hoping they can get right in a new zip code. 

Have no interest in ODB. That's just asking for locker room trouble. If Samuel is healthy (how did he look all?) and you already have McLaurin, why would you want ODB?

• Like 1

Just now, Woz said:

I would completely be on board with going this route. What I am hoping is that Bostic misses some time to force JDR/Rivera's hand and roll with Davis.

It is absolutely crazy that we are limiting the development of Davis, and to a lesser extent Holcomb, by prioritizing playing time for Boston.  It is also crazy that we are limiting the ceiling for the defense by starting two strong safeties, one of which is now a complete liability in coverage.  

Every single time that Collins was brought up by the announcers today, it was for blown coverage.  Rivera wants to talk about executing and holding the players accountable?  Well, here is a dude who isn’t executing at all.  Time to make an example and bench him.  

• Like 3

Just now, lavar703 said:

Appreciate the explanation boss. 

I wish I was wrong. I love his story and I would swoon if we got our Warner or Romo. Unfortunately, I don't see it. I think @naptownskinsfan (?) is right: in a few weeks, teams are going to have enough tape on him to negate the wowza and start increasing he "ugh."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yeah, I wouldn’t want to add the ego of OBJ to the locker room at this point, but I am sure that there are other struggling players who could make an impact for us in a bad contract swap.  Although at this point, I would just cut Collins after the year and just chalk it up as the last mistake of Bruce Allen.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

I wish I was wrong. I love his story and I would swoon if we got our Warner or Romo. Unfortunately, I don't see it. I think @naptownskinsfan (?) is right: in a few weeks, teams are going to have enough tape on him to negate the wowza and start increasing he "ugh."

I’m not sure if I have said it here or not, but that is definitely a feeling that I have.  Right now, we’re at the point where the league is going to start to play catch up.  Just like in MLB when a top prospect comes up, they usually have a great couple weeks and then struggle as the rest of the league adapts and also you get tape and data on their tendencies.  TH will have to adapt and overcome.  That will prove if he is “the guy” moving forward or not.  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

TH will have to adapt and overcome.  That will prove if he is “the guy” moving forward or not.

1. He's going to have quite a few opportunities over the next four weeks to prove he's the guy. The Saints game next week is going to be an interesting test since they can obviously move the ball downfield and Washington's defense cannot stop ****.

2. That said, I have to chide you for not attaching the obvious GIF:
    improvise-adapt.gif
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Old Dirty Bastard plays for Cleveland?

Look, we can’t trade Collins’s contract, there’s just no way anyone is going to take it and that’s beyond the fact that he’s not playing well.

I definitely agree we should bench Collins. I’m probably the biggest Collins fan, but this D would be so much better if they just played the young guys. Holcomb, Davis & Hudson at LB & Curl/McCain at S.

I really want an answer on if Hudson can be a good WLB or not. We already know that Bostic & Collins are past their prime, time to play the young bucks!

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Woz said:

I missed most of the game (saw the last drive) because the better half had a surprise delivery run for me out to Purcellville. However, I read the entire thread and here are the comments that were at least neutral-to-positive about Bostic:

That's saying something.

You come out to my neck of the woods and don't say hi??

hmmpf...