Week 4 GDT: Washington "Football" Team at Atlanta Falcons, 1 PM EST Fox (GIF Theme: Marvel)

MikeT14

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Ya well he had a lot of 50-50 type plays go his way today.  I like how he never gives up on a play.  

Oh he definitely did. Like I said, I’m not sure what he is at this point but he definitely has “it”. The moment just doesn’t scare him. It’s honestly unbelievable. I felt like he would just drive us down the field and I usually don’t feel that way. I’m not ready to anoint him or stop looking to the future for our franchise QB but if this continues he’s going to end up throwing for like 4500 yards and 30TDs. That’s pretty crazy. 

• Like 3

Just finished watching the game, I had to record it because I was out with the family today.  All I got to say I don't want to hear from anyone how we need a QB.  What we need is for the damn "talent" on D to play up to their talent.  Taylor may not be right now Josh Allen but damn it he has the it and the passion and he is fun to watch and he gives us a very good chance if the D can stop the bleeding.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

Just finished watching the game, I had to record it because I was out with the family today.  All I got to say I don't want to hear from anyone how we need a QB.  What we need is for the damn "talent" on D to play up to their talent.  Taylor may not be right now Josh Allen but damn it he has the it and the passion and he is fun to watch and he gives us a very good chance if the D can stop the bleeding.

Agree with you 100% Greek.

Many on this board are all about who our next QB will be & that we need to draft one 1st Rd in next draft. You can see that from the 2022 QB thread.

I'm like..."we do".

Taylor is a baller. He's a winner.

Not every game will be perfect, but if the score is close, he alone....gives us a chance to win.

Don't get me wrong. 

I think we should draft a QB.

Like in the 5th Rd, to possibly replace Kyle Allen 😁

16 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Many on this board are all about who our next QB will be & that we need to draft one 1st Rd in next draft. You can see that from the 2022 QB thread.

I'm like..."we do".

Taylor is a baller. He's a winner.

Not every game will be perfect, but if the score is close, he alone....gives us a chance to win.

I still maintain what I said before: Taylor Heinicke's ceiling is an average NFL starter.

To be fair, we've been so bereft of talent at the QB position since Cousins left that this is arguably a massive step up. However, let us not confuse ourselves with what is quality.

• Like 1

I missed most of the game (saw the last drive) because the better half had a surprise delivery run for me out to Purcellville. However, I read the entire thread and here are the comments that were at least neutral-to-positive about Bostic:

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Bostic almost had a pass break up! 

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Bostic questionable to return

3 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:
3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Bostic questionable to return

Only way we can keep him off the field...

That's saying something.

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

I still maintain what I said before: Taylor Heinicke's ceiling is an average NFL starter.

To be fair, we've been so bereft of talent at the QB position since Cousins left that this is arguably a massive step up. However, let us not confuse ourselves with what is quality.

But why though? Why is his ceiling “average”? Because of his size or his arm strength? Would you agree that what we’ve seen out of him in 3 out of his 4 starts for us was not what you would call “average”? Is it because of the buffalo start? Not really trying to fight you on it Woz just more so curious as to why you feel that way? 

• Like 1