Week 4 GDT: Washington "Football" Team at Atlanta Falcons, 1 PM EST Fox (GIF Theme: Marvel)

MikeT14

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think it’s more that McCain had a bad play rather than he sucks. He did have 3 passes defensed in the game, which led the team so he was in on a lot of plays breaking up passes.

Could he be better?

Yeah, but I don’t think he’s an awful football player. He’s far better than Collins in coverage that’s for sure.

Man, I have no I do why keep calling him Bobby McCann? Lol. Maybe I should be calling him Bobby McCan’t play football? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Man, I have no I do why keep calling him Bobby McCann? Lol. Maybe I should be calling him Bobby McCan’t play football? 

I don’t know either. 😂 I used to do that with some players but it was generally some players whose names were hard to spell.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

William Jackson III blew the coverage too. There’s a lot of miscommunication going on in the secondary.

I say this with all honesty and not trying to pick a fight: this is a seemingly recurring theme, and yet you want Chris Harris to take over as DC?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Not sure I WANT to see those .gifs. Especially not with our guys here and their prolific ability to find really odd ones and push the envelope of the rules.

It wasn't like I was thinking they would go out looking for no-no pics.

Right?

grinch-grin.gif

(I really wasn't, but I'll pretend I was)

• Like 1

So basically, Sam Cosmi is the only rookie making an impact. Bates was an overdraft and I’m just not impressed by BSJ. It’s going to take a couple years before we truly know but right now things aren’t looking promising. I won’t delve into Jamin Davis because everyone knows how I feel about that pick. 

12 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Darnit! You know I do the nicknames around here! And that was the one I was gonna unveil!

Have you been in my nickname workshop again? I thought I saw footprints in the sawdust

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Woz said:

I say this with all honesty and not trying to pick a fight: this is a seemingly recurring theme, and yet you want Chris Harris to take over as DC?

Chris Harris doesn’t call the defensive plays. I don’t think Chris Harris would be playing a soft zone most of the game as a former safety.

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

So basically, Sam Cosmi is the only rookie making an impact. Bates was an overdraft and I’m just not impressed by BSJ. It’s going to take a couple years before we truly know but right now things aren’t looking promising. I won’t delve into Jamin Davis because everyone knows how I feel about that pick. 

What exactly would you expect a 4th round #3 TE on the roster to have produced so far in his career?

Juice is basically a starter as a 3rd round rookie, he’s had his ups and downs but anytime a 3rd round rookie is essentially playing starter snaps even if he’s having ups and downs, that’s a good thing for his future.

We will see what happens with Jamin, now is his time to shine sadly bc of Bostic’s injury, but I like the growth I’ve seen in Davis in coverage over the last 3 games. I think he’s making strides.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

What exactly would you expect a 4th round #3 TE on the roster to have produced so far in his career?

Juice is basically a starter as a 3rd round rookie, he’s had his ups and downs but anytime a 3rd round rookie is essentially playing starter snaps even if he’s having ups and downs, that’s a good thing for his future.

We will see what happens with Jamin, now is his time to shine sadly bc of Bostic’s injury, but I like the growth I’ve seen in Davis in coverage over the last 3 games. I think he’s making strides.

More than nothing I suppose. Considering he was picked even though there was much more pressing needs and better TEs available. It was a reach similar to Wes Martin. We all knew it was a reach but for some reason we like to think like our guys know more than the rest of the league. 

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

More than nothing I suppose. Considering he was picked even though there was much more pressing needs and better TEs available. It was a reach similar to Wes Martin. We all knew it was a reach but for some reason we like to think like our guys know more than the rest of the league. 

Again, he’s the 3rd TE, he’s a rookie & he has two veterans infront of him. He’s been a good blocker and good in coverage on special teams.

Actually, a lot of us thought at first that taking Bates was a reach but when actually did our homework and looked at the Senior Bowl practices we saw what the coaches saw and thought it wasn’t as bad of a pick as we originally thought.

I don’t know who you think was a better TE prospect than Bates in round 4. In round 3 we had taken a CB bc we had lost Moreau & Darby in FA & we took Dyami Brown bc of his potential and our obvious need to upgrade the depth at WR. Those are two picks that I’m pleased with, they both have a ways to go in their development but the potential is there for them to eventually become starters for us.

46 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Again, he’s the 3rd TE, he’s a rookie & he has two veterans infront of him. He’s been a good blocker and good in coverage on special teams.

Actually, a lot of us thought at first that taking Bates was a reach but when actually did our homework and looked at the Senior Bowl practices we saw what the coaches saw and thought it wasn’t as bad of a pick as we originally thought.

I don’t know who you think was a better TE prospect than Bates in round 4. In round 3 we had taken a CB bc we had lost Moreau & Darby in FA & we took Dyami Brown bc of his potential and our obvious need to upgrade the depth at WR. Those are two picks that I’m pleased with, they both have a ways to go in their development but the potential is there for them to eventually become starters for us.

Actually did our homework? How is that possible? Dude had like 10 catches the whole time he was there and he’s barely been on the field blocking. Fowler dusted him when they did put him on the field on Taylor’s prayer to Terry. He was a reach. Dude probably could’ve been had in the 7th round. We’ve done this multiple times. Did the same thing with Wes Martin and LeRibus. There were absolutely better players available. Arguing that point is just silly. Hell, Brevin Jordan was still available and don’t even tell me Bates was a better collegiate TE than Jordan. 

Edited by lavar703