GDT 10/3/21 Week 4: 2-1 Baltimore Ravens vs 3-0 Denver Broncos

DreamKid

My game ball goes to TYUS BOWSER for finally having a game in the pass-rush department worthy of a 2nd round edge player. 

Gotta give credit when he plays well if I always do the opposite.

On the negative Queen had 3-4 more missed tackles by my count today. 

Dude is a straight up liability out there.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

My game ball goes to TYUS BOWSER for finally having a game in the pass-rush department worthy of a 2nd round edge player. 

He actual had some really good rushes last week too, they were just overshadowed by his overall trash performance. Really since Week 1 he's flashed a more educated base as a pass rusher, which is what we all want to see. 

Here's a beautiful rep & QBH he had against Sewell last week. Goff was lucky to get away from this one(though maybe not considering Bowser's tackling that game 😉).-

It's all about finishing and consistency with Tyus. So hopefully he can build on this really strong performance(Has to be his best game as a pass rusher) and continue to deliver impact with the rest of our pass rushers this season.

Also I saw someone say that was Houston's first Sack as a Raven today. Could've sworn he had one against the Raiders, but I guess it was just a false memory. 🤷‍♂️ Regardless good for him, and Oweh continues to look like a savage. Pretty hype day for our EDGE group tbh.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

They absolutely gave no effs about it. 

17 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Disagree. Everyone who had a shot at stopping that run gave it their all. Watch the hussle out of 95, 98, and 94 in particular. To their credit, they wanted to fight until the end. Props to them.

Yeah 98 definitely stood out to me but it looked like there was no backside pursuit, which seemed uncharacteristic for the rest of the game.

I don’t know, love the feedback from both of you though because I’m certainly unsure myself.

7 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah 98 definitely stood out to me but it looked like there was no backside pursuit, which seemed uncharacteristic for the rest of the game.

I don’t know, love the feedback from both of you though because I’m certainly unsure myself.

Truth somewhere in the middle then! Some probs care and some didn't. 

10 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

He actual had some really good rushes last week too, they were just overshadowed by his overall trash performance. Really since Week 1 he's flashed a more educated base as a pass rusher, which is what we all want to see. 

Here's a beautiful rep & QBH he had against Sewell last week. Goff was lucky to get away from this one(though maybe not considering Bowser's tackling that game 😉).-

It's all about finishing and consistency with Tyus. So hopefully he can build on this really strong performance(Has to be his best game as a pass rusher) and continue to deliver impact with the rest of our pass rushers this season.

Also I saw someone say that was Houston's first Sack as a Raven today. Could've sworn he had one against the Raiders, but I guess it was just a false memory. 🤷‍♂️ Regardless good for him, and Oweh continues to look like a savage. Pretty hype day for our EDGE group tbh.

He definitely had one against the Raiders. Was a half sack though so maybe this was his first full sack? I honestly don’t remember him getting one today though. Must’ve missed it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

He definitely had one against the Raiders. Was a half sack though so maybe this was his first full sack? I honestly don’t remember him getting one today though. Must’ve missed it.

That's what I remembered too, but no one(NFL,PFR, etc) has him logged for it.

Today's Sack was when Lock broke the pocket to try and run back to the LOS. Pretty routine Sack. You might've been(justifiably so) hyper focused on the rushing streak at the time 😆. Which I understand.

49 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

On the negative Queen had 3-4 more missed tackles by my count today. 

Dude is a straight up liability out there.

Yeah I'm super disappointed on how bad Queen has been. I had such high hopes for him coming into his second season but he keeps making the same mistakes 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RayLew52 said:

Yeah I'm super disappointed on how bad Queen has been. I had such high hopes for him coming into his second season but he keeps making the same mistakes 

And it’s like...mistakes I can live with if you’re out there being fast and physical.

He looks like a kid on a HS team who plays offense but had to play MLB for a game. He looks entirely uninterested in doing anything the job entails - first and foremost actually hitting the other players.

4 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Also this is the best we’ve seen Chuck Clark.

His physical skills seem to have caught up with his intelligence this year. Looks the fastest/most explosive he’s been...dude has been all over the place first 4 weeks.

He's a monster for sure. Prime Chuck is looking scary to start 2021. Cap hit under 3 Mill this year too- which is just absurd. 

• Like 1

Great win, it was nice to see the D make have a statement game. I love seeing Lamar development as a downfield passer.  

TBH I though that last run to get 100 yards was BS. After all the injuries this team has endured, Harbaugh is going to risk running one more play for a record that honestly I don't give an F about. 

I just think everything the players, teams and coaches do should be focused on 1) getting better, and 2) winning the Super Bowl. Anything that doesn't contribute to those two things should be discarded without a second though. 

3 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

TBH I though that last run to get 100 yards was BS. After all the injuries this team has endured, Harbaugh is going to risk running one more play for a record that honestly I don't give an F about. 

Going for that record is why players love Harbaugh though. NOT going for a 4-5 yard run to secure a historic record for your club and all of the players who were apart of it seems silly to me. Instead of playing to conserve health and remain mindful of the black injury cloud hanging over the season, why not look to give the players moments and accomplishments to hang their hats on? Give a team ravaged by injuries a lightning bolt of excitement and pride. Getting that record is a major morale boost, just as that Tucker record was last week. All of this stuff matters, and I'm proud of Harbs for going after it. Here's his take-

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Going for that record is why players love Harbaugh though. NOT going for a 4-5 yard run to secure a historic record for your club and all of the players who were apart of it seems silly to me. Instead of playing to conserve health and remain mindful of the black injury cloud hanging over the season, why not look to give the players moments and accomplishments to hang their hats on? Give a team ravaged by injuries a lightning bolt of excitement and pride. Getting that record is a major morale boost, just as that Tucker record was last week. All of this stuff matters, and I'm proud of Harbs for going after it. Here's his take-

And Lamar Jackson's take:

"I'm not going to lie. I ain't really care about the record," Jackson said. "I wasn't thinking about that. I was thinking about winning the game."

I'm going with Lamar on this one. He's the one who is carrying the ball and running the risk of getting injured.

The person who clearly cared the most about it was Harbaugh. I'm sure its great for his legacy, but I think it was a selfish call. The unquestioned leader and best player on the team said he doesn't care at all about it. 

27 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Great win, it was nice to see the D make have a statement game. I love seeing Lamar development as a downfield passer.  

I just think everything the players, teams and coaches do should be focused on 1) getting better, and 2) winning the Super Bowl. Anything that doesn't contribute to those two things should be discarded without a second though. 

Well Harbaugh doesn't care if YOU care about the record, he cares if the team cares about it. 

22 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

THIS!!!!!