GDT 10/3/21 Week 4: 2-1 Baltimore Ravens vs 3-0 Denver Broncos

DreamKid

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Denver had a chance to let the game wind down and chose to run extra plays trying to score, so if anyone is complaining about us trying to run extra plays for a record they can shove it.

Technically the game was a 2-score game (16 points), so Denver was obligated to try to score at TD + 2 point conversion + onside kick + hail mary + 2 point conversion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Don't think the complaints about the Oweh hit were that it was late so much as they didn't like the contact area, but regardless this is a great tweet from this rando. The hit on Lamar was a blatant foul, and one of many 'questionable' run ins he experienced during the game. 

Maybe defenses should stop trying to cheat shot Lamar and doing all that extended leg twisting bullsh*t before we really give the okay for Odafe to nuke their own QB late. Guarantee Oweh can hurt your QB more than you can hurt Lamar, you don't want to play that game with us. FWIW, the Oweh QBH that knocked Teddy out of the game did occur after the late hit on Lamar. 🤷‍♂️

Makes it worth it to see 98 pissed off that we got to 100 on him. Seeing that he was the arbiter of one of the notable late hits, love to see his salty tears.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

Technically the game was a 2-score game (16 points), so Denver was obligated to try to score at TD + 2 point conversion + onside kick + hail mary + 2 point conversion. 

Yeah. My problem with the Broncos stemmed from them running the football on that drive. There was no way with the amount of time they would lose running the football (and not tossing passes to the sideline to conserve clock) that they would be able to usher a comeback with that strategy.

The only conceivable reason they would run there was to just play for the score and not play for the win. It was such a loser strategy.

Fangio is also such an idiot. Just imagine when he gets fired after the Broncos crater from 3-0 to 4-8. He’s going to be searching for DC positions and while he won’t have a shortage of suitors, we could’ve been one of them in the event that Wink is finally given the opportunity to lead a team. Fangio just burned a bridge over something so stupid as a last minute play.

• Like 1

I know a large chunk of the cap room next offseason+ is going to be delegated to Lamar, as it should, but I REALLY hope they find a way to make the numbers work to resign Averett.

He could be CB #2 for the next decade. Truly believe that and hope EDC gets it done.

3 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

He could be CB #2 for the next decade.

He was a bit overaged when we drafted him, turns 27 in November. So I don't know about a decade, but with low tread on his tires he probably has a good 4-5 years of solid play left. He's always flashed as a matchup CB against speed, and now he's showing some real consistent ability/impact. Decent tackler too. Only real weakness is when he goes up against size, or in previous years when he'd get streaky with his slump play.

I'm still a bit apprehensive about giving him the deal though. It all comes down to whether we can be confident in him maintaining this kind of form, and I'm not there yet. If he finishes the year strong he'll get a 11-12 Per Year type contract for sure, if not more. So it's another one of these deals where we make a play early to hopefully get them on discount(Clark) and pray they maintain or improve upon their current level, or take our chances with FA.

Then you also have the Marcus Peters situation. That dude has won us games in his time here, one of the best playmaking DBs in NFL history. We could save 10 Mill by letting him walk, but is it worth it? Will he be the same post injury? CB is quickly becoming a big fat question mark. 

Marcus Peters, Jimmy Smith, Tavon Young, and AA all have an uncertain future past this season with his club.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I know a large chunk of the cap room next offseason+ is going to be delegated to Lamar, as it should, but I REALLY hope they find a way to make the numbers work to resign Averett.

He could be CB #2 for the next decade. Truly believe that and hope EDC gets it done.

Keep in mind Bozeman is up for a deal and the way he is playing he is most definitely earning it!

• Like 2