GDT 10/3/21 Week 4: 2-1 Baltimore Ravens vs 3-0 Denver Broncos

DreamKid

"I don't respect your mobility at all" angle taken by Oweh and he still almost gets the pursuit Sack(Would've been his first 2 Sack Day 😒). Length & Speed combo with this kid is crazy. -

Super clean rip by Bowser to draw the hold too. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

I know a large chunk of the cap room next offseason+ is going to be delegated to Lamar, as it should, but I REALLY hope they find a way to make the numbers work to resign Averett.

He could be CB #2 for the next decade. Truly believe that and hope EDC gets it done.

8 hours ago, RayLew52 said:

Keep in mind Bozeman is up for a deal and the way he is playing he is most definitely earning it!

Along this note, I believe it was @Ray Reed who mentioned last year that Bozeman was an obvious signing option. I didn’t agree at the time based on Bozeman’s (IMO) only average to above average play at OG that wasn’t greatly differentiated from the other options (Mekari, Powers, etc.) to the degree that I’d want to fork over starting caliber money to him.

However, Bozeman at center this season has looked absolutely great, not what I’d classify as elite, but considering the state of OL across the NFL, it wouldn’t shock me if he’s legitimately a top 3-5 center in the game right now (thus elite). I’m fully on board with paying him ASAP.

I’ve seen all I need to see, he’s at worse an above average guard and at best a top 5ish center option. That’s a foundational player no matter which way you slice it

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I mean, this is just terrible technique from Surtain. 6 man blitz, you HAVE to play with inside shade. You cannot, under any circumstances, give up your inside leverage. You have no help at all inside; make the QB throw the fade or the go route. 

4 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I mean, this is just terrible technique from Surtain. 6 man blitz, you HAVE to play with inside shade. You cannot, under any circumstances, give up your inside leverage. You have no help at all inside; make the QB throw the fade or the go route. 

Didn't personally watch him, because I knew the Ravens probably weren't going CB early and even if they did he'd be long gone, but I remember seeing scouting reports that had this as one of Surtain's few weaknesses. Bites on the outside fake and isn't physical enough to reroute or disrupt Duvernay after. As a big CB you can't just watch smaller and quicker WRs work like that in front of you. With WRs like Hill and Ruggs in his division it's something he'll definitely have to learn to deal with consistently too. That's what good young players do though, improve. He'll get there.

DB group for the Broncos had a handful of costly errors against some WRs for the Ravens who played great on the day, but I thought they brought a good energy overall. The Safeties especially I thought were really physical. That Sterns kid had some plays and the hit on Latavius Murray that Kareem Jackson laid was sick. Murray is a big boy, you don't see that happen too often. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Didn't personally watch him, because I knew the Ravens probably weren't going CB early and even if they did he'd be long gone, but I remember seeing scouting reports that had this as one of Surtain's few weaknesses. Bites on the outside fake and isn't physical enough to reroute or disrupt Duvernay after. As a big CB you can't just watch smaller and quicker WRs work like that in front of you. With WRs like Hill and Ruggs in his division it's something he'll definitely have to learn to deal with consistently too. That's what good young players do though, improve. He'll get there.

DB group for the Broncos had a handful of costly errors against some WRs for the Ravens who played great on the day, but I thought they brought a good energy overall. The Safeties especially I thought were really physical. That Sterns kid had some plays and the hit on Latavius Murray that Kareem Jackson laid was sick. Murray is a big boy, you don't see that happen too often. 

The DB group is usually the strength of this team. But, your Offense presents a very unique home run threat in the run game and trying to limit that (which we did fairly well) comes at a cost, and that was a weak pass rush.

Not only did we not rush the passer well (without sending heavy blitzes late in the game), but Lamar has the ridiculously rare trait of being willing to hold the ball until the rush is right there whilst keeping his eyes downfield. We see Mahomes twice a year; he has it. It appears Herbert also has it (yay ...)

Combine that with the fact pass rush has to play contain, and the fact Lamar is maybe the best QB athlete of all time, and you have huge issues Defensively.

Personally, I'd rather lose to Jackson throwing for 300 yards than him running for 150 and winning. The latter, with his athleticism, is easier to do. Jackson had to earn the win on Sunday and he did just that.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Not only did we not rush the passer well (without sending heavy blitzes late in the game), but Lamar has the ridiculously rare trait of being willing to hold the ball until the rush is right there whilst keeping his eyes downfield. 

It was a trait he flashed in college too. Had a lot to clean up mechanically in terms of throwing, but his pure pocket ability and mentality was so underrated/undervalued. This is one of my favorite examples of it, came last week against the Lions-

19 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Personally, I'd rather lose to Jackson throwing for 300 yards than him running for 150 and winning. The latter, with his athleticism, is easier to do. Jackson had to earn the win on Sunday and he did just that.

Yea, I suppose watching Jackson string a drive with throws is more tolerable than the "death by a thousand untouched 15+ yard runs" method he can deliver at times. At least make him work for it. 

31 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

We see Mahomes twice a year; he has it. It appears Herbert also has it (yay ...)

Herbert looking like he's on a special trajectory has to be disconcerting. Room for error in roster building is almost non existent in the AFCW right now. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I had Sterns on my draft wish list as a mid-to-late round safety option (I believe he was on my 20-man draft game list)

• Like 1

Fangio made this whole situation so much much worse for himself 😂. If he just kept his mouth shut it all would've died, but he threw chum to the sports media sharks and now they're feeding. Haven't seen anyone say a positive word about his response.

Guarantee a lot of Fangio's beef was created from when Mattison cucked him out of the DC position. Can't really blame the team as much for that decision anymore seeing how god damn annoying Fangio is too. Was probably a c*nt behind the scenes. 

This clip is funny and essentially just a roast of Vic Fangio. He's relegated himself to 'sore loser who whines' status with the talking heads, which I don't think he saw coming. Shoutout to Dominique Foxworth too, he's great in this-

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Guarantee a lot of Fangio's beef was created from when Mattison cucked him out of the DC position. Can't really blame the team as much for that decision anymore seeing how god damn annoying Fangio is too. Was probably a c*nt behind the scenes. 

In the long run, though, Fangio has proven himself a much better defensive coach than Mattison. I know he looks like a fool today, but he was so much more qualified than Mattison to run that D.

Mattison is probably the worst DC in Ravens history. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AngusMcFife said:

In the long run, though, Fangio has proven himself a much better defensive coach than Mattison. I know he looks like a fool today, but he was so much more qualified than Mattison to run that D.

Mattison is probably the worst DC in Ravens history. 

No one is debating that. Mattison was 100% awful.

• Like 1