GDT 10/3/21 Week 4: 2-1 Baltimore Ravens vs 3-0 Denver Broncos

DreamKid

I think one of my favorite all time stupid football takes is from the minority that thinks what we did on that final run was wrong. More specifically the minority within that minority who're saying we don't really have the record or that it deserves an asterisk 🤣🤣😂. Cope harder freaks.

We opted to dominate through the air because it ensured the most comfortable victory. We could've easily ripped modest gains all game to secure the record if that was our primary goal. Our main goal during the game was running up the score to win, not trying to get the record 🤣. They're acting like we played for the record but were denied and instead had to secure it during 'Not real football time'(The last 4 seconds).. which isn't fair to the Broncos 😂.... The Broncos vulnerabilities in coverage enticing us to bombard them through the air and thus not go for 3-4 yards runs earlier in the contest isn't some honor bearing accomplishment or any kind of accomplishment. Sure their run defense was good in the sense that we didn't put 250 yards on them or something like we have other teams, but it's not like they were ever truly capable of shutting out the 100 yard game against our will- we just chose to gain yards and points a quicker way 😂. All we did at the end of the game was get a record we could've notched at an early point had we chosen to attack them differently. The goal was to win, when the game was clearly won the goal became to secure a record that was established 44 years ago and we'd worked at for multiple years- a symbol of our dominance and accomplishment in that facet of offensive attack. We deprived ourselves of purely pursuing the record in order to score quickly and more efficiently- which is what any team should've done. Then at the end of the game we decided to not deprive ourselves anymore, because there was absolutely no reason whatsoever to do so. Undermining what we'd accomplished in 42 games prior to that point and throwing away the record simply because it was really easy to pass on the Broncos was not something we wanted to do, so when the opportunity arose after the AA INT... we capitalized. We didn't line up in victory formation, we lined up normally, and they couldn't stop us- The End. We accomplished on the last play what we could've accomplished earlier in the game if we wanted, that's the whole story.

The only people that I've seen dumb enough to take that "It doesn't count" stance? David Carr, James Jones, and Kyle Brandt(one of the hosts on GMFB). Probably more out there but I don't care to look. Subject is boring at this point, and it's depressing to even see another human who's of such low capacity that they would offer a repulsive opinion like that.

• Like 2

Before Oweh blitzes this is essentially just a 3 man rush. C & LG have no one to block so they decide to look for work.. in the worst way possible. Totally abandon the interior, affording a looming Odafe a free lane towards the QB. Bridgewater stands tall and steps into the throw knowing he'll get hit, which ultimately was a mistake as it took him out of the game.

Wink is starting to really love this look. It's basically bait for the QB to leak out and attempt a scramble. Which puts them directly up against the menace that is Oweh- advantage us. Campbells insane length really helps make it work too, dude can occupy space in ways that our other DIs just can't. Odafe's only responsibility is the QB, so I'm sure Wink has given him the green light to go for the Sack/QBH if he sees it open. Worst case the QB breaks Oweh's tackle but by that point the outside EDGE players will be in the picture too. 

4 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I think one of my favorite all time stupid football takes is from the minority that thinks what we did on that final run was wrong. More specifically the minority within that minority who're saying we don't really have the record or that it deserves an asterisk 🤣🤣😂. Cope harder freaks.

We opted to dominate through the air because it ensured the most comfortable victory. We could've easily ripped modest gains all game to secure the record if that was our primary goal. Our main goal during the game was running up the score to win, not trying to get the record 🤣. They're acting like we played for the record but were denied and instead had to secure it during 'Not real football time'(The last 4 seconds).. which isn't fair to the Broncos 😂.... The Broncos vulnerabilities in coverage enticing us to bombard them through the air and thus not go for 3-4 yards runs earlier in the contest isn't some honor bearing accomplishment or any kind of accomplishment. Sure their run defense was good in the sense that we didn't put 250 yards on them or something like we have other teams, but it's not like they were ever truly capable of shutting out the 100 yard game against our will- we just chose to gain yards and points a quicker way 😂. All we did at the end of the game was get a record we could've notched at an early point had we chosen to attack them differently. The goal was to win, when the game was clearly won the goal became to secure a record that was established 44 years ago and we'd worked at for multiple years- a symbol of our dominance and accomplishment in that facet of offensive attack. We deprived ourselves of purely pursuing the record in order to score quickly and more efficiently- which is what any team should've done. Then at the end of the game we decided to not deprive ourselves anymore, because there was absolutely no reason whatsoever to do so. Undermining what we'd accomplished in 42 games prior to that point and throwing away the record simply because it was really easy to pass on the Broncos was not something we wanted to do, so when the opportunity arose after the AA INT... we capitalized. We didn't line up in victory formation, we lined up normally, and they couldn't stop us- The End. We accomplished on the last play what we could've accomplished earlier in the game if we wanted, that's the whole story.

The only people that I've seen dumb enough to take that "It doesn't count" stance? David Carr, James Jones, and Kyle Brandt(one of the hosts on GMFB). Probably more out there but I don't care to look. Subject is boring at this point, and it's depressing to even see another human who's of such low capacity that they would offer a repulsive opinion like that.

I'd also add that it's almost artificially conceding it to not be running there.

It's not like pundits credit you the other way. Some people still talked about Lamar's passing totals despite him sitting out something like an entire game's worth of 4th quarters in 2019.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Before Oweh blitzes this is essentially just a 3 man rush. C & LG have no one to block so they decide to look for work.. in the worst way possible. Totally abandon the interior, affording a looming Odafe a free lane towards the QB. Bridgewater stands tall and steps into the throw knowing he'll get hit, which ultimately was a mistake as it took him out of the game.

Wink is starting to really love this look. It's basically bait for the QB to leak out and attempt a scramble. Which puts them directly up against the menace that is Oweh- advantage us. Campbells insane length really helps make it work too, dude can occupy space in ways that our other DIs just can't. Odafe's only responsibility is the QB, so I'm sure Wink has given him the green light to go for the Sack/QBH if he sees it open. Worst case the QB breaks Oweh's tackle but by that point the outside EDGE players will be in the picture too. 

I'm looking forward to what Oweh (and Queen as well) can do on delayed / creative blitzes against Wentz. He's not a guy that gets rid of the ball fast and this could be a game where some of our guys really start notching the sack numbers.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

I'm looking forward to what Oweh (and Queen as well) can do on delayed / creative blitzes against Wentz. He's not a guy that gets rid of the ball fast and this could be a game where some of our guys really start notching the sack numbers.

Yea Wentz will play hero ball at times, which could mean some rundown opportunities for our EDGE guys. Their OL struggled against the Dolphins too. So hopefully we can dominate the LOS and make it a less stressful prime time game then we're used to. 

• Like 1

For the forum-

Pick the crazy stat line you'd want to see most from one of our 1st Round Rookies on MNF:

A: Rashod Bateman  12 Rec 216 YDs 4 TDs

B: Odafe Oweh  11 Tkls 4.5 Sacks 3 TFL 1 SAF 3 FF

Who would you want to have the monster day if given the choice? 

4 hours ago, DreamKid said:

For the forum-

Pick the crazy stat line you'd want to see most from one of our 1st Round Rookies on MNF:

My brain says B, but my heart and fantasy life 100% says A. xD

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DreamKid said:

For the forum-

Oweh's DROY campaign would really benefit from that game, but I think it would be better for the team overall if Bateman immediately established himself in that kind of way, so I'm going A since Oweh is already on that trajectory to be in the DROY conversation and a legit defensive star.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Oweh's DROY campaign would really benefit from that game, but I think it would be better for the team overall if Bateman immediately established himself in that kind of way, so I'm going A since Oweh is already on that trajectory to be in the DROY conversation and a legit defensive star.

Don't disagree, but I would say that (A) is a bit more likely in close game or one in which we trail for a significant portion, while (B) is more likely in a blowout / playing with a big lead. For that reason, I say (B) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Yea Wentz will play hero ball at times, which could mean some rundown opportunities for our EDGE guys. Their OL struggled against the Dolphins too. So hopefully we can dominate the LOS and make it a less stressful prime time game then we're used to. 

Wentz has lowkey had a pretty good career against us so far.

As a rookie in 2016 Wentz + the Eagles were that 2pt conversion away from beating us at home while we were fighting for our playoff lives, and last year we obviously saw them almost have that crazy comeback.

For some reason our DBs seem to not capitalize as well as other teams against him once he gets down and starts throwing up prayers and playing hero ball.

Hopefully third time isn't the charm for him this week with a win lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DreamKid said:

For the forum-

I’d easily take scenario A for the three reasons:
1. As stated Oweh is already on a DROY trajectory and is a known problem for the rest of the NFL. I don’t need to see more to know he’s that dude.

2. Rashod Bateman having instant success would send a signal to the idea that we may have FINALLY gotten our Lamar for the WR position. Torrey Smith and Hollywood Brown are sort of like the Joe Flacco’s of the position; I love Joe Flacco, I love Torrey Smith, yet they were both just sort of above average to good at their best, never elite.

Yet if Bateman can produce such a monstrous stat line like above, it’s going to mean a lot for the teams rushing efficiency, it’s going to mean a lot for the other WRs getting more open opportunities, it’ll mean Roman will be even less likely to force 22 personnel situations, but most importantly it’ll mean Lamar should have a true road dog for many years to come, a real “soldier.”

3. Lastly, speaking of Lamar having a soldier. If Bateman has THAT kind of efficiency as a receiver, then you’d have to imagine it’d put Lamar in contention for the efficiency needed for yet another Perfect Passing Game.

Lamar currently has two such performances; another would tie him with Tom Brady and Kurt Warner for the 2nd most such games in NFL history behind only Peyton Manning and Big Ben with 4. That’s a list of HOF QBs and would all but ensure Lamar has the late career fuel to make the HOF regardless of what comes his way.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 2