Week 4: TEN vs NYJ

Bobby816

1 hour ago, Big T said:

Let's keep all the depression to a minimum here and stick to the issue at hand and that is the Titans at the Jets.

Are we here to point fingers at the QB, OL,OC, etc. and regurgitate over and over who's to blame for the Jets poor start.

Do we really need someone to point out that the OL is terrible? Have we forgotten how good Zac Wilson CAN BE?

This is a team reeling in adversity because of injuries, the top players on the DL and OL are injured one for the year, the other for half a season.

So what can we expect, well if we are honest, hope. Thats what we have coming into this game, hope. That perhaps the Jets even if they lose they are competitive.

They put some points on the board, make it a game. Hope that someone on the defensive side of the ball creates a turnover and scores some points. That we open lanes for the RB's to be effective.

That the OL puts together a solid game so that Wilson has the time to showcase what they truly have at QB. 

Any terrible team on any given Sunday can upset the best teams. 

Are the Jets as bad as their record indicates, Yes, to some degree. Bill Parcells said you are what your record shows.

But as fans we know that what we witnessed in preseason and in rookie camp is not a fluke, the task for the coaching staff is having it translate to the field game time.

So what do we have going into this game? Hope.

That following this game we can hold our heads up and say we made a game of it, or even better.... we won, and build on the accomplishment.

For a team, even a team in the Jets position a positive game even in a loss can be an adrenaline boost to the psyche of the team.

Just as overweight individuals experience the same euphoria when laboring to become healthier and begin to notice signs that what striving for is showing results, they become motivated.  People notice, say encouraging things, and believe that the individual can change and be healthier.

The Jets have talent, they are better than the record would indicate.

So we have a choice, believe, have hope, all we ask as fan's is a team that is competitive and put together an effort worthy of the talent we've amassed.

Where we could say, Okay, we're turning a corner and we're ascending.

Every Jets fan has the 100% right to criticize and hate. Bc this organization hasn’t given us a winning team or even competitive team for that matter in a very long time.

Until that changes… the fans will always be right criticizing this team and the way it’s built and run.

• Like 2

Bobby's right. All we want right now is HOPE. Anything to show that we are on the right track. 

So far, nothing from this season is any different than the 50 or so previous campaigns. 

And as far as how good Zach Wilson CAN BE...I don't know how much that matters, or even what that means really. Right now he looks like a QB who cannot play at this level. Right now, he looks like we would be better off with Cam Newton. Right now, he looks like a bust. Right now, it looks like it was a massive error by management not to have a veteran signal caller challenging him for the job, or even forcing him to sit for a few weeks, a few months, or even a full season.

Robert Saleh is fully behind the kid, which I get. He says that as soon as it clicks, we will all see why he went second overall. Never have I ever hoped that one of our coaches was RIGHT about anything in my life. 

But why should WE, as Jets fans, believe him?

This is a must win. 

I can't think of any good Head coaches currently in the league who started off winning less than 5 games year 1. The odds of winning 3 or less in year one and turning everything around a year later is very slim. I'm rooting for Saleh to magically pull off 3-5 wins this year because I want him to be the answer. I'm tired of either searching for a new HC, QB, or GM every year. Just beat the AFC South teams and steal a  division game. lol 

The good news is that Lafluer owned up to calling a crappy game last week and didn't point fingers at the team. So I'm expecting a better look from coaching. 

Here is the thing.  I don't know if Wilson will be a bust.  But to blame JD is unfair.  Virtually every scout and GM considered him to be worthy as the second pick in the draft.  Those that did not, thought Fields should be, and he is not looking to be doing any better.  In fact, none of the QB's are looking strong at this point.  The only thing that concerns me about Wilson at this point is the criticism that his weakness is not being able to keep up with the speed of NFL defenses.  Not sure if that is just a developmental issue or it will be non correctable.  Solution seems to be to limit him to short, low risk passes to keep the ball moving.  But coaches are not showing this approach.

46 minutes ago, Bronx Born and Raised said:

The only thing that concerns me about Wilson at this point is the criticism that his weakness is not being able to keep up with the speed of NFL defenses.  Not sure if that is just a developmental issue or it will be non correctable

You just have to look at Sam and the success he is having in Carolina, albeit with limited data, to answer that question.

QB’s picked high in the draft are going to crappy teams. We all thought it would be different with Zach because we all believed the OL would be at least average. Good enough to protect Zach and allow him the time he needs back there. As Zach gains experience, he will need less time. The problem is the OL still sucks and LePew is not helping by sticking to 5 step drops and long developing routes. Is it any wonder Berrios is the leading target hog?  By going to a short quick passing game with 3 step drops, like we saw on the only decent drive last week, Zach can get the ball out quicker.