Week 5 Prospect Talk

rackcs

Let's go! Maryland football playing tonight, gotta check out Dontay Demus, Nick Cross, and Jaelyn Duncan vs our biggest competition yet this year with Iowa. ******* go Terps! 

(We're probably getting blown out but I'm still pumped)

Also interested to watch Jack Campbell and Sam LaPorta of Iowa, heard good things.

Besides the Maryland-Iowa game, there's obviously two big time SEC games this weekend.

Ole Miss-Alabama has lots of guys to watch but nobody has more on the line than Matt Corral. He's right in the mix for QB1 and playing well against Alabama could go a long way to solidifying his spot at the top.

For Georgia-Arkansas, I mainly want to watch the many defensive prospects they both have. Maybe the matchup I'm most interested in is seeing Jordan Davis and Ricky Stromberg go head to head.

What prospects or matchups are you guys excited for this weekend?

4 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Tua’s brother’s stock sinking like the titanic 

He should've never been hyped to begin with honestly. His accuracy numbers were inflated by all the screens we run. He often got jittery in the pocket and would throw off balance and his throws would be off because of it. He's a good college QB but he's just really not an NFL level guy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

He should've never been hyped to begin with honestly. His accuracy numbers were inflated by all the screens we run. He often got jittery in the pocket and would throw off balance and his throws would be off because of it. He's a good college QB but he's just really not an NFL level guy.

I was never a fan of he or his brother 

Jalen Catalon has been a bit disappointing lately. I think he's probably playing with a pretty beat up shoulder and hand, but still. Doesn't quite look like he did last season. Missing tackles and taking bad angles.

4 hours ago, jebrick said:

I was very impressed with Ahmad Gardner (CB Cinn) this week.  Very good in coverage whenever the ball was thrown near him.

Yeah, he's been having a nice year and getting himself into the mix for CB2 (CB1?). Lots of guys near the top that are close in ranking like Stingley (for me personally I don't think he's head and shoulders above right now), Elam, Gardner, Booth. 

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Who’s the best MIKE LB in the draft?

Henry To'o To'o on paper is the most talented, has not looked great this year in the new system with a new team, but the last game he did read and react a lot quicker and arrived to the football quickly and made a lot of plays. 

Jack Sanborn is good but is not great in space thus that could be a massive issue in the NFL.   Mike Rose and Micah McFadden are two who are far better in space and McFadden has had a great season especially getting after the passer, Rose not as dominating as he was last year.  Ellis Brooks is a underrated player, very strong at the point of attack and decent enough in coverage with his range.  Not a lot of really high end linebackers honestly taking out any 3/4 DE/OLB types.  A few underrated guys who could become something though in the later rounds.

Either way the NFL is changing and teams with more athletic linebackers and safety types who can drop down to linebacker or straight convert to linebacker from safety will be the norm, look at the Panthers and especially the Chargers and how they are built.  Not many standard ILB types around anymore, another example of that is Simmons on Arizona who is more a safety and is playing in a 3/4 and they want versatility first and foremost especially in terms of coverage and getting after the QB.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rackcs said:

Yeah, he's been having a nice year and getting himself into the mix for CB2 (CB1?). Lots of guys near the top that are close in ranking like Stingley (for me personally I don't think he's head and shoulders above right now), Elam, Gardner, Booth. 

Like all those guys. 

On 10/5/2021 at 3:46 PM, Ozzy said:

Henry To'o To'o on paper is the most talented, has not looked great this year in the new system with a new team, but the last game he did read and react a lot quicker and arrived to the football quickly and made a lot of plays. 

Jack Sanborn is good but is not great in space thus that could be a massive issue in the NFL.   Mike Rose and Micah McFadden are two who are far better in space and McFadden has had a great season especially getting after the passer, Rose not as dominating as he was last year.  Ellis Brooks is a underrated player, very strong at the point of attack and decent enough in coverage with his range.  Not a lot of really high end linebackers honestly taking out any 3/4 DE/OLB types.  A few underrated guys who could become something though in the later rounds.

Either way the NFL is changing and teams with more athletic linebackers and safety types who can drop down to linebacker or straight convert to linebacker from safety will be the norm, look at the Panthers and especially the Chargers and how they are built.  Not many standard ILB types around anymore, another example of that is Simmons on Arizona who is more a safety and is playing in a 3/4 and they want versatility first and foremost especially in terms of coverage and getting after the QB.  

I really like Mike Rose, his stat line from last 3 years look really good, espescially last year, 5 picks, 2.5 sacks, 99 tackles, 10.5 tackles for loss, 2 passes batted. Also what do you think of Christian Harris? A lot of people have him ranked as the #1 LB, do you just not consider him a MIKE LB? A few other guys I really like who can play MIKE would be Isaiah Moore, Nate Laidman, Kuomy Deng(crazy size and length, great athlete and instincts), Owen Pappoe, Brandon Smith, Micah McFadden, Jack Sandborn, Olakunle Fatukasi, Jojo Doman, and Noah Taylor.