Packers sign LB Jaylon Smith; Released

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Remind me again, what does this say is the #1 reason he went to the Packers?

It is a freaking storyline and the sports news runs with it, he did not coach Jaylon Smith unless he was moonlighting as the LB coach while being the QB coach which he absolutely was not doing.  Granted maybe he really liked LaFleur's personality when he spoke and interacted with him from time to time, not a shocker he is a smart young coach...whatever he did not "coach" Jaylon Smith in college and was at Notre Dame only one year anyway, not like he recruited him or something Jaylon Smith was there before LaFleur came on the staff.

Pretty sure the bigger reason is Za'Darius Smith being hurt most of the remainder of season is more the reason why the Packers signed him, gives them more versatility at LB, they can play Gary at OLB and then maybe Summers, Garvin or Burks can play a little OLB in the 3/4 as backups and would not be shocked if they try Jaylon Smith there if need be.  

Still seriously doubt Jaylon Smith is just a flaming failure his entire pro career from this day forward and should do just fine if not greatly succeed, but will see.

46 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

So you are assigning your own narrative to the story. Got it. 

So you read or listen to what others say in the media and make their opinion yours, ok got it.  

5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

So you read or listen to what others say in the media and make their opinion yours, ok got it.  

It feels like MLF and Jaylon could walk out holding hands with matching Notre Dame T-shirts and you would still be like "These dudes have never met"

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

It feels like MLF and Jaylon could walk out holding hands with matching Notre Dame T-shirts and you would still be like "These dudes have never met"

I put in quotes things you actually said, like LaFleur was Jaylon Smith's "coach in college", I never actually said "These dudes never even met".  But good job changing the "narrative" something you just said in quotes there. 

And pretend all day Za'Darius Smith "undergoes back surgery" has nothing at all to do with the Packers signing a linebacker, nothing to do with that at all...   Instead has everything to do with a coach that was on Jaylon Smith's team one season in college as the quarterback coach.  One makes sense, the other is a bit of a reach, either way not bad for this apparently terrible linebacker the Cowboys are so glad to be rid of, or should I say Cowboy fans are so glad to be rid of.  

12 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I put in quotes things you actually said, like LaFleur was Jaylon Smith's "coach in college", I never actually said "These dudes never even met".  But good job changing the "narrative" something you just said in quotes there. 

And pretend all day Za'Darius Smith "undergoes back surgery" has nothing at all to do with the Packers signing a linebacker, nothing to do with that at all...   Instead has everything to do with a coach that was on Jaylon Smith's team one season in college as the quarterback coach.  One makes sense, the other is a bit of a reach, either way not bad for this apparently terrible linebacker the Cowboys are so glad to be rid of, or should I say Cowboy fans are so glad to be rid of.  

Zadarius going under surgery has Nothing to do with Jaylon . They play two different types of Linebacker man. Zadarius played more DT for us than anytype off the ball LB role. 

6 hours ago, GHARMON9 said:

Zadarius going under surgery has Nothing to do with Jaylon . They play two different types of Linebacker man. Zadarius played more DT for us than anytype off the ball LB role. 

Actually our LB coach just stated Jaylon may get some edge snaps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GHARMON9 said:
17 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Actually our LB coach just stated Jaylon may get some edge snaps.

Welp I stand corrected. 

I also don't see that working out.  

Nah, DPR would be the role that allows you to cover up his biggest weaknesses. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2021 at 4:58 PM, Ozzy said:

Not a real surprise, and Cowboy fans were like laughing and happy because they were so glad to get rid of the guy because they thought he was horrible and now he is signed instantly the next day by another team because he is so bad?  Nah Packers got a solid player and as a 3/4 ILB he could be very good for them.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The guy is with a new organization, new defensive system and new defensive coordinator and terminology, and struggles after being with the team for 10 days and barely plays in the game.  Sure hope one grades out poorly in that situation, one has a point if he is that bad a month from now.

Oh and by the way, who stood out to you in college football on Saturday in terms of LB prospects?  What is that, no one, because you did not watch or pay attention to anyone because they do not play for the Dallas Cowboys.  Oh I see, great job.