Week 5 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

If the Jets had just done the smart thing and not rushed the incredibly raw rookie into the fray to get the absolute basura beaten out of him they damn well could be staring at being 4-1 right now instead of 1-4. They have a great defense, being wasted by an offense that cannot get out of its own way led by a rookie QB who doesn't seem to know where he is or what's going on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

If the Jets had just done the smart thing and not rushed the incredibly raw rookie into the fray to get the absolute basura beaten out of him they damn well could be staring at being 4-1 right now instead of 1-4. They have a great defense, being wasted by an offense that cannot get out of its own way led by a rookie QB who doesn't seem to know where he is or what's going on.

Friendly reminder that the Falcons are without their #1 and #2 WR. A great defense doesn't give up 26 points in those situations.

Like, what was that throw?  Davis is wide open.  How does he end up throwing it so high rather than to his receivers chest?

It is a big problem.  Jets are going to need to hire the right people to get him fixed up.  

And you just can't hold the ball there on that sack.

Just now, iknowcool said:

Like, what was that throw?  Davis is wide open.  How does he end up throwing it so high rather than to his receivers chest?

It is a big problem.  Jets are going to need to hire the right people to get him fixed up.  

And you just can't hold the ball there on that sack.

He's not fixable tbh. He doesn't look like he has any idea what's going on and he is getting the hell beaten out of him which is only gonna make it worse.

Just now, agarcia34 said:

That play lol middle of the field is open kid 

Ben Solak talked about this during the off season in an article about why he wasn't actually a great fit for the Shanny passing scheme. He doesn't use the middle of the field nearly enough 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Ben Solak talked about this during the off season in an article about why he wasn't actually a great fit for the Shanny passing scheme. He doesn't use the middle of the field nearly enough 

He was a perimeter passer in college and they never use outside the hashes in the play concepts, he's not good, and he's gonna need to take some PROFOUND steps here just to be baseline, but his offensive coaching is also not helping him out at all. He should not be taking this many deep drops with layers concepts with an OL this bad in an offense he's not fit for. 

Not a great game by Wilson but lets not act like he has a lot of help. A rookie like him needs a good running game and good TE as a safety blanket. He does seem like another offseason is necessary to clean up his mechanics and get comfortable in the scheme but already calling him a bust is a bit early imo.

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

So many NFL draft analysts who tried to seem smart are desperately gonna start backpedaling.

If he busts, I'll be willing to admit I was wrong.  I'm already starting to think I was wrong about him.  I don't remember him looking this inaccurate in college.  

I do think the skill-set is still there but it is really hard to expect someone to improve their accuracy as much as Wilson will need to.  And I don't think it is as simple as pointing at Josh Allen and saying, "Well, he did it."  Josh Allen is a freak.  And even then, he's still not the best pocket passer, but he makes up for it because of his elite physical skill-set.  Wilson has a very good arm and can move but he's not going to be able to compensate like Allen can.

EDIT - And like I said before, he does not see the field well at all.  A lot of sacks and hits he takes are on him.  Locks onto his 1st read.  The game is tooooo fast for him.  But even those aren't as bad as the accuracy woes.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1