Week 5 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

This is a big if but IF the Bills beat the Chiefs on Sunday night, are the Bills in the drivers seat to the #1 seed barring any big injuries? LOL. Before you write me off just hear me out. The Bills would technically have a 3 game lead over the Chiefs after this week with a win. 4-1 vs 2-3 (Bills have the tie breaker). 

After the Chiefs game, the Bills schedule is the easiest in the NFL : 

• at Titans
  • Dolphins
  • at Jaguars
  • at Jets
  • Colts 
  • at Saints 
  • Patriots 
  • at Bucs
  • Panthers
  • at Patriots
  • Falcons 
  • Jets

Titans, Bucs, and maybe the Panthers are tough but other than that the Bills will be favorites on all other games. 

The Ravens, Chiefs, Chargers are all great teams but have tougher schedules/divisions. After Mahomes this week, the top (3) QBs the Bills will face the rest of the season will be Brady, Tannehill then maybe Winston or Darnold? I'm obviously getting way to ahead of myself but it seems plausible. 

21 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Browns scary me. They are the most physical team in the league. If the Chargers win this and it's to the moon.

That has been one of the toughest games for me to pick but I'm going with the Chargers. The Browns are coming into their second straight road game and their offense was sluggish last week. Baker/OBJ are also reportedly injured and they'll be without Landry as well. The Browns defensive numbers are impressive on paper but they've played the Texans with Mills at QB, the Vikings with an injured Cook, and the Bears with Fields making his 1st start. Against the Chiefs week 1 they allowed 400 yards and 33 points. 

The Chargers also have a top 10 defense but they've already played the Raiders, Cowboys, and Chiefs. Outside of the Raiders game the Chargers run defense has been pretty bad and that's the Browns biggest strength. But we've already seen Mahomes light up their secondary so I think Herbert should have a pretty good game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

That has been one of the toughest games for me to pick but I'm going with the Chargers. The Browns are coming into their second straight road game and their offense was sluggish last week. Baker/OBJ are also reportedly injured and they'll be without Landry as well. The Browns defensive numbers are impressive on paper but they've played the Texans with Mills at QB, the Vikings with an injured Cook, and the Bears with Fields making his 1st start. Against the Chiefs week 1 they allowed 400 yards and 33 points. 

The Chargers also have a top 10 defense but they've already played the Raiders, Cowboys, and Chiefs. Outside of the Raiders game the Chargers run defense has been pretty bad and that's the Browns biggest strength. But we've already seen Mahomes light up their secondary so I think Herbert should have a pretty good game.

True, but this will come down to if Chargers oline can handle the Browns dline.  I think Chargers D will stack the box and dare Baker to beat them.

It will be interesting to see what Chargers game plan is on offense. Yes I think playing Mills and Chicago inflated Browns numbers. But they did a number on a good Vikings offense. We'll see.

16 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

This is a big if but IF the Bills beat the Chiefs on Sunday night, are the Bills in the drivers seat to the #1 seed barring any big injuries? LOL. Before you write me off just hear me out. The Bills would technically have a 3 game lead over the Chiefs after this week with a win. 4-1 vs 2-3 (Bills have the tie breaker). 

• at Titans
  • Dolphins
  • at Jaguars
  • at Jets
  • Colts 
  • at Saints 
  • Patriots 
  • at Bucs
  • Panthers
  • at Patriots
  • Falcons 
  • Jets

Titans, Bucs, and maybe the Panthers are tough but other than that the Bills will be favorites on all other games. 

The Ravens, Chiefs, Chargers are all great teams but have tougher schedules/divisions. After Mahomes this week, the top (3) QBs the Bills will face the rest of the season will be Brady, Tannehill then maybe Winston or Darnold? I'm obviously getting way to ahead of myself but it seems plausible. 

Any given Sunday (and all that) but that's a lovely schedule. 

I'd be surprised if Bills aren't number 1 with a record like 14-3. 

17 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

• at Titans
  • Dolphins
  • at Jaguars
  • at Jets
  • Colts 
  • at Saints 
  • Patriots 
  • at Bucs
  • Panthers
  • at Patriots
  • Falcons 
  • Jets

Tampa faces one great QB the rest of the year, Josh allen all the way in December 

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Matchups this week seem kind of "meh". Browns/Chargers and Bills/Chiefs look like the spotlight games. Rams/Seahawks was the other one. 

This is the week that the 3-1 Bengals prove they can hang with anyone, or the week that Green Bay sends them back down to earth in my opinion.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Browns scary me. They are the most physical team in the league. If the Chargers win this and it's to the moon.

Herbert is going to be a future HOF though. So you’ll always have a strong chance of winning.

Cleveland honestly reminds me of the early 2000’s Carolina Panthers teams. Very physical run game with some monsters on their defensive line.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

This is the week that the 3-1 Bengals prove they can hang with anyone, or the week that Green Bay sends them back down to earth in my opinion.

Cin pass D is really underrated.   And no Alexander.  I’m really tempted to take cin on the ML for value.   No Mixon would hurt their balance though.   Him being ok would be huge for them.  The teams that have beaten GB have had balance on O (Tampa, Min with Cook, SF 2019 etc).  

Edited by Broncofan

31 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Cin pass D is really underrated.   And no Alexander.  I’m really tempted to take cin on the ML for value.   No Mixon would hurt their balance though.   Him being ok would be huge for them.  The teams that have beaten GB have had balance on O (Tampa, Min with Cook, SF 2019 etc).  

For me, more than any of that, is that I'm skeptical Cinci's OL holds up like they have the last 2 weeks. I think their OL circa Weeks 1 and 2 is more who they are.