Tom Cable

NYRaider

3 minutes ago, Rolni said:

I hated the pick up originally and now on the fire Cable train 100%

Gruden/Mayock's faith in their assistant coaches has put us in such a weird spot. Reached on a bunch of guys because they fit Guenther's scheme and then dissolved the offensive line because we had faith in Cable's ability to identify and develop talent.

50 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Cable is in charge. Fired? Lol. He probably bullies Mark and Mayock while Gruden awkwardly smiles and makes jokes. 

We've heard numerous reports about how much input our positional coaches have in our draft strategy. 

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Cable has been praised for being a "great" offensive line coach but man it's not looking good. He inherited a very talented, highly paid group, then replaced them all with his own guys. How are we feeling about him now? 

Just like Guenther I have been on the fire him train from the beginning.  Guenther I did not realize was going to be that bad.  I do not like either and have said that Cable has was to much control over personnel.  Good teacher that makes horrible decisions.  His negative decisions far outweigh his positive impact.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Just like Guenther I have been on the fire him train from the beginning.  Guenther I did not realize was going to be that bad.  I do not like either and have said that Cable has was to much control over personnel.  Good teacher that makes horrible decisions.  His negative decisions far outweigh his positive impact.

Basically my take on him in a nutshell 

I've always hated Cable. A clock is right twice a day. Miller developed and he got a pass with his veteran Oline. Miller had a round 1 grade and plus athletic ability mind you. 

He's not developed much of anything else. Parker was a wasted 3rd round pick. Simpson looks like PS player. James for all the ballyhoo about his development looks like he'll wash out of the league shortly. 

What positive has Cable actually done that wasn't behind Hudson leading the group?

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Cable has been praised for being a "great" offensive line coach but man it's not looking good. He inherited a very talented, highly paid group, then replaced them all with his own guys. How are we feeling about him now? 

You keep on just making stuff up who did Cable replace? Does he have that kind of power?

I remember Vic Tafur also mentioning that Tom Cable was pounding the table for us to trade up and draft Brandon Parker, lol. 

The year before Cable took over

Penn - Osemele - Hudson - Jackson - Newhouse

4 years in with Cable

Miller -  Simpson - James - Leatherwood - Parker