Tom Cable

NYRaider

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I don't think we can simply assume because Kolton developed, the rest can. Kolton had a first round grade and skillset. He was a little undersized as a rookie, but had the athletic traits to develop. For every Miller, there is a Brandon Parker.

The issue is talent. These guys (Simpson, James, Pleatherwood, Parker, Simmons, etc.) they flat out suck. You can't make a 5 star meal out of canned food.

I think Cable is the issue.  He thinks he is the greatest o-line mind in the league and can create greatness by moving guys around.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

I've watched this a few times and it gets worse each time. James and Parker just completely whiff on both their blocks as their guys flood through and Leatherwood goes between the Bears defenders and blocks James!!! 😂😂

It's like Keystone Cops honestly, just embarrassing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I think Cable is the issue.  He thinks he is the greatest o-line mind in the league and can create greatness by moving guys around.  

Mike Tice I really liked and thought he did a good job, did we just fire him in order to hire Cable? Can't really remember how that went down.......

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Mike Tice I really liked and thought he did a good job, did we just fire him in order to hire Cable? Can't really remember how that went down.......

I think his contract ran out.  He had issues with other coaches.  Gruden came in and brought his guys so everyone else was let go.  2017 through 2018 was a comedy of errors that has led to todays team.  If you want to go way back you could say JDR sabotaged the team after Mark Davis kept openly talking about hiring Gruden if he ever got the chance.  JDR gets sick of it and starts a cascading affect thought the team.  No way of knowing for sure but I would think Davis telling him he would replace him if he got a shot at Gruden would have some affect.

https://www.raidersbeat.com/a-series-of-lies-may-have-led-to-mark-davis-firing-jack-del-rio/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I've watched this a few times and it gets worse each time. James and Parker just completely whiff on both their blocks as their guys flood through and Leatherwood goes between the Bears defenders and blocks James!!! 😂😂

It's like Keystone Cops honestly, just embarrassing.

I've watched this 100 times and I still can't believe this is an NFL OLine. You mentioned Parker and James. Simpson - lunges at the LB, misses and falls on his face as well. I've never seen 3 guys completely whiff on one play like that. Embarassing is right

• Like 2

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I've watched this 100 times and I still can't believe this is an NFL OLine. You mentioned Parker and James. Simpson - lunges at the LB, misses and falls on his face as well. I've never seen 3 guys completely whiff on one play like that. Embarassing is right

Cable is the #1 villain. He has taken guenthers mantle and is doing a great job. And Andre James is the new Reggie Nelson.

Think the Raiders really where bullish on the idea that they could rely on a 39 year old OG who came off injury to be able to be healthy and provide the anchor in the middle that they need. 

Don’t think they would do anything different if they can go back and not trade Brown or Jackson. Think they’re good with those decisions. The one decision they regret would be the Hudson one. I know they had some hopes for Andre James but that guy doesn’t have it. Maybe that can change by the end of the season but he’s showed nothing to make you think he can turn it around. 

The Raiders went super cheap on the OL due to the cap limitations due to the Covid situations. So they could be able to spend on the defense. With the cap going up in the offseason it’s very important for them to be aggressive and fix this. Chargers did it so it can be done but if they stick with Andre James at center then it really doesn’t matter. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Goodness me, yes I see that now too! Simpson, James and Parker just flail past their guys like drunks and Simpson face plants on his own while Leatherwood turns in and blocks James!

That must be the worst run blocking I've ever seen. We have 4 guys falling around and bumping into each other like a slapstick sketch and only Miller is actually blocking anyone. We literally would have been better if the other four just stood there.....at least the defenders would have to go round them 😂😂

That is truly unbelievable for a professional line.