College Football Coaching Carousel

Texasmade

Money is a motivator. It’s the hammer/moneybag philosophy. People are either motivated to produce a certain result by fear of consequence or by incentive. Since neither is in the equation given the fully guaranteed ridiculous contract, this is a puzzling deal. 

Jimbo is a good coach, but he’s not Bill Belichick. What a crazy investment. 

13 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Money is a motivator. It’s the hammer/moneybag philosophy. People are either motivated to produce a certain result by fear of consequence or by incentive. Since neither is in the equation given the fully guaranteed ridiculous contract, this is a puzzling deal. 

Jimbo is a good coach, but he’s not Bill Belichick. What a crazy investment. 

A guy like Jimbo Fisher doesn't need those things to be motivated to win.

Just now, jrry32 said:

A guy like Jimbo Fisher doesn't need those things to be motivated to win.

75 million already in your pocket can certainly change a person’s motivation. Especially if there are struggles five years into a deal and you’re nearing 60. I’m just not a fan of a fully guaranteed deal like this for about anyone. 

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

75 million already in your pocket can certainly change a person’s motivation. Especially if there are struggles five years into a deal and you’re nearing 60. I’m just not a fan of a fully guaranteed deal like this for about anyone. 

A guy who is already rich isn't going to ruin his legacy.

41 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

All of my friends in Bryan/College Station are flipping out.

1/2 are swearing a National Championship run by next year.

The other 1/2 are wondering why their updated tuition statements just jumped up. 

I know this is half sarcastic, but A&M has some huge boosters who I am guessing are covering this cost (and I am guessing basically demanded they go get someone of his level at any cost). 

17 minutes ago, mm6492 said:

I know this is half sarcastic, but A&M has some huge boosters who I am guessing are covering this cost (and I am guessing basically demanded they go get someone of his level at any cost). 

No doubt they do. 

Even without the sarcasm though, a few of my friends that go to school there did just see their bills go up a bit (new semester bills are being sent out around this time everywhere). When students see that kind of money being floated around at the same time, I totally get why they'd be a little irked. Sally and Joe 18 yr old, maybe not. The students not interested in athletics or not on mom and pop's dime, they notice that kind of thing. It's the sole reason I refuse to donate to my alma mater's alumni fund. Alas, that's all a discussion for another forum. 

On the coaching subject though, A&M better hope he works out. If the stuff about the guaranteed money is true, that school just attached itself by the wallet for a long, long time. And Jimbo Fisher isn't a poster boy for wanting to stick around. I mean, there has to be clauses in there regarding him leaving on his own accord, right? I'd hope so......

8 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

No doubt they do. 

Even without the sarcasm though, a few of my friends that go to school there did just see their bills go up a bit (new semester bills are being sent out around this time everywhere). When students see that kind of money being floated around at the same time, I totally get why they'd be a little irked. Sally and Joe 18 yr old, maybe not. The students not interested in athletics or not on mom and pop's dime, they notice that kind of thing. It's the sole reason I refuse to donate to my alma mater's alumni fund. Alas, that's all a discussion for another forum. 

On the coaching subject though, A&M better hope he works out. If the stuff about the guaranteed money is true, that school just attached itself by the wallet for a long, long time. And Jimbo Fisher isn't a poster boy for wanting to stick around. I mean, there has to be clauses in there regarding him leaving on his own accord, right? I'd hope so......

Yea that totall does make sense. Even if the money does not come from the same place, would put a sour taste in my mind. And telling the athletes we can't pay you but we can give the coach 75 million.

And I really think that theres a booster out there who is basically paying this contract. And I would think that there are clauses for him leaving or going somewhere else. I believe guaranteed would apply to A&M getting rid of him for any reason. 

Taggart is risky. It's much easier to make a bad program good than it is to elevate a good program to an elite one. He hasn't had the chance yet given he has been at Oregon one year, but turning around two bad teams doesn't make me sold he is going to be a home run hire. 

Archived