Week 5 5 up/5 downs...I'll start....the officiating.

Bucketheadsdad

Down

officials terrible

communication in the secondary between safeties. Even if Harrison picks up Williams its probably a TD on that bomb

A lack of a stud WR to make a damn play, Higg and DPJ are great for 3/4

Stephanski last two drives

If we need to run out the clock, put Chubb in the game

Up

Baker, he bounced back and was super accurate, he looked like a really good QB. 

Stephanski
chubb and Hunt

Oline with a back ups 

AJ Green had a really good game IMO 

DPJ had a solid game for a big bodied dude, he looks like a middle of the road no. 2 WR

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Our safeties are God awful communicating with each other. Nobody is talking to each other back there and it’s why they give up bombs.

yeah I really didn’t expect this when we signed jjiii.

Jamie Gillan needs to go.

it’s time.

OBJ needs to go.

It’s overdue.

Up:

Baker. Bounce back game. Stefanski helped him out with some easy throws early on but he looked good regardless.

Stefanski minus the last two drives.

Chubb and Hunt. Chubb is the best RB in the league and Hunt is damn good himself.

AJ Green and Greedy Williams. Both held up well against a top passing offense.

DPJ. Finally had a good game.

Down:

Communication on defense. Defense gave up two huge TD passes due to poor communication.

Woods. If the defense is having trouble communicating, that's at least partly the DC's fault.

Injuries. They're piling up.

Refs. Just awful.

JJ3. He has not lived up to the hype. Hoping that changes.

• Like 3

Up.

1. Baker.  Torn labrum, coming off two bad games, stepped up and looked the part.

2. Chubb.  He’s a fuggin dude.

3. Mr. William Callahan.  Continues to turn chicken ish into chicken salad.

4. AJ Green.  Dude stepped up and competed against some really talented receivers.

5. The “other guys” (Njoku, ‘Wood, DPJ).  These dudes need more targets, plain and simple.

* Bonus* Malik McDowell.  He’s earning himself some money.

Down.

1. The officiating.  I’m not a blame the refs dude, but there were some questionable (at best) calls with one being on a very crucial play.  You simply can’t bail teams out like that on what clearly should have been a no call at worst (or OPI if they’re really needing to earn a paycheck)

2. Joe Woods.  Maybe it’s not his fault entirely, but when you’re unit allows almost 50, you’re on the list.

3. The safeties. Too much money and draft capital for them to be this bad. JJIII needs to start earring his paycheck.

4. Clock management.  Not good.  Not good at all.

5. The punter whose name we need to forget. He’s simply not a professional punter tbh. I can’t believe we can’t upgrade here, and the time is now.  We’ve been patient enough.

* Bonus *. OBJ (because I’m a derp/hater)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

To add to that, I could see us eating a lot of that salary next season and just cutting Hooper before Baker and Denzel’s contracts get yuge and resigning Njoku.

He’s a nice player, but he’s worth half of what he’s paid.

Pretty much. Not entirely his fault - Baker likes to spread the ball around and we obviously want to run the ball. But no one can argue that he's worth what he's currently paid.

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

We need to figure out what guys work with Baker too 

It's not small burners that for sure. 

He needs big bodies guys, we need to kind a Mike Evan's type. 

Drew brees did well with giys like that Gholston, and Mike Thomas 

Baker seems to like to put the ball on his receivers.  He’s not leading them, dropping it in the bucket, etc., he’s gonna put it in their chest on on their shoulders.

Draft bigger guys who understand how to get open, run routes, and make contested catches.  Keep some fast goober like Schwartz to keep a defense honest.

We need dudes who win 1:1 while contested.

5 Up

1. Usually I never watch football games twice, especially in a loss, but that one I might watch again. We played with heart and we fought all game. 

2. Greedy Williams competed his *** off today and made plays. He looks like a solid number 2 corner. 

3. Run game. What a job. Two of the best to ever tote the rock and that’s not an overblown statement. 

4. JOK. He’s a player. 

5. Baker looked much better and didn’t make costly errors. If he plays like this we will be in it at the end. 

5 Down

1. Coach Stefanskis playcalling at the end. He was put in some tough situations, and didn’t call the best game at the end. 

2. Defensive playcalling/ coaching. We were out of position and bit on crucial plays. Best news is it looked fixable. 

3. Injuries. Man having Clowney out here. We need to our guys back. 

4.  Odell I can’t say it enough he’s not a fit. Coaches don’t take it personally, but it’s not working just move on. 

5.  Officiating. That PI at the end was a horrible call

What a game man so great to see us involved in a game like that. 

• Like 1