Week 5 5 up/5 downs...I'll start....the officiating.

Bucketheadsdad

13 minutes ago, brownie man said:

1. Coach Stefanskis playcalling at the end. He was put in some tough situations, and didn’t call the best game at the end.

Don’t take this as me disagreeing with you, I’m not, but like, what plays do you call here with no timeouts?

And I can imagine you’re saying “pass plays towards the sidelines so you can get out of bounds”.  And you’re not wrong.  But also what their defense was expecting and geared for Im sure.

Driving 70 yards under 2 min isn’t impossible, but without at least at TO or two becomes awfully damned hard.

• Like 1

What is also concerning about the last drive is they didnt look at schwartz or OBJ. We pay OBJ to be  a big play guy and him and Baker are obvisouly way off.

Also Schwartz should have been on the field to at least apply pressure for the safeties deep. 

We could have ran some levels concepts on out routes or something with him boosting up field. 

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Don’t take this as me disagreeing with you, I’m not, but like, what plays do you call here with no timeouts?

And I can imagine you’re saying “pass plays towards the sidelines so you can get out of bounds”.  And you’re not wrong.  But also what their defense was expecting and geared for Im sure.

Driving 70 yards under 2 min isn’t impossible, but without at least at TO or two becomes awfully damned hard.

Hard enough when you have your starting tackles, even harder when you're playing two backups at both tackle spots.

Hell, not even backups. 3rd and 4th stringers.

Hance played admirably enough but he was still a weak link. Definitely feel more comfortable with him playing at guard.

• Like 1

Just now, DawgX said:

Hard enough when you have your starting tackles, even harder when you're playing two backups at both tackle spots.

Hell, not even backups. 3rd and 4th stringers.

Hance played admirably enough but he was still a weak link. Definitely feel more comfortable with him playing at guard.

Actually 4th and 5th stringers.

Conklin

Wills

Hubbard

Hance

Hudson

Bolded are the dudes who finished them game.

Ups:

Baker

our rbs

we finally have a danged team…enjoy it you morons. 

our weather here in NE Ohio, amiright?

I don’t have a fifth 🤷🏼‍♂️

Downs:

Anybody who blames Baker on this loss. Y’all are out of your damn minds. Baker literally kept us in the game. He literally scored enough points to beat anybody in the freaking damned league. If we should blame anybody it’s the defense. If we just stopped them on one, just one of the multiple blown 4th down conversions we gave up we win. Or 3rd down conversions we gave up. 
2) due we really blame Baker four this?  I have one

thing against that 

3 have a nice day

5 just had to have a five down, even though blaming Baker here is just plain ignorant. Come on cats do better. Shake my damned head. Yeah I’m shaking it. 

• Like 4

These mounting injuries make it really tough, especially against really good teams

You know me, Mr. Optimistic, I have a silver lining for everything. Young guys are getting starting reps in live games, the depth of this team was on display. Bunch of young guys in the secondary, they played pretty good but the lack of experience led to breakdowns and big plays

The healthiest teams win the Super Bowl, quality depth is key... I think we have it

Even with all of the miscues, it took atrocious officiating at the end of a game to beat us

Now we get to go face that glitch Kyler Murray. Our safeties eyes lied to them all game, I hope they spend a ton of time on film because this guy, like Herbert, will cash in on breakdowns

Edited by TeHDruiD