The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Bowels or any other retread coach would really be deflating. You have to have some fire power on offense in the west to compete. A defensive HC would also be kind of meh....

Harbaugh is exciting and has the pedigree.

Ryans, it's a year or two to early. Recency bias really getting in the way on that one. 

Agreed. Vic Fangio proved as much with Denver, they had a top 5 defense this year and were 4th in the division. Harbaugh is be the best option, imo, but with how things seem to be trending I think we're going to hire McDaniels or Bowles unfortunately, lol. 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Since we're looking to hire both at the same time, I think that a "pair" is the most likely outcome. I could see Ziegler with McDaniels as the head coach and Mayo as the DC. 

I would be very happy with this trio. For some reason, I think McDaniels is going to be the Pete Carroll/Bill B. type that figures it out the second time around as a HC. 

Edited by jpaulthe1st

https://www.si.com/college/michigan/football/michigan-football-jim-harbaugh-las-vegas-raiders-mark-david-nfl-big-ten

The biggest threat to the marriage between Harbaugh and U-M appears to be the Las Vegas Raiders, with several reports indicating a mutual interest between the franchise and head coach. While that could still be the case, Raiders owner Mark Davis is also currently on the hunt for a new GM after firing Mike Mayock earlier this month. That decision is likely to have a major impact on what Harbaugh ultimately decides to do. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Bowels or any other retread coach would really be deflating. You have to have some fire power on offense in the west to compete. A defensive HC would also be kind of meh....

Harbaugh is exciting and has the pedigree.

Ryans, it's a year or two to early. Recency bias really getting in the way on that one. 

Who would you prefer? Im pretty much with you on all three you listed. I know we went back and forth on McDanies the other day. 

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

Who would you prefer? Im pretty much with you on all three you listed. I know we went back and forth on McDanies the other day. 

Harbaugh is the best candidates, I pray to god every day that we do not hire Bowles. I'd prefer to keep Rich over hiring Bowles tbh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

This is interesting, and kinda backs up what I’ve been saying all along, and if they blow the cover off it,  it will make it harder to fulfill the Rooney rule. Bowles gets his interview done and we’ll see. And I totally agree with y’all about needing offense, maybe defense does win championships but it didn’t Sunday night.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Al Davis tried to get a new stadium for decades in both Los Angeles/Oakland and failed. The team was also the least profitable organization in the NFL and only worth $700M at the time of his death. Mark certainly hasn't been the perfect owner but in the decade he has been in control of the team he has secured a new, state of the art stadium in Las Vegas, the team has made the playoffs twice, and the Raiders are now one of the most valuable franchises in the league at $3.5B. 

Mark catches a ton of flack in the media and is viewed as an outsider amongst NFL owners but he deserves his props.

I make fun of Mark because he's goofy as hell and has some dumb ideas....

But yeah, I never really understand some of the legitimate dislike of the guy. 

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

I make fun of Mark because he's goofy as hell and has some dumb ideas....

But yeah, I never really understand some of the legitimate dislike of the guy. 

Mark genuinely reminds me of a kid, naive and innocent. Outside hate is likely due to the fact he's not a part of the good boy's club of NFL owners. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Mark genuinely reminds me of a kid, naive and innocent. Outside hate is likely due to the fact he's not a part of the good boy's club of NFL owners. 

i like that about Mark. The fact he aint one of these smug owners, hes a player/fan type of owner. He reminds me of the guy who wins the super lotto and buys his favorite team lol  He got the stadium deal done, invested in new facilities and hires people and stays out the way. Besides the haircut, whats not to like? 

• Like 2

all the top HC's are still available, i am glad Mark is not rushing into a decision. Especially without a GM in place. I just hope we get this GM thing taken care of soon. What's the hold up on Dodds? His team has been out and i don't believe he's had many interviews. I know some things happen behind the scenes but i dont see a set interview in place. We requested the interview 3 days ago. The good thing is that i dont believe hes been linked to anywhere else after withdrawing from the Bears.