What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

22 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

The ending to season 1. I'm gonna read the books soon enough (though I say that about everything). 

I'll try to do this best I can because its been a while since I watched it and I may be slightly misremembering stuff. 

Spoiler

The Tim Robbins character was intentionally sabotaging people who went out into the outside world (I assume that this had been going on long before he was in that position, however). The world is dead, but he was using sabotaged tape to make sure that their suits weren't protecting them when they went outside just in case they didn't take their helmets off. 

For Juliet, Martha had the tape changed out to what they use down below, which is a much better tape than the one IT uses (who typically provides the tape for those who go outside). So Juliet's suit was actually protecting her as she went outside. 

When she goes out, she sees like a lush world, however she saw that it was exactly like the Jane Carmody cleaning video (I think from the birds) so she realized that the world she was seeing was a hologram or VR or whatever. The system starts to glitch as she goes to touch things that show in her helmet. Eventually that projection breaks and she sees the world for what it really is - toxic and dead. The original sheriff and his wife (Holston and Allison) are in fact dead. Juliet doesn't clean the camera because unlike those who went before her, she wasn't fooled by the hologram or VR or whatever. I have no idea why they give those people the idea that the world isn't dead...perhaps to make sure that if the suits don't kill them that they take their helmets off and kill themselves? I'm not sure. 

When she walks up the hill and the camera pans out, its clear that there a dead city out there and as the camera pulls back, it reveals that there are dozens of Silos like the one she came out of. Some may be dead and failed though. 

I'm assuming that the big steel door that was found (that the Tim Robbins guy may or may not have known about?) is actually an entryway to another Silo, but I'm not sure. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'll try to do this best I can because its been a while since I watched it and I may be slightly misremembering stuff. 

Ah okay, I missed the last part (overview of the world). I'm just gonna read the books since the next season won't come out until like 2025 due to the strikes.

• Like 1

Bought the Silo series @Forge for my Xmas travel readings. Did not realize that Wool was 594 pages lol. Thought I was getting a break from the GoT type reading but I guess I'm just gonna have to power through. Got long layovers on my flights and I'm spending a week at my dads, so I may be able to get one or two of the three books done.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Bought the Silo series @Forge for my Xmas travel readings. Did not realize that Wool was 594 pages lol. Thought I was getting a break from the GoT type reading but I guess I'm just gonna have to power through. Got long layovers on my flights and I'm spending a week at my dads, so I may be able to get one or two of the three books done.

I may give it a read too.  I just bought the Broken Earth Trilogy, so I think I'm going to get through that, but I liked the show enough to be interested in reading the books. 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 12:32 AM, kingseanjohn said:

I’m finally getting around to starting my first ever viewing of Friday Night Lights. Hopefully the hype is worth it. 

22 days later and I’ve finally finished all 5 seasons! I’d say the hype is real. Definitely had some ups and downs but overall it was a fantastic show. Easily a top 10 series for me that could’ve gone on longer. 

Tales from the Crypt was so, so, so, so good.

I would kill for a reboot.

Probably my favorite horror anthology ever. I watched the first 4 seasons with Netflix when Netflix used to mail DVDs years and years ago, but I never got past the 4th season because they were always out past 4. It only got better after that.

Twice as good as Tales from the Darkside.

Finished my rewatch of The Wire. Still an amazing show, when it stuck to the drug dealers, and cops. But when the politics, newspaper stuff comes up it’s drags the show a bit.

Original Ranking of the seasons

4-1-3-2-5

But now I would put it 1–2-4-5-3

Your really do appreciate season 2 more the second time around. 

On 12/4/2023 at 6:14 PM, MacReady said:

Tales from the Crypt was so, so, so, so good.

I would kill for a reboot.

Probably my favorite horror anthology ever. I watched the first 4 seasons with Netflix when Netflix used to mail DVDs years and years ago, but I never got past the 4th season because they were always out past 4. It only got better after that.

Twice as good as Tales from the Darkside.

Are they on Max?