Trade Deadline

Aztec Hammer

4 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

What a serious missed opportunity...John Lynch is killin it in San Fran

Here's the harsh reality no one has yet to discuss as no one has really looked deep into this draft crop yet..... This is not a talent rich draft. the ty

Last year you could go 20 players deep in the first round for premium talent...therefore, great talent slid into the 2nd and even the 3rd.

I've looked at 74 or so prospects and the premium talent ends at 5 in the first round. 2nd round players won't be on par with this year's 2nd round players...

This is exactly the type of trade you make....you play Jimmy G and can let Kizer sit for 3 years.

-----------------------

I better wake up tomorrow and we have Jarvis Landry, Terrelle Pryor, and TY Hilton on our team and we had better have only given up 4th round picks or less for all of them.

If we're being honest, this front office won't be making all of our picks this year, they'll likely flip some to 2019 where we haven't built a war chest just yet.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Let's not get crazy with Garoppolo, he's essentially a complete unknown in need of an enormous contract in 2 months.

I'd rather have Rosen, Darnold or even Jackson if ownership is willing to be patient. 

The debate isn't would you rather have (insert potential drafted QB here) and Garropolo...it's would you rather have a player at the top of the 2nd round or Jimmy.

I'd rather have Jimmy 1000 percent and let Kizer who we've already spend draft capital on develop in the wings

Darnold over Jimmy...absolutely...not even close

Rosen or Jackson...HELLLLL NO...They're a tier below where Darnold is and its become more clear watching them play this year.

Those huge contracts are 2 year deals at best especially for an unproven guy like Jimmy...who cares..it's just billionaires money and we'd still have tons of space left and the great thing would be we would have the draft capital to use at other positions

Jimmy G and Saquon Barkley is a ton better than Rosen and whoever the hell else we get in this draft in...

If Darnold comes out...all is well...and I'll be celebrating...

If he doesn't, using a pick on Josh Rosen will be a ridiculous msitake as I think Deshone is still the better prospect than him.

If Darnold doesn't come out...take Saquon Barkley 1st overall...he's the supreme talent in the draft besides Darnold.

Not Rosen or Jackson even.

Watch Josh Rosen's draftbreakdown vids this year and Jackson's...I'm taking Jackson over Rosen at this point.

I'm  perplexed that we were not in on this deal.  I guess nothing is good enough for Sashi an Co.  Wentz...Watson....Garrapolo....the list goes on.  They will find fault with everyone at the top of next year's draft too.  When can we have people running the show that can recognize talent????  So disheartening. 

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If we're being honest, this front office won't be making all of our picks this year, they'll likely flip some to 2019 where we haven't built a war chest just yet.

And use some others to trade up.

Days of 14 picks are gone.

1 minute ago, big poppa pump said:

I'm  perplexed that we were not in on this deal.  I guess nothing is good enough for Sashi an Co.  Wentz...Watson....Garrapolo....the list goes on.  They will find fault with everyone at the top of next year's draft too.  When can we have people running the show that can recognize talent????  So disheartening. 

So are we gonna wait for Garoppolo to actually do something in SF or are we just anointing him after his 90 something passes NE?

5 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

The debate isn't would you rather have (insert potential drafted QB here) and Garropolo...it's would you rather have a player at the top of the 2nd round or Jimmy.

I'd rather have Jimmy 1000 percent and let Kizer who we've already spend draft capital on develop in the wings

Darnold over Jimmy...absolutely...not even close

Rosen or Jackson...HELLLLL NO...They're a tier below where Darnold is and its become more clear watching them play this year.

Those huge contracts are 2 year deals at best especially for an unproven guy like Jimmy...who cares..it's just billionaires money and we'd still have tons of space left and the great thing would be we would have the draft capital to use at other positions

Jimmy G and Saquon Barkley is a ton better than Rosen and whoever the hell else we get in this draft in...

If Darnold comes out...all is well...and I'll be celebrating...

If he doesn't, using a pick on Josh Rosen will be a ridiculous msitake as I think Deshone is still the better prospect than him.

If Darnold doesn't come out...take Saquon Barkley 1st overall...he's the supreme talent in the draft besides Darnold.

Not Rosen or Jackson even.

Watch Josh Rosen's draftbreakdown vids this year and Jackson's...I'm taking Jackson over Rosen at this point.

That's fair.

I'm guessing Darnold comes out though. Most guys guaranteed to go top 3 usually do.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So are we gonna wait for Garoppolo to actually do something in SF or are we just anointing him after his 90 something passes NE?

I liked him coming out of college, and believe that he will do well.  I would say that even taking a so called "flier" on him would be worth it.  They have the draft capitol.  You keep trying until you get it right. 

I liked him coming out of college, and believe that he will do well.  I would say that even taking a so called "flier" on him would be worth it.  They have the draft capitol.  You keep trying until you get it right. 

A first rounder is a flier now?

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

A first rounder is a flier now?

What was Kizer????  a second rounder????  Wasn't that a flier.  I am still not sure that I believe it would have taken a first to get him.  It's not like the Pats were trading within the division.  We would pay a premium, just for being in the AFC.?...please

And the talk last year was multiple firsts

I think a second and third or fourth would have gotten it done.

Although...tbf... he would still have expansion bad receivers to throw to...sooooo...may not matter anyways

What was Kizer????  a second rounder????  Wasn't that a flier.  I am still not sure that I believe it would have taken a first to get him.  It's not like the Pats were trading within the division.  We would pay a premium, just for being in the AFC.?...please

Although...tbf... he would still have expansion bad receivers to throw to...sooooo...may not matter anyways

draft picks depreciate exponentially as the pick number increases into the future rounds.  a late second certainly could be considered a flier on a QB.  no first rounder should ever be a flier.

Kizer is cost controlled, Garoppolo isn't in 2 months.

If you don't believe the reports of a premium for AFC teams, that's fine, but calling it "fake news" because it doesn't fit your narrative doesn't make it so.

What you think would or wouldn't have got the deal done is pretty irrelevant. (Not trying to be a jerk, just sayin).

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

draft picks depreciate exponentially as the pick number increases into the future rounds.  a late second certainly could be considered a flier on a QB.  no first rounder should ever be a flier.

I saw what you posted in regards to the asking price being a first from the Browns....I don't necessarily believe that to be true.  If we offered more than our second...but not a first...it is still more than what the Niners gave up.  Maybe he said no way to an extension???  That would make more sense to not give up picks for him

Archived