Trade Deadline

Aztec Hammer

15 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

It doesn't matter because there is zero change he is coming to Cleveland. I mean after all he is a lock to go to San Francisco. Justin saying ;)

*Tapping my hands & putting gloves and head gear on*

**Waiting for Letsgo to step into the ring**

I don't fight senile old men, calm down or we'll call your granddaughter and have her disconnect the dial up again. ;)

I'm sure the coaching staff has been banging the table. The only ones remaining cool out of us fans and coaches is the front office. Stick with the plan, draft the bonafide QB or RB in Barkley that can carry the offense. Thinking long term instead of investing in Kirk, Jimmy, or QB's in last two draft with ? marks. 

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Pryor is a thug? What?

He may not be a thug in the sense you are thinking. He may not(or he may be I don't know that for sure) a gang banger type guy, but I do know a lot more about Pryor than any other NFL prospect. He played High School Footballl about 30 minutes from me. I actually officiated 2 of his games in high school. Coaches and Officials talk a lot and I heard a lot as well as seen a lot. Then he ended up playing for my favorite College Team in which I saw him get suspended and ultimately got Jim Tressell fired. I know it wasn't just him but he was a big part of it. And then after all that he ends up playing for my favorite NFL team and I see more of the same selfish and childish antics and words. 

So, no, he may not be a thug in the thought of a street banger but the guy is not a good person at all. I suppose there are a lot more bad people playing in the NFL but again I don't have time or care to research all of them because I am not a GM. 

Even moreso than Pryor not being a good guy he is a very bad WR as well. He should be a #3/#4 situational player.

1 minute ago, Dogbite said:

He may not be a thug in the sense you are thinking. He may not(or he may be I don't know that for sure) a gang banger type guy, but I do know a lot more about Pryor than any other NFL prospect. He played High School Footballl about 30 minutes from me. I actually officiated 2 of his games in high school. Coaches and Officials talk a lot and I heard a lot as well as seen a lot. Then he ended up playing for my favorite College Team in which I saw him get suspended and ultimately got Jim Tressell fired. I know it wasn't just him but he was a big part of it. And then after all that he ends up playing for my favorite NFL team and I see more of the same selfish and childish antics and words. 

So, no, he may not be a thug in the thought of a street banger but the guy is not a good person at all. I suppose there are a lot more bad people playing in the NFL but again I don't have time or care to research all of them because I am not a GM. 

Even moreso than Pryor not being a good guy he is a very bad WR as well. He should be a #3/#4 situational player.

So your issues are when he was a kid? Come on man. People grow up. 

Anyway he has talent to be a #1. We seen it last year. He just needs the right guy coaching him. Which he had last year. 

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don't fight senile old men, calm down or we'll call your granddaughter and have her disconnect the dial up again. ;)

Actually it is even worst than dial up. I have satellite internet. I remember dial-up and it was slow but at least it didn't go out every time the wind blew too hard or my wife go the walking farts. So if you really want me off then all you would have to do is bring a box fan and set it up in my front yard.

6 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Anyway he has talent to be a #1. We seen it last year. He just needs the right guy coaching him. Which he had last year. 

People grow up you are right but some people don''t and some people get even worse because those immature kids being kids antics turn into more serious and hurtful antics or even down right bad. 

It was more of the same in College and with the Browns. I mean you don't hear when he talks to reporters and throws teammates under the bus and everything else? He is still the same immature punk.

Again I don't care what you or anyone else thinks of his personality or maturity because he is not a good WR. I would much rather trade for someone else or wait until draft day to take another shot at WR.

10 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yeah I'd hate for people to think I'm the same person I was at 17-18.

Kids are idiots, he may very well be a totally different person.

1 minute ago, Dogbite said:

People grow up you are right but some people don''t and some people get even worse because those immature kids being kids antics turn into more serious and hurtful antics or even down right bad. 

It was more of the same in College and with the Browns. I mean you don't hear when he talks to reporters and throws teammates under the bus and everything else? He is still the same immature punk.

Again I don't care what you or anyone else thinks of his personality or maturity because he is not a good WR. I would much rather trade for someone else or wait until draft day to take another shot at WR.

Yeah I'd much rather have TY, but this front office is in full tank mode right now so that prolly won't happen.

I'd love to be surprised though.

lol it was his fault that Tressel got fired? 

"

"Tattoogate"[edit]

On December 22, 2010, the NCAA announced that five players would be suspended for the first five games of the 2011 season due to receiving improper benefits. Mike Adams, Dan Herron, DeVier Posey, Solomon Thomas, and quarterback Terrelle Pryor were found to have signed autographs in return for tattoos, as well as selling memorabilia given to them by the university. In addition, Jordan Whiting was suspended for the season opener for his involvement. The scandal originated at Fine Line Tattoos and Piercings in Columbus whose owner, Edward Rife, was being investigated for felony drug trafficking. On January 4, 2011, with all the players allowed to participate by the NCAA, the Buckeyes defeated the Arkansas Razorbacks in the Sugar Bowl by a margin of 31–26.[36] The win along with every other one from the 2010 season would later be vacated due to the scandal. The Buckeyes finished the season 0–1, with their only official game being a loss to Wisconsin.

On March 8, 2011, OSU suspended head coach Jim Tressel for the first 2 games of the 2011 season and fined him $250,000 for not informing the university and the NCAA that he had knowledge of his players receiving improper benefits. Coach Tressel's suspension would later be increased to 5 games by the university. On May 30, 2011 Jim Tressel resigned as head coach of the Buckeyes.[37]

On June 6, 2011, a story in Sports Illustrated reported that at least 28 players, including Rob Rose, T. J. Downing, Louis Irizarry, Chris Vance, C. J. Barnett, Dorien Bell, Jamaal Berry, Bo DeLande, Zach Domicone, Storm Klein, Etienne Sabino, John Simon, Nathan Williams, Jermale Hines, Devon Torrence, Donald Washington, Thaddeus Gibson, Jermil Martin, Lamaar Thomas, and Doug Worthington traded team memorabilia or used equipment for tattoos or other merchandise or services between 2002 and 2010. The report alleged that Tressel had violated NCAA bylaw 10.1 – unethical conduct, three times by not acting when told of the tattoo improprieties, by signing a statement saying he knew of no violations, and for withholding information on what was going on from university officials.[38]"

It was a lot more than just TP involved. Educate yourself. 

What amuses me about the Jimmy G trade is that during draft season and the offseason there were stories of the Pats wanting 2 first round picks for him or the #1 overall.  Once the draft and offseason passed with no number 1 picks raining down on them, the Pats blinked and saw themselves at the trade deadline.  I honestly wonder, if SF would have held out offering a 3rd, would the Pats have taken the offer knowing that they would either have to franchise a backup QB or let him walk in free agency with no compensation.  The Pats are a great franchise but I think too many people give them way too much credit for being a phenomenal wheeling and dealing team.  Did they get a potential high 2nd round pick, yes they did, but they spent a 2nd on Jimmy G in 2014 when they could have had Jarvis Landry who went with the very next pick in that same draft.  In my opinion, the Pats totally overvalued Jimmy G and even though there are columnists stating that the Pats look like geniuses because of this trade, I honestly feel that they look silly for the whole Jimmy G hype train.

Peace!!!

18 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

Terrelle Pryor "Gangbanger type".....may or may not be a "thug"

This is literally one of the worst things I've ever read on this board.

He is the furthest thing from that. I also know people that grew up near Terrelle. He had a really rough and tough family situation definitely and just b/c you live and/or have been associated in poor areas doesn't mean he's a gangbanger type.

The only thing that makes him a "gangbanger type" are stereotypes and rumor/innuendo from townspeople that really have no idea of his actual family life.

Was he immature? Unbeiievably.  A d*** and a**hole Absolutely...who wouldn't be when they are worshipped and asked to sign their name on stuff by crusty 40+ year old men and their children from age 15 on up.

That's typically what happens to people like that...They think they're better than most b/c that's exactly what society and those around them tell them every second of every day.

Tattoogate was one of the most ridiculous "scandals" ever.

Athletes a part of a billion dollar college business sold things with their names on them called Jerseys, signed their own name to inanimate objects for cash, traded their notoriety for tattoos, and received a minimal amount of cash totaling in the low thousand dollars.

They were made out to be mastermind, thug (and other racial epithets), criminals everyday by sports media, fans, and radio all the while a select few of elites had their maids/servants shine their aston martins and private yachts with piles of money made from teenagers' CTE entertainment.

Tressel did nothing wrong...Tressel should've never been fired...the whole thing was a freaking joke.

The only thing that's more of a joke is the persistent belief that Terrelle Pryor "may or may not be" a gangbanger thug type....

Archived