Trade Deadline

Aztec Hammer

Just now, bruceb said:

That apparently was his highest market value.

Kinda like BB flipping Collins, another player  they didn't want to pay/couldn't afford, to us.

Rest assured, BB did not trade away the next TB.

I'm just baffled, this past off season it sounded like the Browns were gonna have to be trading multiple picks to get him. Like, a king's ransom

2 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

True, but safe to say that Seahawks and 49er's 2nd rounders will be polar opposites.  :) 

Well... Brown didnt want to be in Hou so it feels like more than I expected we would get for him.

25 minutes ago, mistakey said:

100 million percent using the 1st overall pick on a quarterback

1. what was the last time a New England backup quarterback succeeded outside of NE

Counter-argument is when was the last time a first round QB in Cleveland has succeeded? 0/4 since the 99 inception? I’ll take my chances in a Brady backup that was a 2nd rounder to go along with having the #1 overall. 

I’m one of the few Jimmy G fans here, so I’m going to go dark for the night and choose my words carefully so as not to let my fandom go crazy.

They had better nail this QB pick with their top 3 overall pick or the whole lot of them deserve to go after passing on Wentz and Watson, especially if Jimmy is legit.

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Gotta wonder what he gives them this year?  Enough to keep them away from the #1 I'm sure is the goal...

I just hope we eventually get our guy.

WHY on earth did we not make this trade?

IM afraid Im going to get banned tonight...I'm so freaking pissed

The Jimmy G trade is so good for us. Means one less team looking for a QB in the draft. Cousins likely stays in Washington. 

The Browns, Jets, and a slight maybe to the Bills and the Giants are really the only four teams that will take a QB early in the draft next year. 

All we need is for San Fran to pick up 2 or 3 wins so that they can't trade back from 1 and get a haul. 

What a serious missed opportunity...John Lynch is killin it in San Fran

Here's the harsh reality no one has yet to discuss as no one has really looked deep into this draft crop yet..... This is not a talent rich draft. the ty

Last year you could go 20 players deep in the first round for premium talent...therefore, great talent slid into the 2nd and even the 3rd.

I've looked at 74 or so prospects and the premium talent ends at 5 in the first round. 2nd round players won't be on par with this year's 2nd round players...

This is exactly the type of trade you make....you play Jimmy G and can let Kizer sit for 3 years.

-----------------------

I better wake up tomorrow and we have Jarvis Landry, Terrelle Pryor, and TY Hilton on our team and we had better have only given up 4th round picks or less for all of them.

A #1 pick in the draft is no less of an unknown then Jimmy, who was a 2nd round investment. Also throw in keeping the 1st pick. The Niners probably end up with Barkley at RB to go with Jimmy G. Glad Kizer is worth a 2nd round pick but Garoppolo isn’t. This is unreal. 

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

A #1 pick in the draft is no less of an unknown then Jimmy, who was a 2nd round investment. Also throw in keeping the 1st pick. The Niners probably end up with Barkley at RB to go with Jimmy G. Glad Kizer is worth a 2nd round pick but Garoppolo isn’t. This is unreal. 

The contract status is factored in as well.

If we had 3 more season of cost controlled salary with Garoppolo the price would've been much higher.

Archived