Is this the worst Browns regime?

everlong

4 hours ago, DudeWhat??? said:

i dont see how anyone can make a judgement on kizer right now....given the circumstances. Seriously.....your best WR just might end up being Sammie Coates...and thats saying a lot.. As steelers i love me some coates....but honestly...i forgot he was even gone. All I know is that he performed well in the preseason and was tough as nails in his debut against the steelers..he takes too many sacks because he is forcing things and trying to make things happen...like a rookie. if they take another qb anywhere near the first three rounds its laughable....and sad at the same time.

A coaching staff can make a judgement call on a QB in one practice, they do not need to even see him in a game to know whether he has it or not. Only foolish fans think that it takes watching players in games to decide their future.

Kizer is a complete dud, he will never be a franchise QB and Cleveland would be idiots to pass on another franchise QB in the 2018 draft.

1 hour ago, Iamcanadian said:

A coaching staff can make a judgement call on a QB in one practice, they do not need to even see him in a game to know whether he has it or not. Only foolish fans think that it takes watching players in games to decide their future.

Kizer is a complete dud, he will never be a franchise QB and Cleveland would be idiots to pass on another franchise QB in the 2018 draft.

I heard a story Delhomme wasn't a very good practice player, but played decent in games. Until he fell off in 2009. Weird.

3 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

So, it does not bother you that Hue will likely have a 1-31 record, a record that no successful NFL HC has ever come close to reaching. Your giving him a bye on his record????

Who in their right mind would take a job as either HC or in the FO for a Haslam owned team. You would have to be a completely desperate former HC who has no other shot at ever coaching in the NFL again , ditto for FO personnel.

If Peyton actually took the job and brought Harbaugh along with him, the guaranteed money, they would be paid would mean, we would be stuck with them a minimum of 5 years, even if Manning turned out to be the worst GM in NFL history. That pretty well sums up the place Haslam has brought this franchise.

So if no one worth a hoot wants the job, why fire the coach?

Haslam has been awful, no doubt, but rarely have I seen someone beat the same 2-3 dead horses that you do. 

You need some new material.

6 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

yes and they saw him in practice and decided he should start...so there goes that theory. The cleveland front office has been an idiotic laughing stock for almost two decades....they didnt pass on couch anderson and manizel or quin...look what it got them....they are worse now than even...in fact in the last came against detroit the only bright spot they  was Kizer....they are about to go 0-16...qb is the least of their worries..they have far too many holes.

2 hours ago, DudeWhat??? said:

yes and they saw him in practice and decided he should start...so there goes that theory. The cleveland front office has been an idiotic laughing stock for almost two decades....they didnt pass on couch anderson and manizel or quin...look what it got them....they are worse now than even...in fact in the last came against detroit the only bright spot they  was Kizer....they are about to go 0-16...qb is the least of their worries..they have far too many holes.

Wow, really insightful post. Couch was drafted to an expansion team - he was bound to fail. They didn't draft Anderson either. What past regimes did has nothing to do with the current regime in place. What other holes do they have? QB and WR are easily the biggest. Their pass defense needs worked on to, but it actually hasn't been as bad as most of us were expecting it to be. The main thing that has hurt this team this season have been self-inflicted wounds like turnovers and penalties. They simply aren't good enough or experienced enough to overcome things like turning the ball over so often or committing dumb penalties. Even though games like yesterday have been par for the course this season - a bunch of BS penalties called against them or other teams getting away with blatant penalties. Still, good teams overcome those obstacles and we're simply not there yet.

19 hours ago, jrry32 said:

As I said, the only things that lead me to fire Hue are:

1. Hue trying to make a power grab and undermining the front office; or

2. A proven NFL HC being willing to take the job (Harbaugh is that).

No one in the organization should be confident in Jackson's ability to develop a young QB after how he's "developed" Kizer and Kessler. The FO has made some fireable misevaluations at QB in the 1st, but winless after nine is still on Hue. His misevlauating and poor game planning from the jump has been akin to throwing in the towel.

A solid coach would not misevaluate Kizer in camp as a guy he can rely on to win games this year. Even if circumstances dictated he start, a solid coach would know not to throw the ball 40-50 times a game with him. He's effectively ruined two marginally talented QB prospects in back to back years.

4 hours ago, DawgX said:

Wow, really insightful post. Couch was drafted to an expansion team - he was bound to fail. They didn't draft Anderson either. What past regimes did has nothing to do with the current regime in place. What other holes do they have? QB and WR are easily the biggest. Their pass defense needs worked on to, but it actually hasn't been as bad as most of us were expecting it to be. The main thing that has hurt this team this season have been self-inflicted wounds like turnovers and penalties. They simply aren't good enough or experienced enough to overcome things like turning the ball over so often or committing dumb penalties. Even though games like yesterday have been par for the course this season - a bunch of BS penalties called against them or other teams getting away with blatant penalties. Still, good teams overcome those obstacles and we're simply not there yet.

I meant weeden not Anderson ... .... there has been a long line of disasters at the QB position in Cleveland so I’m sure you understand me getting a few names mixed up. And yes you can look at past regimes if they are following a similar pattern of hire and fire and picking overhyped qbs too high or giving up on them quickly. You said WR is a hole as is you need one... you desperately need two... you need a safety and a CB .... you need all these 4 positions filled way more than QB ... and you guys have the picks to do it... my post was in response to someone saying the browns are idiots if they don’t pick a qb in first.. I state the reverse is true... and it clearly is.. RB is also a need and o linemen as joe Thomas won’t last forever.. but in terms of qb there are for important positions that are in much more dire need... Kizer is playing like a young  QB.... using his arm ... forcing things and holding the ball too long ... forcing throws causing turnovers... trying to carry the team. When he is not playing like a young qb he is putting tds on the board running and passing ... thus I said it’s completely insane to already give up on him now given the situation your team is in. 

10 hours ago, DudeWhat??? said:

Dude, what?

3 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

No one in the organization should be confident in Jackson's ability to develop a young QB after how he's "developed" Kizer and Kessler. The FO has made some fireable misevaluations at QB in the 1st, but winless after nine is still on Hue. His misevlauating and poor game planning from the jump has been akin to throwing in the towel.

A solid coach would not misevaluate Kizer in camp as a guy he can rely on to win games this year. Even if circumstances dictated he start, a solid coach would know not to throw the ball 40-50 times a game with him. He's effectively ruined two marginally talented QB prospects in back to back years.

Cody Kessler is the same player he's always been. And you might as well see what Kizer is made of because if he's not the guy, you're taking a QB in 2018. 

13 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So if no one worth a hoot wants the job, why fire the coach?

Haslam has been awful, no doubt, but rarely have I seen someone beat the same 2-3 dead horses that you do. 

You need some new material.

Seems to me, your the one beating the dead horse for Hue and the FO. You are their biggest supporter and cannot see anything that they have done wrong??? You are the eternal optimist, believing the light is just around the corner and if we just stick with your guys, everything will turn out rosey.

10 hours ago, DudeWhat??? said:

Wrong, the FO probably ordered Hue to tank the season, so they might be able to draft a franchise QB, they saw Kizer in practice and knew he was the correct QB to get the job done, just another wasted 2nd round pick.:ph34r:

If a franchise QB is the least of their worries, you simply do not understand the NFL, because last I looked, teams without a franchise QB are basically going absolutely nowhere. 

Couch was actually on his way to being a decent QB, but got seriously injured and was never the same player afterwards.

3 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

True, it is very, very difficult to go 0-??? , but if the goal was to deliberately tank the season, in order to finally draft a franchise QB, then Hue did what was needed to be done. Of course, the organization can never admit that was their plan all along, or we would be forfeiting picks, so we will never know, but it sure has the smell of a possible fix to secure the #1 overall pick!!!

see to me kizer was never the all-in QBOTF

i saw it as a "we're in the second round and one of the big four fell this far, we have already drafted three players in the FIRST ROUND so we can just take a punt on the rook",  which really doesn't seem like a smart move in isolation but the worst case scenario is sucking for another year and getting another really high pick - and given they'd already made three picks and have plenty next year it fits in with the longterm bizzo they've got going

i like the front office and what they're doing i really do

and if the front office and hue are at odds i'd shed hue bc i feel you're more likely to receive success sticking with a front office's long term plan over that of just the coach, especially in the cleveland situation (unless you've got a belichick who's also the front office)

2 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

Seems to me, your the one beating the dead horse for Hue and the FO. You are their biggest supporter and cannot see anything that they have done wrong??? You are the eternal optimist, believing the light is just around the corner and if we just stick with your guys, everything will turn out rosey.

Eh, ____ ___ budday!

He's actually not a big-time optimist in the Browns forum. Nobody's defending how bad the Browns are; they are defending against your poor reasons as to why that is.

And that's awfully harsh criticism to throw at Kizer. He'll NEVER be a franchise QB and is a complete dud? Lol what do you know? He's the youngest QB in the NFL and is playing with the worst supporting cast in the league. And he's not even playing THAT bad. He has been bad, but anyone that expected him to actually be a good QB as a rookie on this team is out of their minds. I'm leaning towards drafting a QB in 2018 with the #1 pick (assuming we'll get it), but I'm not killing Kizer's career right now.

2 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

Wrong, the FO probably ordered Hue to tank the season, so they might be able to draft a franchise QB, they saw Kizer in practice and knew he was the correct QB to get the job done, just another wasted 2nd round pick.:ph34r:

If a franchise QB is the least of their worries, you simply do not understand the NFL, because last I looked, teams without a franchise QB are basically going absolutely nowhere. 

Couch was actually on his way to being a decent QB, but got seriously injured and was never the same player afterwards.

This is merely speculation . ..especially since you could have tanked with kessler ....it doesnt change the fact they saw him in practice and everyone saw him in preseason...and you simply do not understand football if you use decent in the same sentence as couch he was horrible and a bad pick..he played in a dink and dunk system in college and got exposed... he was inconsistent and medicore. 

Archived