Is this the worst Browns regime?

everlong

13 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Kiser was at least making plays in the preseason and earlier in the year.

Most of us can live with turnovers if he's also putting the ball in the endzone, but that kinda stopped.

I'm not defending the decisions, but I think bad coaching decisions are easy to make when you're trying to turn chicken poop into chicken salad on a weekly basis.

I hate chicken poop salads. Each week Hue is like do you want some chicken salad, and I am like hell yeah I do. each week it is chicken poop salad. I am an idiot. 

At lest this week we have the sweet mercies of the bye week. 

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

I hate chicken poop salads. Each week Hue is like do you want some chicken salad, and I am like hell yeah I do. each week it is chicken poop salad. I am an idiot. 

At lest this week we have the sweet mercies of the bye week. 

You must really like chicken salads.  I don't even remember myself saying "hell yeah" to a chicken salad.

Just now, daineraider said:

You must really like chicken salads.  I don't even remember myself saying "hell yeah" to a chicken salad.

I was meaning the metaphor. Hue doesn't give each Browns fan a chicken salad on Thursdays. though he damn well should. 

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

What suits your fancy. Taco salad? ambrosia? the white people kind not the asian kind. 

I'd prefer to skip the salad and go for a Steak, Burger, some BBQ etc, but I'll move on from the food and talk Browns.

I would have liked to the see Browns offer a 2nd+4th or 5th for Jimmy.  Surprised that they stood still with him being available.  If Jimmy looks great for the 9ers going forward that's 4 good QBs (Wentz, Watson, Mahomes(I admit we haven't seen enough yet), Jimmy) the Browns had a shot with and passed on.   I guess they could outbid everyone for Cousins if it comes to that, but I would like to see them get that position nailed down.  

Just now, daineraider said:

I'd prefer to skip the salad and go for a Steak, Burger, some BBQ etc, but I'll move on from the food and talk Browns.

I would have liked to the see Browns offer a 2nd+4th or 5th for Jimmy.  Surprised that they stood still with him being available.  If Jimmy looks great for the 9ers going forward that's 4 good QBs (Wentz, Watson, Mahomes(I admit we haven't seen enough yet), Jimmy) the Browns had a shot with and passed on.   I guess they could outbid everyone for Cousins if it comes to that, but I would like to see them get that position nailed down.  

bro, Deshone Kizer will be king. Just needs to learn to read defenses and throw the ball accurately. 

8 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

They have the youngest team in the NFL. Thats the result of cleaning house and getting rid of the mediocre veterans looking for their last payday and replacing them with 21 year old 2nd round draft picks. Cant have it both ways

huh? that was kind of a left turn and makes little sense, care to explain?

I think when they came back into the league was the worst. From 1999 to 2002 Cleveland drafted zero Pro Bowlers. Zero. 

And the Tim Couch situation was maybe the worst you can do to a youngster taken high in the draft. Right up there with Steve Young in Tampa, Alex Smith in San Francisco, and David Carr in Houston.

Browns did make the playoffs in 2002, but I still think that era of Browns football was the worst.

9 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I think when they came back into the league was the worst. From 1999 to 2002 Cleveland drafted zero Pro Bowlers. Zero. 

From the draft standpoint, it's not far off. However, there was new excitement and optimism in Cleveland that we had a football team. There was a fun energy in those years that is now completely lacking.

And the Tim Couch situation was maybe the worst you can do to a youngster taken high in the draft. Right up there with Steve Young in Tampa, Alex Smith in San Francisco, and David Carr in Houston.

You won't get an argument from anyone there. It was horrible for everyone.

Browns did make the playoffs in 2002, but I still think that era of Browns football was the worst.

And went 7-9 in 2001. Right now fans would kill for 2001/2002 type of success. We're stuck in 1999 and 2000 for THREE STRAIGHT YEARS now.

Archived