2022 Coaching Candidates

BroncoBruin

2 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Certainly did not mean to “reduce” Quinn to ‘retread Fangio’ type, was just talking about the uniqueness of his background compared to the other finalists. He’s the only guy with previous HC experience, and the only guy coming from the defensive side of the ball. That’s all. 

I like Quinn, but it makes me wonder if the team will try to get an offensive guy just to get the production up on that side of the ball. (Hackett would make me think that + Rodgers)

Like someone else  said, it seems easier to keep a good DC around than an OC too

7 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I want the 411...she probably as a boney a$$, so there is a bit of pain involved. 

She actually doesn’t, if you can catch a segment where she’s standing up you can see she’s actually got some nice curves. My wife has actually made the comment before she seems to try to hide her booty in various ways with how she dresses. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

1 minute ago, paul-mac said:

Happy with Hackett or Quinn, but I’d be interested to see who Hackett wants as DC 

Agreed. If it’s Quinn all signs have always pointed to a Shanahan/McVay tree OC, which I approve of. With Hackett (and O’Connell) the key will be who they hire as DC. If one of the offensive candidates are hired, there is a chance we retain Donnatell as DC since he would a) keep the current scheme and b) has ties to the (Mike) Shanahan tree, as do both HC candidates, so there’d be overall system familiarity there. 

4 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I don't know how Klis assumes first guy to interview is leading candidate quinn is interviewing with the Giants today. 

It’s Klis. He also posts things like this: 

I don’t know what it is with the guy but he’s been a life-long fanboy of weak-armed, limited, game-manger QBs and Belichick tree coaches. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

6 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Agreed. If it’s Quinn all signs have always pointed to a Shanahan/McVay tree OC, which I approve of. With Hackett (and O’Connell) the key will be who they hire as DC. If one of the offensive candidates are hired, there is a chance we retain Donnatell as DC since he would a) keep the current scheme and b) has ties to the (Mike) Shanahan tree, as do both HC candidates, so there’d be overall system familiarity there. 

I was thinking the other day that I don't hate the idea of just running it back with Donatell as DC and keeping the Fangio scheme. We've got the players that fit the scheme and I think the staff will have been around Fangio for long enough to implement his scheme even though the man himself isn't around anymore.

2 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

I was thinking the other day that I don't hate the idea of just running it back with Donatell as DC and keeping the Fangio scheme. We've got the players that fit the scheme and I think the staff will have been around Fangio for long enough to implement his scheme even though the man himself isn't around anymore.

I don’t mind keeping Donnatell and the scheme, especially if we get Aaron/Russ, we can just hit the ground running from day 1. But I also won’t flip out if we go another way. Our defense this year was good, not great, and it was the most expensive in football. We need to create more turnovers.