2022 Coaching Candidates

BroncoBruin

2 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Yes. It’s being widely reported that Paton’s final three is Quinn, Hackett and O’Connell. The other seven were informed they weren’t being considered anymore. Quinn and Hackett will be coming in for second interviews this week. 

Huh, I hadn't seen that.

I’m like 70% sure it’s Quinn, 25% Hackett. O’Connell for me is a strange choice of finalist given his inexperience and the fact the Rams are still in the playoffs. I only put his odds at 5%. 

I think O’Connell is maybe being kept there as a backup in case both Quinn and Hackett accept jobs elsewhere. I also think there’s a chance we make a play to get O’Connell to come to Denver as Quinn’s OC by offering play calling and the AHC tag.

However, there’s a lot of rumours going around tonight that Quinn’s coordinators are going to be Darrell Bevell and Al Harris. That’s a hard pass from me and I’d actually rather Hackett gets the job if that’s the case. 

Edited by paul-mac
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

However, there’s a lot of rumours going around tonight that Quinn’s coordinators are going to be Darrell Bevell and Al Harris. That’s a hard pass from me and I’d actually rather Hackett gets the job if that’s the case. 

Gross....

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

I’m like 70% sure it’s Quinn, 25% Hackett. O’Connell for me is a strange choice of finalist given his inexperience and the fact the Rams are still in the playoffs. I only put his odds at 5%. 

I think O’Connell is maybe being kept there as a backup in case both Quinn and Hackett accept jobs elsewhere. I also think there’s a chance we make a play to get O’Connell to come to Denver as Quinn’s OC by offering play calling and the AHC tag.

34 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

Gross....

I’d take back everything I said about a Quinn hire being a good fit if he took Bevell as OC on.   He’s literally barely above the Gase / Nagy all-time radioactive do-not-go-anywhere-near OC.   

Quinn / Kubiak, Quinn / McDaniel, etc - I’m down with that.   Bevell?  Ugh.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

However, there’s a lot of rumours going around tonight that Quinn’s coordinators are going to be Darrell Bevell and Al Harris. That’s a hard pass from me and I’d actually rather Hackett gets the job if that’s the case

I’d be devastated 

• Like 2

As a fan hard to have an opinion outside of Quinn as he’s the only one with experience.  Quinn would be a good hire, if someone else unseats him I’ll give them a shot.  Quinn has been the pick from day 1, if he loses the job there must have been a candidate that performed well enough in the interview process Paton couldn’t pass him up. 

13 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Sounds like Hackett only left Dove Valley in the last hour. 8+ hours with Paton and the gang. 

Allbright doesn’t seem to think it matters.  Said most of the initial interviews went long.  

Also, doesn’t really seem to have an explanation as to why Gannon wasn’t a finalist.  Said Gannon’s blown everyone away in the interview process. 

Edited by germ-x

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

Allbright doesn’t seem to think it matters.  Said most of the initial interviews went long.  

Also, doesn’t really seem to have an explanation as to why Gannon wasn’t a finalist.  Said Gannon’s blown everyone away in the interview process. 

Kyle Shanahan blew everyone away in his interview here too, and you saw how bad we screwed that one up. That's what we do best. I would have been fine with Gannon or Hackett. Instead, my gut tells me that we're going to go with Quinn, a man who's track record as a D-Coord far exceeds his success as a HC. Maybe he's learned from his Falcons tenure, but to me he seems like another Wade Phillips. Players love him, can coach a hell of a defense, but just doesn't have it as a head coach. I have a feeling we're about to find out.