Week 8: Packers @ Cardinals on Thursday Night Football - Packers Win 24-21! Move to 7-1!

FAH1223

27 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Depending on who you talk to here, we are either going to win or get small pox, or covid, or all three. 

Well, If Covid has a 5% chance to kill you, and Small Pox has a 30% chance to kill you, getting both Covid and Small Pox has a 150% chance of killing you (5x30).  Which is also how many points the Packers are going to score tonight, five 30 point touchdowns, and win this game 150-128.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Well, If Covid has a 5% chance to kill you, and Small Pox has a 30% chance to kill you, getting both Covid and Small Pox has a 150% chance of killing you (5x30).  Which is also how many points the Packers are going to score tonight, five 30 point touchdowns, and win this game 150-128.

Your math is all screwed up. Covid has a 0.5% chance to kill you and Small Pox a 30% chance, get both would actually lower the chances of death to 15%. Making the Packers points scored tonight at five 3 point TD's and winning the game 15 to 12 and 4/5ths.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

I"m a vaxx person, but what are you implying, unvaxxed people die? Because they, especially young or healthy ones, really don't die at a significant rate.

With a shot one can take from a "not significant" rate to an absolute sliver of a chance. Also the best comparison I saw was to polio - with COVD the fatality rate was "only" around 1/100 (pick 100 people you know, which 1 would you be fine doing without?)  but there was also the risk of long-term effects, which the vaccine also helps prevent. 

Edited by Mr Bad Example
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

1. Ok.

2.  No.

You’re from Missouri, right? Yeah using this sort of logic checks out for that state. Extremely ignorant types there.

Anyways, game day. Even after writing this game off with the injuries and now Covid, **** it lets pull off the win somehow.

I'm irrationally optimistic about this one. Last time that happened was against the Niners, so here goes. Barry has a history of preparing for Murray, I think we get a really solid disciplined effort from the DL tonight. Murray gets his, but is less efficient from the pocket. Rodgers plays really well, we win by 3 34 31. I'm starting EQ in fantasy just for solidarity.

2 minutes ago, oldmansmell said:

I'm irrationally optimistic about this one. Last time that happened was against the Niners, so here goes. Barry has a history of preparing for Murray, I think we get a really solid disciplined effort from the DL tonight. Murray gets his, but is less efficient from the pocket. Rodgers plays really well, we win by 3 34 31. I'm starting EQ in fantasy just for solidarity.

Or are you irrationally rational?