• Texas Tech at #4 Oklahoma, 3:30 ABC
    • #10 Ole Miss at #18 Auburn, 7 PM, ESPN
    • #19 SMU at Houston, 7 PM, ESPN 2
    • #20 Penn State at #5 Ohio State, 7:30, ABC
    • #25 BYU at UVA, 10:15, ESPN2
    • Fresno State at #21 San Diego State, 10:30, CBSSN
    • Other

6 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I share some of the same concerns that the committee will not respect Cincinnati. I hope they do. We have seen in the past that the committee tries to keep these teams out of the playoffs. If they put them in the top four, they make it very difficult not to keep them there. My prediction is that the committee chair will say some stuff about how they showed weaknesses the past couple weeks blah blah blah and have them and Wake Forest connected. 

If they do, and they slot Oklahoma in ahead of them, the sole purpose of this thing is money and it'll be a complete farce. There is no viable reason to slot them outside the top 4. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

If they do, and they slot Oklahoma in ahead of them, the sole purpose of this thing is money and it'll be a complete farce. There is no viable reason to slot them outside the top 4. 

I agree but I think you pegged it and you can follow the money. Cincinnati has a better resume then Oklahoma. It’s a trend though, the committee is going to pick what component they are going to follow to justify what they would like to see. I am quite interested to see what they do. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I agree but I think you pegged it and you can follow the money. Cincinnati has a better resume then Oklahoma. It’s a trend though, the committee is going to pick what component they are going to follow to justify what they would like to see. I am quite interested to see what they do. 

Yes but this is a competition committee, not a money committee. I know they almost always make **** up as they go because there's very little rhyme or reason to how they rank these teams but if they want to be taken seriously, there's just no legitimate way to leave Cincinnati out. You can't hold Cincinnati, with a better resume, to a different standard than Oklahoma. Both are undefeated, one has a really good win, both have struggled to put away lesser teams, more so Oklahoma than UC. There's just no feasible way to put Oklahoma ahead of Cincinnati at this moment. I'm sure, if they do, they'll use the Caleb Williams new QB thing as why they believe Oklahoma is more viable despite the fact that Caleb Williams was the QB when they struggled to beat Kansas...yes Kansas.

I'm already at wits end with the committee for past nonsense but placing UC outside the top 4 would take the cake of all the wrong things they've done. 

1 hour ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Would you give Scott Frost another year? Looking at their schedule this year, they've been this close to beating a lot of quality opponents. Don't think they want to go coach searching with the amount of high profile job openings this year either.

as the old saying goes, close only counts in horseshoes and the michigan side of any of their rivalries

• Like 1

12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I just don't see who could possibly have an argument over them in the top 4 outside of the obvious 3 (Georgia, Alabama, Michigan State). They have a better resume than Oklahoma, beat Notre Dame and Ohio State, Oregon and Michigan have no business being over them with 1 loss either.

There is no legitimate reason to have Cincinnati outside the top 4 right now. You have them at #4? Fine, there's reasoning in that. Behind Okahoma and at #5? That's laughable.

I have seen this before and that’s what I think the committee does

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Take past precedent out of it and I still can’t figure out why Alabama is getting some of the love that they are getting over undefeated teams. Not that it matters because they still play Georgia, so it will be decided. But they beat a 4-4 UF team by two points, they lost to Texas A&M. They looked pretty human against Tennessee also. Don’t get me wrong, if they run the table and win a championship, it would be highly unsurprising based on the past. But I’m not sure why they would be ranked somewhere in the top three outside of the letter on their helmet. You have multiple undefeated teams from major conferences even and one loss teams with similar resumes. For instance, if you put Alabama at two or three, why is there a gap that jumps a few spots to MSU, Oregon, or Ohio State? If you have them slightly ahead, that’s fine. But if you have Alabama 2 and then teams like Cincinnati, Oklahoma, then Michigan State, Ohio state, Oregon, I don’t really get the separation from Alabama to the other 1-lossers. If we’re talking about résumé and what we have seen out there so far this season. 

If it’s me, I would have Georgia as the obvious number 1. Cincinnati at 2, followed by MSU, OU, then in whatever order Oregon, Bama, OSU, UM, and ND. Michigan state and the Big Ten teams will work themselves out obviously. Same can be said for the Georgia versus Alabama matchup down the road. Oklahoma you can kind of say the same thing. They have a couple of decent matchups ahead, which will either validate what their current record is or reveal that they have just been bad teams and are what they are. So if they do run the table, they deserve to be in the playoffs. As an undefeated team I will give them the benefit of the doubt right now despite some clear deficiencies. I just hope that whatever the committee decides on Tuesday has some semblance of logic. 

ESPN. They've gone with...

MSU down in 15th. Not sure I understand this list

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Is that recent? Good lord that's trash. I honestly don't even know where to start w/ this one.

14 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

As you should especially when one team was extremely inexperienced and has been playing much better ball lately. The mindless "we beat you, we're better than you, and need to be ranked higher" thought process is what needs to be blown up. Context is important

The context that we were missing 2 of our best defenders including the #1 player in the draft?

19f6ae0d-831a-44cc-9f95-6e4fb42ec15d-jpe

10 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Lol okay so you don’t want to engage in thoughtful conversation. I wish you all were good this year so we could meet in the RB again…

I already explained my stance on the subject, you just never responded. I don't put more emphasis on a h2h result than I do the overall body of work and I feel Ohio State's entire body of work is better than Oregon's. It'll definitely be better by the end of the year assuming they beat Michigan State, Michigan and the West "champ." 

Oh and there's still that possibility lol. We control our own destiny in the West, as sad as that is.

Edited by beekay414