Week 8 GDT - Chicago Bears vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

32 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Love me some Bosa. Crazy to me that there were people that wanted to go a different direction with him on the board. 

I'll never forget my apoplectic reaction when someone suggested we take Josh Allen because he was better in coverage. I can't remember who said and I should probably apologize. I was soooooooooo beside myself at the thought lol 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GW21 said:

Love me some Bosa. Crazy to me that there were people that wanted to go a different direction with him on the board. 

Dont get me wrong, Nick is the man. But I could have lived with Quinnen Williams@#2 overall and Crosby in the 3rd round. I still think Williams is going to be very good when its all said and done. He's going to absolutely thrive with Saleh.

But I'm happy with Nick. He's excatly the player I thought he would be.

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Dont get me wrong, Nick is the man. But I could have lived with Quinnen Williams@#2 overall and Crosby in the 3rd round. I still think Williams is going to be very good when its all said and done. He's going to absolutely thrive with Saleh.

But I'm happy with Nick. He's excatly the player I thought he would be.

I was a big Quinnen Williams fan too, but to me it was a no-brainer to take Bosa. I felt that those were the two blue chip guys in that draft, but Nick's impact would be much greater. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

It's kind of crazy when you consider that he didn't even really have a good game lol 

Only thing he really did bad was hold the edge on those read options and scrambles from Fields. But he was still getting to Fields on straight drop backs where Fields did not get the ball out quickly or roll out to the opposite side.

One thing I've noticed the last two weeks is that Armstead does not have the same juice. I think he is a bit gassed from how much he's been playing. They will need to get him more breathers. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Only thing he really did bad was hold the edge on those read options and scrambles from Fields. But he was still getting to Fields on straight drop backs where Fields did not get the ball out quickly or roll out to the opposite side.

That's a pretty big "only" lol. And again, I'm fine with it. I said it during the game that I think you just live with that because over crashing is a tendency since college. But this was a particularly bad game for that. Most games you may only see that once if at all just because teams don't tend to take advantage of it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

That's a pretty big "only" lol. And again, I'm fine with it. I said it during the game that I think you just live with that because over crashing is a tendency since college. But this was a particularly bad game for that. Most games you may only see that once if at all just because teams don't tend to take advantage of it. 

It was, he pulled a Ford there but like in pure rushing the passer terms, he did really good as he usually does. The post was basically about his sacks.

Still say .5 sack should go to Warner there. 

10 hours ago, Forge said:

I'll never forget my apoplectic reaction when someone suggested we take Josh Allen because he was better in coverage. I can't remember who said and I should probably apologize. I was soooooooooo beside myself at the thought lol 

Lol, I loved (the other) Josh Allen and was in the Allen over Quinnen Williams camp at the time due to roster and scheme fit (man did I think he would be a good SAM/PRS on passing downs), but that situation and how our defensive tackle rotation evolved from that point has convinced me strongly of the need for quality tiers holding sway over fit, even if the fit is also a high character versatile player. It just matters too much. I hope that I never went so far as to hawk Allen over Bosa, though. XD

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Lol, I loved (the other) Josh Allen and was in the Allen over Quinnen Williams camp at the time due to roster and scheme fit (man did I think he would be a good SAM/PRS on passing downs), but that situation and how our defensive tackle rotation evolved from that point has convinced me strongly of the need for quality tiers holding sway over fit, even if the fit is also a high character versatile player. It just matters too much. I hope that I never went so far as to hawk Allen over Bosa, though. XD

I loved Josh Allen as well and was completely on board with trading down and snagging him. 

The injury history really worried me for bosa but I see now that he was making business decisions while being an unpaid (exploited) worker in college but that he's absolutely played through some pain as a professional who wants to win. 

I am glad they didn't listen to me. Lol