2021 Week 8 GDT Steelers visit Da Browns

Steeler Hitman

I will have to go back and watch but my knee jerk reaction was that the offense wasn’t that bad (you know…for us) but we had that one thing that would kill a good drive happen multiple times. Had a bad sack at one point, a holding late, the Fake field goal…we had opportunities but seemed to shoot ourselves in the foot multiple times. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I will have to go back and watch but my knee jerk reaction was that the offense wasn’t that bad (you know…for us) but we had that one thing that would kill a good drive happen multiple times. Had a bad sack at one point, a holding late, the Fake field goal…we had opportunities but seemed to shoot ourselves in the foot multiple times. 

I think the only part of the offense that struggled was pass protection. it was really shaky. amazing Ben only got sacked 1 or 2 times. I don't think they have enough juice to be  SB contenders this yr, but if these young guys keep improving +  FA/draft to help shore up some things. the signs of a good offense in the making could be there..especially at the skill positions

Edited by August4th

1 hour ago, August4th said:

I think the only part of the offense that struggled was pass protection. it was really shaky. amazing Ben only got sacked 1 or 2 times. I don't think they have enough juice to be  SB contenders this yr, but if these young guys keep improving +  FA/draft to help shore up some things. the signs of a good offense in the making could be there..especially at the skill positions

Some of the plan was just mind boggling. Key downs we were going 5 wide with DAN FREAKING MOORE at LT. No chip, no back, no run threat, no nothing against Myles Garrett. He just would widen out and lick his chops. 

Tomlins “standard is the standard” nonsense may have rubbed off on everyone. Ain’t no ones standard to block Myles Garrett 1 on 1 all day long, but that’s what we asked a 4th round rookie to do. 

Edited by Dcash4

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

So what’s the deal with Banner? Practiced all week, was he dressed today? Moore was getting cooked out there, I think it’s gotten to the point where he’s clearly the weak link of the line.

He had some nice run blocks.

He was also going against an elite pass rusher and was getting next to no help.

He needs work, but who will be better at LT?   Chuks?   Im not optimistic about that, and it could stunt Moore's development.

• Like 1

Not a big fan of the fake FG in that situation but the play was there. Looked like they ran it against a skeleton defense or nothing in practice so Boz didn’t know what he was seeing. Not getting a flag is inexcusable. I saw one former ref say the reason one wasn’t thrown is the refs aren’t trained to do it for anyone but the QB. 

All in all an ugly win, which is the tale of the year. 

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Not a big fan of the fake FG in that situation but the play was there. Looked like they ran it against a skeleton defense or nothing in practice so Boz didn’t know what he was seeing. Not getting a flag is inexcusable. I saw one former ref say the reason one wasn’t thrown is the refs aren’t trained to do it for anyone but the QB. 

I will expect a health fine for the defensive player then?