Jumanji Mafia: Town wins!

Malfatron

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

I wasn't guessing. I was asking.

Your answer directly cleared multiple people or told us who mafia was based on votes/night actions.

it is effectively the same as you are putting that into the thread for scum 

putting a question behind it doesn't hide the info from mafia

It was fun. Thanks again @Malfatron.

I’ll take this fake MVP trophy because it will probably be the most joy I will get visiting this site all year, unless the corrupt NFL decides to rightfully end the suffering of all WFT fans and force Dan Snyder to sell.

Thank you to Matts and all other town members for trusting me enough to not kill me off.

• Like 3

Just now, squire12 said:

it is effectively the same as you are putting that into the thread for scum 

putting a question behind it doesn't hide the info from mafia

What?

Guessing someone's role in the middle of the day for no reason other than my own enjoyment seems a bit different than getting information that directly affects decisions made on the final day.

But that's just me.

3 minutes ago, The Orca said:

Do you understand the differences in the associated situations and time frames and knowledge known?

sure.   putting info in the thread is a choice that needs to be made.   telling someone they should not speculate in thread on roles or possibilities just stifles discussion. 

anytime that info is put in thread needs to be weighed on how it affects things.  

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

What?

Guessing someone's role in the middle of the day for no reason other than my own enjoyment seems a bit different than getting information that directly affects decisions made on the final day.

But that's just me.

players guess roles all the time in games.  I guess if you don't pay attention for the first few days you might not get that.  

like I said.   play how you want for your enjoyment and allow others to play how they like for their enjoyment.   if you want or expect everyone to play the same generic way, what fun would that be??

Just now, squire12 said:

players guess roles all the time in games.  I guess if you don't pay attention for the first few days you might not get that.  

like I said.   play how you want for your enjoyment and allow others to play how they like for their enjoyment.   if you want or expect everyone to play the same generic way, what fun would that be??

Are you being this difficult on purpose?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

sure.   putting info in the thread is a choice that needs to be made.   telling someone they should not speculate in thread on roles or possibilities just stifles discussion. 

anytime that info is put in thread needs to be weighed on how it affects things.  

Im Out GIF

Just now, squire12 said:

what are you not understanding about players being allowed to play how they feel and best derives enjoyment for them?

is that not a concept you can grasp?

Since you've now shifted to this debate, rather than the differences between what we were previously talking about; play to your wincon.

Helping mafia as town is antithetical to that.

If that brings you joy, so be it. But you probably shouldn't play for the other team because of what's happened in the last nine (or whatever he said it was) games.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Since you've now shifted to this debate, rather than the differences between what we were previously talking about; play to your wincon.

always have.   still play for the enjoyment of it as well.   different playstyles are what helps make the game fun.   so if that involves speculating openly on things to generate discussion, then I see no issue with that.   you do.   

I am not sure why you can't see the issue with letting players play how they want to play.  

So Mwil speculates on porca being the vig.  why does that necessitate porca (or you) potentially then hitting him that next night?    players through out fake claims and ideas all the time.   acting on them is a choice that the player makes.  shifting the blame of that choice because the player guessed the role in thread seems like an interesting choice.

Helping mafia as town is antithetical to that.

yet asking for info isn't helping mafia??  I guess if it suits your needs it is fair to ask for info.  it is funny as I have been talked to about asking for info in prior games and other players have been reluctant to provide it.   apparently it is a 1 way street with players .....when it suits their needs 

If that brings you joy, so be it. But you probably shouldn't play for the other team because of what's happened in the last nine (or whatever he said it was) games.

did Mwil or myself play for the other team?

maybe you don't understand the long track record of things and what has driven some players to not play as much.