Week 08 2021 - GDT - Buccaneers (6-1) @ Saints (4-2)

Mid Iowa

40 minutes ago, Dome said:

Kamara is one of the best players in the NFL to utilize inside the red zone. We are just as likely to score on a Kamara stretch play as we are on a Trevor Siemian pass. Especially when we are throwing near the LOS anyways, or throwing uncatchable balls cause we don’t trust Trev, nor does he trust himself, to throw it into traffic anyways. He looked straight scared after the 2 minute lol

(let’s not forget that Payton has had massive issues running out the clock throughout his career, it’s why Brees has so many GW drives)

And I do believe lots of people would be singing different tunes if Evans caught that pass and MW whiffed on the tackle again. Hindsight is 20/20.

Surprise playaction fade? Sure.

What we saw was uninspired and poorly thought out. 

Glad we got the win, not gonna let that nonsense ruin it lol

Sean Payton is terrible at running out the clock.  We've had that problem since forever.  Entire seasons would have had a different outcome if Payton would just figure out how to run some clock out.

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

Sean Payton is terrible at running out the clock.  We've had that problem since forever.  Entire seasons would have had a different outcome if Payton would just figure out how to run some clock out.

That's exactly why I'm annoyed at myself for letting it take the buzz off this win lol.

Cause this is the type of game we've lost so many times before and people criticize Paytons inability to manage the clock when we have a good running game. He got a pass IMO. 

Happy with the victory, I won't be thinking about the 2:00 playcalling again lmao

Just now, Dome said:

That's exactly why I'm annoyed at myself for letting it take the buzz off this win lol.

Cause this is the type of game we've lost so many times before and people criticize Paytons inability to manage the clock when we have a good running game. He got a pass IMO. 

Happy with the victory, I won't be thinking about the 2:00 playcalling again lmao

I used to blame it on bad running game, but at this point it's clear that it's just Payton.

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

I used to blame it on bad running game, but at this point it's clear that it's just Payton.

Sometimes the run game sucked and it was clear the best way for us to run the clock off was to have Brees pass for first downs. But, this is when we had prime Brees and guys like Graham, Colston, Moore, etc., and a RBBC without a real ace... it's not the smarter call when we have Trevor Siemian, Marquez Callaway,  AdamTrautman, Trequan Smith a track star kick returner and oh yeah *checks notes* Alvin Kamara to work with.

I know I'm doing the typical fan thing and acting like I know more than the coach lol, I recognize that.

But if we are talking about playing aggressive, there is no way that after the 2:00 warning the best chance for us to score was to have Siemian throw safe mostly uncatchable balls and grounders instead of trying to get Kamara the ball in space on a stretch or pitch. Kamara on a stretch or pitch in that spot is one of the best places an NFL team can be in to score, easily the best on our team, he's had bad games before until he does a Kamara thing and wins us the whole damn thing. 

Now, if Payton is playing the long game and knows Winston is done for the year and did this to show Trevor that he has confidence in him while also showing the defense he has confidence in them, I get it. That's a savvy move.

But as I said that would be 4D chess on Paytons end and would definitely be giving him far too much credit given his history of poor clock management lol

6 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Like I said, Davenport changes this defense. 

You're preaching to the choir. We all love him when he's on the field.

Also, NFL Gen still has absolutely no idea who David Onyemata is.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dome said:

He looked straight scared after the 2 minute lol

Can't argue with that. Team is dead in the water with Trev at QB.

And I do believe lots of people would be singing different tunes if Evans caught that pass and MW whiffed on the tackle again. Hindsight is 20/20.

And in this case the extra 40 seconds off the clock wouldn't have made a difference 😉

There's a lot to digest in this win.

Our offense was on a different level than last week. I don't know if it's the "we're playing against Brady" attitude, or having Ingram back, but it was just different, from front to back, hands down, no argument different. ...and I loved it!!

This defense needs to play like this every week!!!! For the love of God, ball out every week! We'd be 6-1 if the D played the way they should.

Siemian, who has been a ghost for 5 years, actually played really well for a guy covered in dust. Can he do it for the rest of the season? Well, this is where we find out what kind of QB whisperer Sean Payton really is.

Onyamata & Davenport coming back made Cam Jordan look like the guy we all have loved to watch for 10(ish) years. And they also made the secondary play hard, and make the GOAT look human.

Say what you want, this was a statement win, and a great one at that!

8 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

There's a lot to digest in this win.

Our offense was on a different level than last week. I don't know if it's the "we're playing against Brady" attitude, or having Ingram back, but it was just different, from front to back, hands down, no argument different. ...and I loved it!!

This defense needs to play like this every week!!!! For the love of God, ball out every week! We'd be 6-1 if the D played the way they should.

Siemian, who has been a ghost for 5 years, actually played really well for a guy covered in dust. Can he do it for the rest of the season? Well, this is where we find out what kind of QB whisperer Sean Payton really is.

Onyamata & Davenport coming back made Cam Jordan look like the guy we all have loved to watch for 10(ish) years. And they also made the secondary play hard, and make the GOAT look human.

Say what you want, this was a statement win, and a great one at that!

I think Taysom is the guy moving forward, Trevor did play really well though. 

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

I think Taysom is the guy moving forward, Trevor did play really well though. 

I guessing you're right, but I really prefer him as the question mark guy, rather than the QB. I love it when teams have no idea what he's doing, and let's face it, his deep ball sucks. Siemian was dropping some dimes deep. Hill will under throw everyone once they're past 20 yards.

13 hours ago, Raves said:

I agree, when healthy Davenport > Hendrickson overall.  Just Davenport hasn't been available.

With Hendrickson's sack yesterday he is currently is on pace for a 15+ sack season. I'd love for Davenport to be better than Hendrickson overall, but I just don't see it. 

15 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

With Hendrickson's sack yesterday he is currently is on pace for a 15+ sack season. I'd love for Davenport to be better than Hendrickson overall, but I just don't see it. 

Sacks aren't the only aspect of the game that matters.  Davenport was also double teamed/held pretty much the entire game when he was in and was providing opportunities for others to get pressure if it wasn't him doing it.