Week 8: Bengals vs Jets

Bobby816

Just now, jetsfan4life51 said:

Missed the replay but looked like overrated Maye was beat too.

I saw that initially but even if that’s cover 2 which it looked like…Davis misread the play in front of him and look liked he missed his assignment staying back in coverage. Also another safety who sucks at tackling. 

Just now, ekill08x said:

I saw that initially but even if that’s cover 2 which it looked like…Davis misread the play in front of him and look liked he missed his assignment staying back in coverage. Also another safety who sucks at tackling. 

Regardless we need two new Safeties.  Remember when we thought we had it locked down for the next 10 years just two seasons ago?

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

This is WAY overrated in my book. Give me a guy that can make the short and medium throws all day long. I'm tired of the "your QB has to have a strong arm to win." Give me a QB that makes very fast decisions and great ball placement and that QB will pick you apart all day long. 

I don’t disagree, but you are seeing the limitations on some of his throws. Overall though it’s been a pleasure to watch him work today. 

Regardless we need two new Safeties.  Remember when we thought we had it locked down for the next 10 years just two seasons ago?

Lol yeah that was a good one. Maye is good in coverage…but he’s an older UFA and he is a missed tackle machine. 

3 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Absolutely. LaFleur has done a miserable job helping Zach. He’s having a very nice day today. 

Has he??? Maybe the play calling is there for Wilson and Wilson just makes god awful throws. White is making very good throws and gets ride of the ball way fast than Wilson. This is just proving that Wilson is a lot bigger problem than most of you guys want to admit. You know where I stand I think Wilson is trash and this is just more info that supports this. 

Just now, jetfuel34 said:

Has he??? Maybe the play calling is there for Wilson and Wilson just makes god awful throws. White is making very good throws and gets ride of the ball way fast than Wilson. This is just proving that Wilson is a lot bigger problem than most of you guys want to admit. You know where I stand I think Wilson is trash and this is just more info that supports this. 

Sure White has been quick and decisive but you're kidding yourself if you don't see a noticeable difference in play calling.

Sure White has been quick and decisive but you're kidding yourself if you don't see a noticeable difference in play calling.

I was at the Pats game live and that play calling was there. The guys where open he just held the ball way to long and had open guys but where only 5-8 yards down field when he wants 15-20. The QB not throwing to open guys is his fault no one else. I did agree that the play calling was not there but when I saw everything live close up in the endzone seat so I can see his view he had guys open. That made me think how much is is play calling really. 

Just now, jetfuel34 said:

I was at the Pats game live and that play calling was there. The guys where open he just held the ball way to long and had open guys but where only 5-8 yards down field when he wants 15-20. The QB not throwing to open guys is his fault no one else. I did agree that the play calling was not there but when I saw everything live close up in the endzone seat so I can see his view he had guys open. That made me think how much is is play calling really. 

Cannot comment on that because I only see what the TV shows but the sequence of play calling is the other complaint.  Run, run, 3rd and long. Always in 3rd and long.

First drive today 5 straight passes and in a groove.  That's how you get your rookie QB settled in.