Post Game Thoughts. Cowboys.

cconocool

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Zimmer is done. He’s lost the locker room. 

It’s not a coincidence, nor is it an accident, that Cousins and Thielen mentioned the coaches in their time with the media. They know where the primary problem lies. 

Beat me again haha. Terrible all the way around.

I've been saying since early in the last off season that the 2021 Vikings would be a 12-win team.  How wrong I was.  The talent is there, but I've finally come to the FULL realization that Mike Zimmer isn't going to get the job done.  I want to like him as a coach, but you have to be able to get your team up for games like this.  Zim just doesn't seem to have that ability.

• Like 2

This sums up my thoughts on the Vikings’ coaching staff, and there ability to game plan; 

The Cowboys created a game plan to get the ball to their best weapons, Lamb and Cooper. The Vikings didn’t create a game plan to get Thielen and Jefferson the ball. 

Heading into the game the Cowboys’ defense ranked 28th in passing yards allowed, and 22nd in passing TDs allowed. The Vikings coaches decided that attacking that passing defense wasn’t in the team’s best interest. Despite watching an aggressive passing attack march right down the field for a touchdown on the opening drive. They coached scared.

• Like 1

Thoughts?

1. Our DB situation is terrible

2. Our MLBs are either aging or overpaid

3. Our FA patchwork D line is average

4. We have nice DEs

5. O - Line has nice pieces on each end and a putrid middle 3, Bradbury should go with Zimmer.

6. Cousins cannot be resigned 

7. A long look needs to be taken on Spielman for building this average nonsense.

8. CJ Ham is our PRIMETIME goto player?! Imagine that, more catches than Jefferson?

9. I am embarrassed for us all

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cconocool said:

Worst offensive coordinator in the league. Can we fire him midseason?

OL looked terrible on some plays, but Cousin had enough open pockets to make better throws.

The D was great, so you cannot really fault Zimmer. Breeland was by far the weakest link. Too bad we don't have a better second option for DB right now.

The special teams performed admirably as well. 

Cowboys receivers were wide open almost every play, if Dak was fully healthy they would have dropped 40 points on us

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I don’t understand how  the OL be so crappy with the amount of resources dropped in it? 

The coaches don’t preach pass blocking.

Honestly, it’s not a talent issue at this point, save for maybe Bradbury. It’s a coaching issue. It’s an issue of where the coaches place the point of emphasis. I don’t for a second believe that they practice during the week any different than they practice during training camp, and when you watch training camp practices there is such an emphasis on run blocking. But there’s very little team work with pass blocking. And that lack of training shows. 

It’s time for Wyatt Davis to make his debut at RG. Udoh was a nice story, and he earned the job in TC, but he’s become a massive (literal and figurative) liability. Udoh has the size, strength, and athleticism to play the position, but is lack of experience and lack of understanding of the guard position is glaring. He doesn’t know how to deal with counter moves from the defensive linemen, and he doesn’t know how to recover when he gets beat. And what’s making it worse is that he’s developing a bad habit of sticking his arm out and hooking the defender when he gets beat, and getting called for holding every week. It’s time to make the switch. 

I’d also like to see Mason Cole get an opportunity to replace Bradbury, but that’s just wishful thinking. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The coaches don’t preach pass blocking.

Honestly, it’s not a talent issue at this point, save for maybe Bradbury. It’s a coaching issue. It’s an issue of where the coaches place the point of emphasis. I don’t for a second believe that they practice during the week any different than they practice during training camp, and when you watch training camp practices there is such an emphasis on run blocking. But there’s very little team work with pass blocking. And that lack of training shows. 

It’s time for Wyatt Davis to make his debut at RG. Udoh was a nice story, and he earned the job in TC, but he’s become a massive (literal and figurative) liability. Udoh has the size, strength, and athleticism to play the position, but is lack of experience and lack of understanding of the guard position is glaring. He doesn’t know how to deal with counter moves from the defensive linemen, and he doesn’t know how to recover when he gets beat. And what’s making it worse is that he’s developing a bad habit of sticking his arm out and hooking the defender when he gets beat, and getting called for holding every week. It’s time to make the switch. 

I’d also like to see Mason Cole get an opportunity to replace Bradbury, but that’s just wishful thinking. 

Totally agree. With the right coaching we're a couple of pieces away from having the OL be a strength. It's upsetting how great our offense could be with some coaching changes and aggression.

Darrisaw - Cleveland - FA - Davis - O'neill 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

More coaching ineptitude. 

The game plan should have never changed just because Cooper Rush played instead. 

Let be honest though, how much tape is there on Rush? He hasn’t thrown a pass since 2017. Sure maybe preseason but how telling is that really.

It makes me sad, because I genuinely like Zim. I think he gets/got a lot out of his players, I think they respect him as a person, and I think he made the franchise stable and respectable.

This can’t be the best effort though - and either way it’s gotta be the end. What we watched last night was not NFL caliber, and it wasn’t a situation where one team’s guys just played better, or they were out-schemed. They just refused to close them out for whatever reason. That 2nd half might have been the worst half of Vikings football that I’ve watched since the Philly NFCCG.

6 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Let be honest though, how much tape is there on Rush? He hasn’t thrown a pass since 2017. Sure maybe preseason but how telling is that really.

My issue is the game planning for the QB. With Prescott’s status uncertain, they shouldn’t have been game planning for Prescott or Rush. They should have been game planning for Lamb and Cooper.