Week 9 GDT: Raiders (5-2) at Giants (2-6)

NYRaider

Who ya got?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Raiders
    • Giants

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Given his is to replace Ruggs' physical status on the field (not his entire production, despite what some apparently think expectations are for him):

I'd like to see 6 or 7 targets thrown his way, see him haul in at least 4 or 5 depending on the nature of said targets (are they deep shots? Double coverage? Wildly inaccurate?) and have something like 65-80 yards and a TD. 

He's basically our defacto deep threat right now, so if he hauls in 1 or 2 of those, I'm cool with it. 

Production other than stat line: does he get down field and does he do enough to force the DC to adjust and account for him as a legit threat? 

If he winds up with 2 catches and 10 yards, but the Giants can't crowd the LOS because he's running good deep routes and forcing them to respect the deep ball, that I'm cool with too. 

Nobody expects a t-i-t for tat replacement of Ruggs' production, but Zay can have a sparse stat line and still be productive so long as one doesn't simply box score scout. 

Yeah i just asked to know what people in this debate were expecting. I kinda agree with you but wouldn't even expect that many targets. Ruggs was averaging just over 5/game. Jones should get less than that.

8 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Really looking for Edwards to come out and take this opportunity and never look back. Edwards production should go up a lot if he wants it. 

More Edwards, Renfrow, Moreau and Drake in the passing game is my expectation. None of them is the deep threat Ruggs was but the offense has to adapt.

10 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Yeah i just asked to know what people in this debate were expecting. I kinda agree with you but wouldn't even expect that many targets. Ruggs was averaging just over 5/game. Jones should get less than that.

Possible. 

My rationale for the target number comes from me thinking the Giants stack the middle early. 

At that point, I'd want Carr taking a few deeps if that's the route run, just to open them up a bit. 

I guess we can call a couple of them faux targets lol

16 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

This is my biggest concern coming out of the gate. 

We're the superior team, but do we come out playing like it? 

yup. That's what I always look for in these type of games. It's not that we win it's how we win. 

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1