LA Rams trade for Von Miller

MDY10

22 minutes ago, S-jax39 said:

We still have 8 picks countingour comp picks right? Good trade. Just need to come out of the next draft with a couple solid late round selections.

And if Von walks after this season, don’t we probably get a 3rd round comp? Maybe a 4 at worst.

12 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

On the surface, I hate it for the compensation. But if the team wins the SB this year then you cannot hate any move that betters the team. I just think it is a lot for a team that wasn't having issues with edge pressure. And Hollins is still going to be back later this year.

Even Lewis has been playing well. But there’s nothing better than being able to rotate quality rushers. I’m beyond excited.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Even Lewis has been playing well. But there’s nothing better than being able to rotate quality rushers. I’m beyond excited.

I'm excited too but it's too much when the need isn't there. Like I said, if we win the SB, It's clearly worth it. But those were the 2 best picks we had next year and there's no real comp pick coming back for Von. I think at best it's a 5th. 

There's always been a huge amount of luck when it comes to winning it all. I think we had a good enough team before the trade. Would have preferred us to consider the future a bit before pulling the trigger. It's a gamble I wouldn't have made but if it pays off then it's obviously worth it. I do love Von and Leonard on the outside containing the mobile QBs in the NFC. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDY10 said:

So if I’m not mistaken, the Rams now have a 5th and two 7s? Hahaha 

We'll also get a comp 3rd (I don't believe we've traded that away yet - I say yet, because we can pretty much guarantee Les will try to deal it for more Day 3 picks) for Brad Holmes thanks to Resolution JC-2A.

51 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Well, especially when, arguably, at least 2 of the 3 (potentially Lewis too, but I want to hedge on the conservative side for the moment) of those quality rushers are capable of playing inside or at least "not going" on an conceivable snap.  Our defense was at its best under Staley when team's legitimately couldn't predict who was coming and from where.  We saw some of that under Morris with Kenny Young, but we did seem a little limited by personnel in that respect.

New look defense….

DL A'Shawn Robinson
NT Sebastian Joseph-Day
DL Aaron Donald
OLB Leonard Floyd
ILB Troy Reeder
ILB Ernest Jones
OLB Von Miller
CB Jalen Ramsey
CB Darious Williams
FS Jordan Fuller
SS Taylor Rapp

I could also see us moving hollins inside over reeder. 

• Like 2

I love it. Already lead the league in sacks and have Donald that leagues have to double and triple team. Floyd is having a pro bowl caliber season and now Miller who is going to really pick his spots and be a difference maker. Again I kept saying don’t doubt Les and he has done it yet again. Great job. 

• Like 2