yo Clevelolin Browns @@ the Cincinnati BEGNGALS; DEE battle for the O-H-I-O #JOEvsBAKE ------- THE GDT thread my children

Kiwibrown

Who wins   

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the football game?

2. 2. LSU WR with the worst hands

3. 3. most dissapointing rooke so far

• poll dancing
    • Newsome
    • JOk
    • Tommy Togiai
    • Richard Lecounte
    • Fields
    • Scwartz's 4.25
    • someone else

11 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Massive game for Baker, real nut up or shut up type of game. 

Definitely doesn’t need a massive game, just needs to play well and we need a win.

People are going to be victims of the moment every week I’m sure and there’s no need for it. We’ve got a season and a healthy to reach a verdict on Mayfield.

A high drop rate or missed block probability or not, I don't get how Njoku gets the Chargers game opportunities and then his opportunities fall off a cliff after. He's the key to unlocking this offense's intermediate and explosive mid field opportunities as Baker's not going to taking strikes deep.

One of the lesser discussed things about the OBJ dad liked video is there was deafening silence regarding teammates coming to Baker Mayfield's defense on social media. Only Higgins responded with something after fans accused him of bashing Baker, but no players that I saw came to Baker's defense.

However, many offensive players countered media narrative or came to OBJ's defense.

Baker and Stefanksi have to do well down the stretch as the fingers being pointed to Baker's shoulder, or Jack Conklin, or Kareem Hunt being out will only last so long.  Eventually if struggles persist the fingers going back to Stefanksi and Baker.

They have to come out swinging. F-the Hooper targets. Get Njoku the ball for explosive playmaking. And if he drops a few who gives a sh*t.

I don't give a sh*t about going 11 for 11 on schemed opened throws underneath. High variance QBs that make explosive plays and big time throws on key downs don't need to be at 80% completion percentage. In the end, Baker has to be able to make the plays when things aren't schemed open, he has to be able to throw with anticipation (he's done so before) to throw guys open, and he has to be able to make explosive plays. Stefanski's always going to do his part and get guys open, but when guys aren't perfectly wide open anticipation big time throws and catches win the day.

Edited by Empire Lies
  • Like 2

This whole thing has made it evident Baker is all that matters and now every other player knows it, including Myles.

If you don't like him or the fact the organization has his back there's the door.

This season looks like it's all about baker taking ownership of the team.

48 minutes ago, Empire Lies said:

One of the lesser discussed things about the OBJ dad liked video is there was deafening silence regarding teammates coming to Baker Mayfield's defense on social media. Only Higgins responded with something after fans accused him of bashing Baker, but no players that I saw came to Baker's defense.

Baker doesn't need it and they know it. He isn't fragile. OBJ is fragile and needs a support system and his friends know it.

7 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Baker doesn't need it and they know it. He isn't fragile. OBJ is fragile and needs a support system and his friends know it.

So... let me get this straight...

You are saying that the guy that responds to tweets from media or random accounts, the guy that puts out Instagram/tweets post in-season to the "doubters" about how "only he's built for this" to the internet when ppl are criticizing his play, the guy that calls up Jay Glazer to give him every single detail medically about his shoulder injury so it can be put out there publically pre-game vs Denver, the guy that has two back to back medical pressers with Browns beatwriters totaling over 30 minutes where he entertains every media question about his shoulder and how he's coping with his shoulder injury while only a few minutes are spent talking about the game or anything else, and the guy who's wife is empowered to tweet/instagram defend him all the time, isn't emotionally fragile at all but OBJ is?

Lol. Stop it with all the projection.

OBJ has fought through more than you or others could ever imagine growing up to now. Fought through injury and grown as person along the way making mistakes like anyone else. He's tough minded and an emotional person.

But it's funny how easy it is to project "fragile" to OBJ but not project those characteristics to Baker despite his past and present history. To me, OBJ and Baker are both tough in a wide variety of ways but also emotional people.

So, it might honestly matter that players came to the defense of OBJ, but none came to the defense of Baker after the video. What the situation is will likely reveal itself if the offense faces additional adversity and struggles going forward.

1 hour ago, Empire Lies said:

So... let me get this straight...

You are saying that the guy that responds to tweets from media or random accounts, the guy that puts out Instagram/tweets post in-season to the "doubters" about how "only he's built for this" to the internet when ppl are criticizing his play, the guy that calls up Jay Glazer to give him every single detail medically about his shoulder injury so it can be put out there publically pre-game vs Denver, the guy that has two back to back medical pressers with Browns beatwriters totaling over 30 minutes where he entertains every media question about his shoulder and how he's coping with his shoulder injury while only a few minutes are spent talking about the game or anything else, and the guy who's wife is empowered to tweet/instagram defend him all the time, isn't emotionally fragile at all but OBJ is?

Lol. Stop it with all the projection.

OBJ has fought through more than you or others could ever imagine growing up to now. Fought through injury and grown as person along the way making mistakes like anyone else. He's tough minded and an emotional person.

But it's funny how easy it is to project "fragile" to OBJ but not project those characteristics to Baker despite his past and present history. To me, OBJ and Baker are both tough in a wide variety of ways but also emotional people.

So, it might honestly matter that players came to the defense of OBJ, but none came to the defense of Baker after the video. What the situation is will likely reveal itself if the offense faces additional adversity and struggles going forward.

Yours is mostly exaggerated to fit your narrative but whatever.

Did Baker ever say he wasn't able to play well because of his injury? I don't recall hearing that. (I don't watch pressers and haven't even looked at OBJ's dad's video clip, don't have the time that I had when I was younger. Watching games and this board is all I do.

OBJ is emotionally fragile. It's obvious and it doesn't matter why.

Mayfield will get aggressive defending himself and team mates. He isn't sulking or crying though.

If OBJ fought through more than anyone could know then how do you know? Are you OBJ? It kinda makes sense.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yours is mostly exaggerated to fit your narrative but whatever.

Did Baker ever say he wasn't able to play well because of his injury? I don't recall hearing that. (I don't watch pressers and haven't even looked at OBJ's dad's video clip, don't have the time that I had when I was younger. Watching games and this board is all I do.

OBJ is emotionally fragile. It's obvious and it doesn't matter why.

Mayfield will get aggressive defending himself and team mates. He isn't sulking or crying though.

You are the one committed to a narrative of "OBJ is fragile, Baker's tough."

I stated: "To me, OBJ and Baker are both tough in a wide variety of ways but also emotional people."

And that if one is going to deem OBJ emotionally fragile then one should consider the same evidence for Baker (i.e., tweets/instagram posts/replies, messages to media, etc).

That's a fair and more balanced take on both OBJ and Baker imo. It's fair to disagree on who deserve more blame football-wise for missed plays/connections (Baker or OBJ), but the fragile talk is cheeks imo

I also stated there and prior that I don't do the "player x or b is weak/soft/mentally this or that" talk b/c fans discount tons of life adversity that players have gone through and the unbelievable physical and mental toll/sacrifice they put in to play the game week after week or rehabbing from catastrophic injuries that most people would struggle with.

13 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

If OBJ fought through more than anyone could know then how do you know? Are you OBJ? It kinda makes sense.

Lol. It's a colloquial phrase. Life in Baton Rouge can be rough. OBJ's parents gave him a privilege not many in Baton Rouge have, but he's talked about losing friends and the difficult mental environment growing up despite some of the privileges he enjoyed relative to his friends.

Point was, a guy that battles back from multiple ACLs in his career, gruesome ankle injury, double sports hernia, torn groins, torn quads, grows as a person along the way, blocks with effort always, fights for a play even if the QB throws an INT, is good to his teammates the vast majority of the time, asked to be traded with a declining Eli Manning and struggling chemistry Baker, but is an emotional person that's made some bad plays on the field doesn't mean that player is fragile and weak.

2 hours ago, matt27j said:

This whole thing has made it evident Baker is all that matters and now every other player knows it, including Myles.

If you don't like him or the fact the organization has his back there's the door.

This season looks like it's all about baker taking ownership of the team.

I don’t see this as the case at all.

The team knew he wasn’t happy, but I’m guessing assumed he’d remain professional throughout the season. That wasn’t the case.

The fact of the matter is pretty much anyone on a team is easier to replace than the starting QB.  Pair that with the fact that said QB actually plays better without OBJ (who didn’t want to be here) and I’m not sure what other conclusion there was to come to?

You simply can’t allow your dad (wink wink) to call out teammates and pretend it’s gonna be ok.  OBJ or anyone else.

This is what he wanted, why is anyone upset he got his way?

1 hour ago, Empire Lies said:

Point was, a guy that battles back from multiple ACLs in his career, gruesome ankle injury, double sports hernia, torn groins, torn quads, grows as a person along the way, blocks with effort always, fights for a play even if the QB throws an INT, is good to his teammates the vast majority of the time, asked to be traded with a declining Eli Manning and struggling chemistry Baker, but is an emotional person that's made some bad plays on the field doesn't mean that player is fragile and weak.

OBJ gave up on plays multiple times, even walked off the field after an interception as his teammates went for the tackle. He also pouts. It really isn't a knock on him, some people are naturally more fragile it isn't like he is trying to be fragile.

He has battled back from multiple injuries and that shows a toughness (although what choice do you have). That is different than needed to have people tell you how good you are or worry about stats to prove to people how good you are. Again, not a knock I know many people like that and while it can be frustrating it isn't like they can just all of a sudden have the self esteem that stuff about themselves doesn't bother them anymore.

Doesn't need a massive performance but this is for sure a critical game for Mayfield, career wise, and for the team this season.

Last season's run after OBJ went down was organic. While some recognized the correlation with Odell being absent it was written off to familiarity with the offense, coaching, strength of schedule....so forth. Completely different this go around. Everyone, including teammates and coaches, are watching and anticipating how he'll play sans OBJ. Very different mindset for him and the team. They can't act like all that **** didn't happen and the implications of it.

29 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Doesn't need a massive performance but this is for sure a critical game for Mayfield, career wise, and for the team this season.

not really, it’s still just one game.

29 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Last season's run after OBJ went down was organic. While some recognized the correlation with Odell being absent it was written off to familiarity with the offense, coaching, strength of schedule....so forth. Completely different this go around. Everyone, including teammates and coaches, are watching and anticipating how he'll play sans OBJ. Very different mindset for him and the team. They can't act like all that **** didn't happen and the implications of it.

Yes, different situation. More eyes, more pressure.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

not really, it’s still just one game.

kinda really.

First game after this OBJ incident... Facing the #1 team in the division having a turnaround season with a younger, better QB. The potential of going under 500 after all the expectations. Contract year.  And amid the most public criticism he's faced since getting pancaked by the FPD.

Edited by BrownLeader