Jets @ Colts Thursday Night

jetfuel34

Not ready to knight White as the answer at QB because of a dink and dunk game in which an otherwise good defense fell asleep on. Otherwise if White were the answer why give up another draft choice for a starting caliber QB only to hand the reigns to White who has been nothing short of an afterthought on 5 different teams. 

Will I take another win? Sure, but the Colts will not be asleep like the Bengals were, they will look at the tape and adjust the defense to stop the Jets from going on a streak. Look for Flacco to enter the game sometime in the second quarter or even earlier after White comes down to earth.

The Jets can still win this game, but Flacco will be under center.

Biggest concern I have is seeing how we play now that the colts are going to try and shutdown the short passing game. Can Mike adjust and hit stuff down field or will he be too limited. Prior to past week the Jets threw a ton of deep stuff so I'm sure the Bengals were at least a little surprised by the gameplan. The colts won't be.

1 hour ago, drew39k said:

Biggest concern I have is seeing how we play now that the colts are going to try and shutdown the short passing game. Can Mike adjust and hit stuff down field or will he be too limited. Prior to past week the Jets threw a ton of deep stuff so I'm sure the Bengals were at least a little surprised by the gameplan. The colts won't be.

Mike White did throw some balls over 15 yards in the Pats and Cinn games. I think he will be fine on the deep throws. It looks like his are is just strong enough to make those throws. 

1 hour ago, drew39k said:

The question is did LaFleur call those deep shots or was Zach looking deep and running out of time to hit the short gimme.  Tough to answer.  I am curious to see White's deep game.  We know he can hit the 1-15 yd. passes, how will he be hitting the 20+ yd passes.  I guess we shall see.  As always, it will come down to the OL giving him time. 

1 minute ago, xrade said:

The question is did LaFleur call those deep shots or was Zach looking deep and running out of time to hit the short gimme.  Tough to answer.  I am curious to see White's deep game.  We know he can hit the 1-15 yd. passes, how will he be hitting the 20+ yd passes.  I guess we shall see.  As always, it will come down to the OL giving him time. 

The OL has been giving time is just that Wilson is sooooooooooo sssssslllllllllooooooooooowwwwwww on getting rid of the ball. I read an article where White is getting rid of the ball almost a full second fast than Wilson. White can read an NFL D and Wilson can't read a high school D. 

2 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

The OL has been giving time is just that Wilson is sooooooooooo sssssslllllllllooooooooooowwwwwww on getting rid of the ball. I read an article where White is getting rid of the ball almost a full second fast than Wilson. White can read an NFL D and Wilson can't read a high school D. 

Thats a bit rough; comparing a 4 year player to a rookie.  White got rid of the ball quickly because he was throwing a ton of underneath stuff.  There were very few long developing shots down the field.  The question is can Zach do the same.  Right now it is difficult to answer because he hasn't, but is that on the play calling or Zach?  We all agree that Zach sitting for the moment should help him, but to criticize his reading of the D with only 5 games under his belt it is tad harsh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xrade said:

Thats a bit rough; comparing a 4 year player to a rookie.  White got rid of the ball quickly because he was throwing a ton of underneath stuff.  There were very few long developing shots down the field.  The question is can Zach do the same.  Right now it is difficult to answer because he hasn't, but is that on the play calling or Zach?  We all agree that Zach sitting for the moment should help him, but to criticize his reading of the D with only 5 games under his belt it is tad harsh.

For all the hype and how great he is suppose to be you should see at least some improvements. All I see in those 5 games is the same or even got worse than where he started. No one is going to convince me he is the guy for this team. The only way I will be convinced is if Zach starts to play the game like a real NFL QB. He MUST cut down on the INTS and he has not. He MUST do better ball placement and he as done worse as the more games he plays. Wilson MUST get rid of the ball fast but instead holds it for a long period of time. He MUST make better decisions on who is open and this getting a lot worse. When I saw that Pats game live and saw sometimes 2 guys open he threw into double or single coverage. I was so mad when I saw this. I mean come on it is not that hard to throw to an open guy. It seems he looks down field all the time. When Mike White stepped in during the Pats game cold he was seeing the open guys and hitting them. I hope Wilson is the franchise QB but I no longer do the hope thing with this team. They have burned me way too much on hope. I want results and Wilson has put up nothing that I can see so far. You have to REALLY dig deep to find something. I'm no longer digging deep. Even when the Jets are way down and the D is playing soft he still can't pad his own stats. These are the facts I go by.  

On 11/3/2021 at 9:47 AM, drew39k said:

Yeah White is going to have to adjust, because the Bengals never did and they gave him every short completion he wanted and we killed them with Yards after the catch.

No way the Colts do the same, they are going to be all over the screens and dinks and dunks.  Gonna have to beat them in the intermediate and maybe a long ball or two

16 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Yeah White is going to have to adjust, because the Bengals never did and they gave him every short completion he wanted and we killed them with Yards after the catch.

No way the Colts do the same, they are going to be all over the screens and dinks and dunks.  Gonna have to beat them in the intermediate and maybe a long ball or two

I agree. But Indy's D isn't as good as people think. They've played a few weak teams and still sit middle of the pack in both rush D and pass D. So it's not exactly a really strong group that we should struggle against. Indy has the better front 7. But Cincy for example had a better secondary.

Meaning we should be able to score and take what the defense gives us. Indy will try and control the clock with Taylor though I bet. 

This Colts team is not that good. They had 1 win at the 49ers and that win is not that great. I think the Jets have a really good chance to win this game. I like how this team is getting guys back almost ever week to improve this team. I still think Mike White will be a very good QB. You just don't put up numbers like that against a top 10 D without being at least average. He did a lot of things that most QB's have NEVER done in their first start. 

On a side note I see the Jets added John Beck to the O room who is Wilson go to guy. I find this move very strange. Does this mean he does not trust is QB coach? Are you getting scared and reaching for whatever to improve Wilson to see if it helps? I think if Mike White does well these next few games Wilson will be on the bench were he belongs. I think JD and Saleh are smart enough to know if White is better you play him and admit you made a mistake on taking Wilson. This would make me feel batter as a fan because they want to play the best people period to win. 

22 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

This Colts team is not that good. They had 1 win at the 49ers and that win is not that great. I think the Jets have a really good chance to win this game. I like how this team is getting guys back almost ever week to improve this team. I still think Mike White will be a very good QB. You just don't put up numbers like that against a top 10 D without being at least average. He did a lot of things that most QB's have NEVER done in their first start. 

On a side note I see the Jets added John Beck to the O room who is Wilson go to guy. I find this move very strange. Does this mean he does not trust is QB coach? Are you getting scared and reaching for whatever to improve Wilson to see if it helps? I think if Mike White does well these next few games Wilson will be on the bench were he belongs. I think JD and Saleh are smart enough to know if White is better you play him and admit you made a mistake on taking Wilson. This would make me feel batter as a fan because they want to play the best people period to win. 

I agree. But they also have been in every game pretty much as well. Didn't get blown out by the very good teams they've played either. 

Stopping the run is essential tonight. I want to see Foley and Lawson getting a lot of early down snaps. That being said…we really need JFM to wake up from whatever post contract slumber he’s been in. Just be disruptive, we need some sort of pass rush. Would love to see Zuniga build on having a solid showing last week too.

Mosley and Davis at LB are a major difference. QW(Lb) plays super hard and I love that but he’s raw and has a way to go. Solid backup and STer. Worth continuing to coach up.

Hall and Echols are up for the challenge to contain Pittman. Need a much better effort from Davis, that boy was a nightmare last week. 

On offense I just hope we continue to run the football APPROPRIATELY, like we did for the first time last week. Get Carter into space. Would love for Moore to make a difference today. Showed signs last week but both our RBs out produced him in the passing game as did Crowder. At some point he’s going to have to show us why he’s playing or give the snaps to somebody else. 

I would just like to see Mike White find his targets and just play his game. Don’t try to be a hero, just do what is being asked and it should go a long way to putting us in position to have a chance to win in the 4th quarter. 

I think we fall short tonight but in a competitive game.

27-20 Indy

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

On a side note I see the Jets added John Beck to the O room who is Wilson go to guy. I find this move very strange.

I think it is the Jets doing everything they can to improve their young players.  I am sure other teams do similar things but I have no proof.  The point is that JD has added a lot to help this team in every facet like adding to the medical and training aspects.  I applaud the team doing what they think will help these young players mature into good FB players.  With LaFleur now in the booth, it gives an extra set of eyes and wisdom on the sideline.  I am certain Beck will help all the QB's not just Zach.  There is no downside.

• Like 1