Aaron Rodgers Tests Positive for COVID

CWood21

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Wife and I decided not to as we're in the process of trying to start a family.

Okay that's your personal choice and what not but there are options like the vaccine readily available to you and you chose, for personal reasons, to not get it. In my opinion, you put yourself in that situation to rack up the hospital bills. My case happened in April of 2020 and I took the measures I needed to to avoid that exact situation. 

• Like 4

Just now, Packer_ESP said:

Haha sorry about that, rereading it came off more aggressive than I meant. What I wanted to say is - I agree with the poster above that the American healthcare system is criminal, but as you said, you shouldn't let that affect your health choices. COVID is a worldwide problem, you can definitely check what other countries are doing to get more information about what works and what doesn't.

Health care is absolutely bull**** here. But I just don't see how that converts to alternative treatments over vax... Or whatever he's trying to say. I think he just thinks we shouldn't be so opposed, but I just feel like there's such a lower amount of proof in all that other bull****, than there is in the vax. But some people want to believe they're such smart free thinking amazing people that can't handle that others, professionals, can know more than them. Even though they had listened to them THEIR ENTIRE LIVES before this

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

How about the science behind it? I have no ******* clue what the CDC says because I don't pay attention to that nonsense. However, I do listen to the science behind the vaccinations and how they work and don't have automatic distrust in anything ever because life simply isn't that black or white. I live in the grey areas and I don't automatically assume that because one thing is ****ed that another will be.

Lol literally thought this was my post at first after the CDC line that I had just used

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Okay that's your personal choice and what not but there are options like the vaccine readily available to you and you chose, for personal reasons, to not get it. In my opinion, you put yourself in that situation to rack up the hospital bills. My case happened in April of 2020 and I took the measures I needed to to avoid that exact situation. 

most common sense people can understand that if your body is your choice, so are the outcomes. 

• Like 2

Just now, HokieHigh said:

most common sense people can understand that if your body is your choice, so are the outcomes. 

I do agree. I've not once said anyone that doesn't get the vaccines is an idiot. I will however call you an idiot if you spout the nonsense that Aaron did today. There's a difference. My brother, whom I live with, isn't vaccinated. I've never once shunned him for it nor will I. My dad and two sisters aren't either. I still went to see them on the 4th of July. It's your choice but you need to be ready to live by the consequences of your choices. That's really all there is to it.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

The American healthcare system is a huge criminal conspiracy. So there should be no surprise at vaccine hesitancy or being skeptical of big pharma that have ruined loads of lives off their greed.

I'm pro-Vax but I totally get where people are coming from who may not be. 

We've done ourselves absolutely no favors in this regard, absolutely. This pandemic will be a real-life example of crying wolf in children's books going forward.

"Once upon a time for-profit medicine convinced the population that opioids were needed. The population then got addicted to them and everyone became skeptical. Then a pandemic hit, and the for-profit medicine institution told everyone they needed the vaccine. It turns out they actually needed the vaccine." 

• Like 2

Just now, beekay414 said:

Correct, I understand that. You're pointing the finger at the individual and not the system taking advantage of them though. That's effed to me. My wife gave me Covid, she got it from a breakthrough case from a coworker. We should be offering the best treatment to people, not worrying about who got a vaccine after they are already sick.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I do agree. I've not once said anyone that doesn't get the vaccines is an idiot. I will however call you an idiot if you spout the nonsense that Aaron did today. There's a difference. My brother, whom I live with, isn't vaccinated. I've never once shunned him for it nor will I. My dad and two sisters aren't either. I still went to see them on the 4th of July. It's your choice but you need to be ready to live by the consequences of your choices. That's really all there is to it.

I agree 100%. Choices come with consequences either way you look at it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

We've done ourselves absolutely no favors in this regard, absolutely. This pandemic will be a real-life example of crying wolf in children's books going forward.

"Once upon a time for-profit medicine convinced the population that opioids were needed. The population then got addicted to them and everyone became skeptical. Then a pandemic hit, and the for-profit medicine institution told everyone they needed the vaccine. It turns out they actually needed the vaccine." 

not just the same industry - literally the same company.

11 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

The American healthcare system is a huge criminal conspiracy. So there should be no surprise at vaccine hesitancy or being skeptical of big pharma that have ruined loads of lives off their greed.

This statement would have more merit if the vaccine cost to the patient was substantial - it's not - and the data supports the vaccines success in preventing illness - or preventing serious illness. 

If it was some huge conspiracy - the healthcare system would welcome people lined up at the hospitals.

Everybody should be "hesitant" about going to the hospital. I'll agree that the American healthcare system is overly expensive - but thats primarily because of less government intervention. That said, the ACA is a valuable healthcare tool to millions of Americans.

Our "Corporate Capture" government has a hard time freeing itself from the special interests which fight to prevent or curb government involvement.

Edited by Leader

4 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Yeah but when your choices have consequences, you get to go and do a 46 minutes interview that will be seen by millions about being cancelled

• Like 1