(Poll) Predict the Final 9 Games W-L Record & Post-OBJ Move Offensive Predictions

Empire Lies

(Poll) Predict the Final 9 Games W-L Record. Post-OBJ Move Baker & Browns Offense Predictions  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What's the Win-Loss Record for the Final 9 games the Rest of the Season?

2. 2. Does the OBJ move elevate Baker and the Offense now that everyone's backs are against the wall?

• No, the offense and Baker will regress
    • No, the offense and Baker will be better because of reasons unrelated to OBJ being gone (i.e., Baker shoulder getting healthier, OLine getting healthy, coaching improving, opponent defense quality,  coaches/Baker feeling more motivated)?
    • Yes, the offense and Baker will be better directly because of OBJ being gone
  3. 3. Did Andrew Berry Make the Right Move By Cutting OBJ at this Point in the Season?

• No, he should've waited until the offseason to get something
    • Yes, he made the right move now

What's the Win-Loss Record for the Rest of the Season?

Does the OBJ move elevate Baker Mayfield and the Offense to new heights?

Or, is that Baker and the offense elevate for reasons mostly unrelated to OBJ being cut (i.e., Baker shoulder getting healthier, OLine getting healthy, coaching improving, opponent defense quality,  coaches/Baker feeling more motivated)?

Will guys in the locker room start to turn on Baker Mayfield if his play falls off?

---

Final 9 Games:

WK DATE OPPONENT TIME TV TICKETS
9 Sun, Nov 7 1:00 PM
CBS
Tickets as low as $126 
10 Sun, Nov 14 1:00 PM
CBS
Tickets as low as $136 
11 Sun, Nov 21 1:00 PM
FOX
Tickets as low as $68 
12 Sun, Nov 28 8:20 PM
NBC
Tickets as low as $77 
13 BYE WEEK
14 Sun, Dec 12 1:00 PM
CBS
Tickets as low as $60 
15 Sun, Dec 19 TBD   Tickets as low as $46 
16 Sat, Dec 25 4:30 PM
FOX
NFL NET
Tickets as low as $100 
17 Mon, Jan 3 8:15 PM

espn-red@2x.png
Tickets as low as $77 
18 Sun, Jan 9 1:00 PM
CBS
Tickets as low as $57 

Edited by Empire Lies

I see us going 4-5 or 5-4. I think based on our strengths and weaknesses we are a .500 level team right now. Lions are a gimme (or should be). Split with Cincinnati, win the other Pittsburgh game, lose 1 or both to the hated Ravens. I hate it but unless we improving some obvious areas that’s how I’m reading things. I can’t see us standing a chance against Green Bay. The patriots are a winnable game and on a good day I think we could  be competitive against the Raiders. 

Edited by NateDawg

5-4 - just b/c I believe in the scenario where Stefanksi, Van Pelt, and Baker rally while up against it. They are ultra motivated. I want to believe the guys in the locker room will rally around Baker, but it could go left if he doesn't elevate his play.

Wins - Lions, New England, Steelers (Split), Bengals (Split), Ravens (Split)

Losses - Packers, Raiders, Bengals (Split), Ravens (Split)

-----

The defenses that the Browns face in the 2nd half fall off in quality some.

I wonder if a  10 or 9 win team will make it into the playoffs 

Browns have to get this Bengals game or at least compete and have the guys rally around Baker or this season could take a wild turn that sees only 2 or 3 wins left to get.

Edited by Empire Lies

Sorry guys on paper we have one of the worst wide receivers core 

This means Chubb is going to face 8and 9 man fronts 

Cincinnati is a good test they out drafted us and there defensive end has more sacks then Clowney major wife on Berrys part.

Defense this team put 40 on us last year than drafted the best wide receiver in the 

Nfl.

Defense double landry let everyone else 

Try to beat you.

I don’t like that there isn’t an option for the offense to regress regardless of the OBJ stuff. He was and has been pretty much a non factor since his injury last year.

I do think our offense regresses though because of the relative defensive strengths of our upcoming opponents and the distractions/injuries that make the whole system a lot harder to run at full power.  I say we grab 3 or 4 more wins this season, with Baker eventually sitting due to further injury. 

Next season will undoubtedly be much better with how well this team performs with no expectations. 

• Like 1

I think the passing offense becomes more efficient without OBJ.  Timing improves, Baker spreads the ball around, etc.  I think this because that’s what’s happened pretty much every time this team hasn’t had OBJ for 4 seasons.

That said, tougher defenses, injuries, etc., could easily be a problem and have nothing to do with Baker or OBJ.

I do think there are issues besides OBJ that need to be corrected.  They need to start attacking downfield more, and more effectively.  Receivers need to start making plays, breaking tackles, finding ways to get in the end zone. We need the injuries to slow tf down.  We need solid play from Hance.

Lastly, this is going to be a test for Stefanski.  This is a burning pile of ish to be tossed in a team’s lap midseason, but you’ve gotta get this team on the same page and move past it. He needs to coach his arse off the next few weeks in particular and get some wins stacked up as winning is the best chance of making this go away.  If we keep losing, it’s gonna get ugly.  

1 hour ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I don’t like that there isn’t an option for the offense to regress regardless of the OBJ stuff. He was and has been pretty much a non factor since his injury last year.

Ah ... missed that one in thread creation haste ... That's a good and fair point.

Would've been interesting to see opinions coalesce around either regression due to OBJ being gone (probably only a handful of ppl if any) and regression due to non-OBJ factors (likely more ppl in this camp)The offense can definitely regress for reasons unrelated to OBJ

1 hour ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I do think our offense regresses though because of the relative defensive strengths of our upcoming opponents and the distractions/injuries that make the whole system a lot harder to run at full power. 

I don't know.

Both the Lions and Ravens Defensive Ratings is at the bottom of the league (27th Lions - 24th Ravens). The Ravens defense isn't good this year, but Wink Martindale and their defense has had some standout games on the high end (like against Justin Herbert) so they can definitely bring it on an individual game basis though overall they've been cheeks.

Green Bay's defense isn't world beater status either at 22nd.

That's 4 games at least where there's plays to be made.

The Bengals just spread cheeks to the Mike White Jets and gave up the most offense in the league this year in that game. So, I don't know if that's just an outlier or sign of where there headed.

Will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

There's some "get right" games upcoming where we face defenses at the bottom of DVOA Defensive Ratings. That will help.

Also, the Stefanksi offense thrives as the season goes on and defensive injuries of opponents continue to pile up leaving teams susceptible to being gashed and controlled by the Browns rushing attack.

• Like 1