Mike McGlinchey out for the season

Forge

14 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Yikes. If the 49ers lose their next game it's (mathematically) time to put the rookie in and tank/see what they got. This is a lost season for SF.

They probably still won't. Should have just done it from the start. Legitimately confused by whatever the hell it was that Shanny was doing this year. Pretty much every way he's handled something and every decision he's made this year has been an unmitigated disaster lol 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

They probably still won't. Should have just done it from the start. Legitimately confused by whatever the hell it was that Shanny was doing this year. Pretty much every way he's handled something and every decision he's made this year has been an unmitigated disaster lol 

Yeah, it's been a bizarre year. I am hearing folks actually saying if he doesn't have a better year next year that he could be gone at the end of '22. I think he's the right guy and needs to be kept, but what a turnaround of public perception in such a short time.

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Yeah, it's been a bizarre year. I am hearing folks actually saying if he doesn't have a better year next year that he could be gone at the end of '22. I think he's the right guy and needs to be kept, but what a turnaround of public perception in such a short time.

Fire Shanahan after his handpicked QB finishes his first season starting in that particular offense...sounds dumb. 

41 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Fire Shanahan after his handpicked QB finishes his first season starting in that particular offense...sounds dumb. 

It would be year two. The team has looked bad this year with Jimmy G and terrible with the rookie. And again, for the record, I still wouldn't fire him at that point (though would at the end of '23 if it was all the same).

49ers should trade Shannahan before firing him if it comes to that unless you can't do that anymore.

There's no way a team wouldn't trade for him.

I think McGlinchey was the coin flip pick with the Raiders and both bay area teams wanted him. 49ers took him and Raiders moved down with Cards who took Rosen (lol) then we got Kolton and just constantly wished his rookie year he was Mike. Turns out Kolton developed into a decent tackle.

Edited by Trojan

6 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

It would be year two. The team has looked bad this year with Jimmy G and terrible with the rookie. And again, for the record, I still wouldn't fire him at that point (though would at the end of '23 if it was all the same).

It would be Lance's 2nd year as a pro, but his first heading into the season as a starter with all of the reps with the first team offense. I already expect next season to be an up and down one with Lance, and if he doesn't pop off like dynamite that shouldn't be a shock. If at the end of his 2nd year of starting (end of 2023 season) he's not progressing, well then there is a problem, and Kyle probably doesn't make it along with Lynch. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Yikes. If the 49ers lose their next game it's (mathematically) time to put the rookie in and tank/see what they got. This is a lost season for SF.

They traded next year's first for Lance already, so tanking isn't an option

Edited by jonnguy2015

14 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

They traded next year's first for Lance already, so tanking isn't an option

It's not tanking. It's giving him experience/time for growth so when he gets the job next year, he is at a better position to succeed. Because they don't have the 2023 pick either. 

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

It's not tanking. It's giving him experience/time for growth so when he gets the job next year, he is at a better position to succeed. Because they don't have the 2023 pick either. 

NT specifically mentioned tanking so I just wanted to point that out. Otherwise I agree though