39 members have voted

1. 1. Which should be the GOTW?

• #6 Clemson @ #20 NC State
    • #8 Oklahoma @ #11 Oklahoma State
    • #19 LSU @ #1 Alabama
    • #13 Virginia Tech @ #9 Miami

26 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

why do any of you give a **** about this

it's an arbitrary top whatever with 6 weeks still left. literally half the top 10 is guaranteed one more loss

this **** will work itself out

And the committee knows that so they use the first rankings to make a point on encouraging SOS.

Using this expression unironically is muy mal, but this is a nothingburger tbh.

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

WOW. Going to have to disagree hard with the bolded. This committee just has 0 consistency. I mean honestly that would probably be my 4 if you wanted me to tell you the 4 best teams right now, and while that is what the CFP is supposed to go off on, when have they ever? They've put emphasis into resume more than anything up to this point. Do we think they've actually changed, or since it's just their first poll and doesn't mean much they are being more loose with the rankings?

What exactly do you believe should be the top 10?

54 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

also lmaaaaoooooo what

Huh???

All I said was Cuse played LSU tough in Baton Rouge. The same LSU team that beat a very good Auburn team at home. Am I right? Again, I don’t think ND is that far ahead of Miami. Oh well, Miami can use that as motivation and beat ND when they face each other.

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

How is ND 3rd and Miami 10th?

The gap isn’t that big between the two. I get style points but Miami beat a Cuse team that went into Baton Baton Rouge and played them tough (LSU went to Florida and won and beat a very good Auburn team at home) then Cuse beat Clemson. Miami went on the road and won a tough rivalry game against FSU then beat a good GT team in pour conditions in the 4th quarter. What Miami showed is through injury they still play great defense and has a clutch QB when the game is on the line. The good thing is Miami can prove they are better when the play ND in a few weeks.

Aside from being undefeated, what exactly does Miami have going for them?  They've got a weak OOC schedule, and they've won their last four games by a combined 4.5 points.  That's not exactly a resume that's overly impressive.  While Notre Dame's schedule isn't anything impressive, they have wins over Michigan State (#24), USC (#17), and NC State (#20).  That's 3 wins over top 25 teams, compared to none for Miami.  And their lone loss was to the #1 team, Georgia.  That's about as good a loss as you can have.

33 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Aside from being undefeated, what exactly does Miami have going for them?  They've got a weak OOC schedule, and they've won their last four games by a combined 4.5 points.  That's not exactly a resume that's overly impressive.  While Notre Dame's schedule isn't anything impressive, they have wins over Michigan State (#24), USC (#17), and NC State (#20).  That's 3 wins over top 25 teams, compared to none for Miami.  And their lone loss was to the #1 team, Georgia.  That's about as good a loss as you can have.

Miami wins haven’t been a fluke. They are great defensively and in clutch situations they have a QB in Rosier that makes plays to win football games. This team is doing what FSU did 4 years ago with Winston. That FSU team played seemingly every game close and Winston would come through in the clutch to win the football game. The only difference is the committee viewed that team differently because they came off of a national championship and they started the year ranked number one. Miami isn’t getting any respect even though again we know they are playing great defense and have a QB who is big time in clutch situations. 

Just now, catcheryea said:

well, no

How? Many people think Auburn is a very good team and they lost to LSU in Baton Rouge. LSU shut an explosive Auburn offense down in the 2nd half. They also did enough on offense against a very good Auburn defense. I have no idea what you are talking about.

10 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

How? Many people think Auburn is a very good team and they lost to LSU in Baton Rouge. LSU shut an explosive Auburn offense down in the 2nd half. They also did enough on offense against a very good Auburn defense. I have no idea what you are talking about.

? LSU DIDN'T SHUT DOWN AUBURN GUS MALZAHN DID

16 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Miami wins haven’t been a fluke. They are great defensively and in clutch situations they have a QB in Rosier that makes plays to win football games. This team is doing what FSU did 4 years ago with Winston. That FSU team played seemingly every game close and Winston would go through in the clutch to win the football game. The only difference is the committee viewed that team differently because they came off of a national championship and they started the year ranked number one. Miami isn’t getting any respect even though again we know they are playing great defense and have a QB who is big time in clutch situations. 

I'm not saying their wins are a fluke.  All I've said is that aside from being undefeated, they really don't have any strong arguments for them.  They played a weak OOC schedule, and in terms of recent play they've been lackluster at best.  Having Wisconsin and Miami at 9 and 10 respectively, they're consistent with their rankings in that sense.

8 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

? LSU DIDN'T SHUT DOWN AUBURN GUS MALZAHN DID

LSU shut down Auburn. I know you don’t want to give LSU defense credit but the throws Auburn QB was making in the first half, he wasn’t making them in the second half. Why? Because of LSU defense. It’s funny though because if Auburn was still playing well in the second half nobody would be blaming the coach even with the same gameplan. I don’t buy that for a second. LSU defense played like everyone thought it should be playing and Auburn didn’t stand a chance. Same could be said for Ole Miss and what LSU defense did to them too.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not saying their wins are a fluke.  All I've said is that aside from being undefeated, they really don't have any strong arguments for them.  They played a weak OOC schedule, and in terms of recent play they've been lackluster at best.  Having Wisconsin and Miami at 9 and 10 respectively, they're consistent with their rankings in that sense.

Oh I wasn’t implying you thought it was a fluke. I was just saying in general. I know Miami hasn’t played the schedule of ND but still I don’t think the gap is that big. I think ND should be ranked above Miami as of right now but not 3rd and Miami 10th. I personally think the committee did this in a smallish way to get people talking. Nobody gave a second thought to ND being 3rd. Things will sort itself out in the upcoming weeks. 

Archived