Dalvin Cook Faces Assault, Battery, False Imprisonment Lawsuit

incognito_man

Not going to speculate in a he said she said situation. 

More curious as to how this effects his playing status. Wonder if the Vikings do anything or if the NFL will step in. Considering this is a civil suit much like Watson, I imagine it will be up to Minnesota to do anything. 

• Like 1

Just now, Deadpulse said:

More curious as to how this effects his playing status. Wonder if the Vikings do anything or if the NFL will step in. Considering this is a civil suit much like Watson, I imagine it will be up to Minnesota to do anything. 

I imagine nothing will happen for awhile, if ever. It very well might be settled out of court as well. I suspect both parties may be interested in that option.

20 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

18 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I imagine nothing will happen for awhile, if ever. It very well might be settled out of court as well. I suspect both parties may be interested in that option.

Given it's a civil action, there's nothing happening here for this season.   Criminal charges, different story.

Keep in mind the text is from her - it can't be confirmed yet just from that screen shot if it's Cook.   That's easy to confirm if it's him or not (much like AB's emails to his trainer were able to be confirmed).   On the flip side, if Cook's version that she entered his residence unlawfully is correct, as crazy as it sounds, he can argue self-defence (which if true, is likely why criminal charges weren't in play yet).    It's ugly ALL the way around - but this is yet another case where the whole process needs to play out.

From a football perspective, there's zero 2021 impact without criminal charges.    2022 offseason, different story.  But much like the Von Miller case (where his ex-GF alleged DV while she was pregnant, then recanted, DA's office closed the criminal case, nothing happened) - this kinda needs to play out, beyond the sensationalism.    The layers to this case are already incredibly more complex than even a "typical" civil suit (which are never straightforward).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 6

47 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

If those texts are real…it’s his word against his word. 

39 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

On the flip side, if Cook's version that she entered his residence unlawfully is correct

The article also says he gave her a ride to the airport afterwards too.

Sounds like it would be best if they never contacted each other again.

• Like 1