Dalvin Cook Faces Assault, Battery, False Imprisonment Lawsuit

incognito_man

9 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Interesting to see how swift any action from the NFL or the Vikings will be.

Not sure with how the Watson situation has played out, both being civil cases. Many fans didn’t want the extension. I hated the pick on draft day given the character questions and here we are.

57 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

then it is 2 biased parties' word against 1 biased party's word + documented conversations

The guest in the house was also attacked supposedly. So he’s potentially a victim too. But nothing criminal yet so I don’t know what to make of the situation. What we know is she shouldn’t have been there and was trespassing.

Edited by vikingsrule

13 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

The guest in the house was also attacked supposedly. So he’s potentially a victim too. But nothing criminal yet so I don’t know what to make of the situation. What we know is she shouldn’t have been there and was trespassing.

we know that Cook has alleged that she was trespassing

28 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Not sure with how the Watson situation has played out, both being civil cases. 

The difference is that the Texans shelved Watson for the foreseeable future and are actively shopping him for trade. Once it's hinted Watson will play, the league will step in accordingly.

Cook isn't shelved, that's going to change the situation on this one. 

36 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Is it me or are cases like this disproportionately occuring with the running back position?

Football is a team sport…with the exception of WR and a lesser degree RB. WR is pretty much…dummy go run and catch the ball. RB is pretty much…dummy go run the ball. I think part of it is the responsibilities of those positions don’t require much team work so players at those positions can afford to be narcissists. They are also premium positions that get attention which further fuels narcissism throughout high school, college, and the NFL. I also think that RB and WR probably can afford to have some of the lower IQs on the field. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ET80 said:

The difference is that the Texans shelved Watson for the foreseeable future and are actively shopping him for trade. Once it's hinted Watson will play, the league will step in accordingly.

Cook isn't shelved, that's going to change the situation on this one. 

The Vikes haven’t had a chance yet to react since this just broke so will see what the response is. This is reminiscent of Adrian Peterson so if history repeats itself, I could see the Vikes shelving him.

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Given it's a civil action, there's nothing happening here for this season.   Criminal charges, different story.

Keep in mind the text is from her - it can't be confirmed yet just from that screen shot if it's Cook.   That's easy to confirm if it's him or not (much like AB's emails to his trainer were able to be confirmed).   On the flip side, if Cook's version that she entered his residence unlawfully is correct, as crazy as it sounds, he can argue self-defence (which if true, is likely why criminal charges weren't in play yet).    It's ugly ALL the way around - but this is yet another case where the whole process needs to play out.

From a football perspective, there's zero 2021 impact without criminal charges.    2022 offseason, different story.  But much like the Von Miller case (where his ex-GF alleged DV while she was pregnant, then recanted, DA's office closed the criminal case, nothing happened) - this kinda needs to play out, beyond the sensationalism.    The layers to this case are already incredibly more complex than even a "typical" civil suit (which are never straightforward).

If she entered his residence unlawfully, she's the one getting arrested and losing her rank as a sergeant and going to the brig.