2021 Week Ten GDT Da Steelers host Da Lions! Oh my!!!

Steeler Hitman

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Both years are voidable at no extra cap hit.

See I know thevEagles had reworked his contract but didn’t know it was kinda like Schoberts(big cap number but easily cuttable with little to no dead $$$)

6 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

We need an infusion of talent all along the defense. We need a good Dlinemen, potentially 2 ILBs, and a CB. It's a good thing we'll probably have a decent draft pick because 2/3 of those positions will cost a premium pick. We need to knock the next draft out and be active in the FA market to truly improve this team. Alualu is probably done after the year. Tuitt is a question mark. Heyward, while absolutely amazing, isn't getting any younger. I have hopes for Loudermilk, but not that big of hopes. Bush and Scho look terrible. Haden is a high level CB, but he's old. The offense is fair, but obviously needs a QB(my hope is that Haskins can be that next year, but that's pie in the sky). The defense needs a lot of work. They're a top unit, but how much longer can we hold it together with duct tape?

You need at least....Edge depth/DL depth/1 ILB/1CB/possibly a SS...and that’s the minimum.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

We need an infusion of talent all along the defense. We need a good Dlinemen, potentially 2 ILBs, and a CB. It's a good thing we'll probably have a decent draft pick because 2/3 of those positions will cost a premium pick. We need to knock the next draft out and be active in the FA market to truly improve this team. Alualu is probably done after the year. Tuitt is a question mark. Heyward, while absolutely amazing, isn't getting any younger. I have hopes for Loudermilk, but not that big of hopes. Bush and Scho look terrible. Haden is a high level CB, but he's old. The offense is fair, but obviously needs a QB(my hope is that Haskins can be that next year, but that's pie in the sky). The defense needs a lot of work. They're a top unit, but how much longer can we hold it together with duct tape?

The whole team needs an infusion of talent:

QB - Need a new one; RB - Needs a COP back and a quality backup; WR - Needs "oh ****" speed; TE - Needs Ebron gone; OT - Need 2 (Dan Moore has allowed the most sacks at LT and is just bad despite "flashes"); OG - need a RG, maybe even a LG; OC - I think Green long term is an interior swing backup; DL - need a NT, LDE, and Loudermilk to have a year; OLB - need to figure out this backup crap and actually get a rotation; ILB - Why hasn't Buddy Johnson dressed, get all new; CB - entire DC needs revamped; SS - can upgrade from Edwards easily; FS - needs to lock up Minkah; K&P - We set.

What a year to have all our mid-round picks traded away for people not even on the team.  At least we have enough cap for 1 or 2 of these guys.  Can't wait for Ben, Juju, Ebron, and a few other cap hits from 'fake years" to accelerate and take away all this camp some think we have.

Buckle up for a long 3-4 years guys.  With or without Tomlin this team is in for a rebuild.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AFF said:

See I know thevEagles had reworked his contract but didn’t know it was kinda like Schoberts(big cap number but easily cuttable with little to no dead $$$)

Yea, they basically did what we did with Ben, but beyond the current contract.  They pushed all his guarantees out to future years beyond the current contract of the next two years to buy them not having to restructure the next two years.  If the Eagles traded him they would have like $22mil in dead money next year.  I can see why they so overpriced him then.  They wanted to be compensated for taking on all that money.

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

So Ben goes out Saturday and it’s ok to not help the backup be ready on short notice? No that’s kinda a **** move. On top of that why doesn’t Ben go to the backup when he comes off the field? He’s always going to Dobbs to look at game film. 

You’re delusional if you think there was ANYTHING Ben could have done that would have changed anything with Mason yesterday. Mason sucks, that’s not Ben’s fault. And like the dude was symptomatic with Covid lol. You clearly have an agenda here and you’re reaching.

Your additional “evidence” that Ben doesn’t want Mason to succeed is he doesn’t consult with him on the sidelines? Do you blame him for consulting with the literal genius sitting on the sideline over Mason freaking Rudolph. Wtf is Mason going to do for Ben during a game 😂

1 minute ago, bigben07MVP said:

You’re delusional if you think there was ANYTHING Ben could have done that would have changed anything with Mason yesterday. Mason sucks, that’s not Ben’s fault. And like the dude was symptomatic with Covid lol. You clearly have an agenda here and you’re reaching.

Your additional “evidence” that Ben doesn’t want Mason to succeed is he doesn’t consult with him on the sidelines? Do you blame him for consulting with the literal genius sitting on the sideline over Mason freaking Rudolph. Wtf is Mason going to do for Ben during a game 😂

Could have helped him with reviewing the game plans, talking about tells, helping him see where in the Lions defense there should be kill calls.  

I honestly think it's more delusional to think that Ben's input could have had 0 impact.  Could Ben's help make Mason's passing suddenly better? NO.  But could Ben's help have helped Mason see the defense better ahead of time? Absolutely.

Frankly I find it near laughable that so many want to steadfastly defend Ben more and more the more and more obvious it is that it's time to move on from him for multiple reasons.

Yes, talking with Dobbs on the sideline is fine.  Not sharing what you saw with the guy who is a single hit away from entering the game? That's not great.

5 hours ago, warfelg said:

The whole team needs an infusion of talent:

QB - Need a new one; RB - Needs a COP back and a quality backup; WR - Needs "oh ****" speed; TE - Needs Ebron gone; OT - Need 2 (Dan Moore has allowed the most sacks at LT and is just bad despite "flashes"); OG - need a RG, maybe even a LG; OC - I think Green long term is an interior swing backup; DL - need a NT, LDE, and Loudermilk to have a year; OLB - need to figure out this backup crap and actually get a rotation; ILB - Why hasn't Buddy Johnson dressed, get all new; CB - entire DC needs revamped; SS - can upgrade from Edwards easily; FS - needs to lock up Minkah; K&P - We set.

What a year to have all our mid-round picks traded away for people not even on the team.  At least we have enough cap for 1 or 2 of these guys.  Can't wait for Ben, Juju, Ebron, and a few other cap hits from 'fake years" to accelerate and take away all this camp some think we have.

Buckle up for a long 3-4 years guys.  With or without Tomlin this team is in for a rebuild.

Essentially what I was saying earlier in the thread.

This team is more than just a few tweaks away.  

1 minute ago, 43M said:

Essentially what I was saying earlier in the thread.

This team is more than just a few tweaks away.  

I’ve been in and out all season. Got promoted and moved and trying to start a new location of a business has stressed the living daylights out of me. I musta missed you saying that. But yeah, it’s tiring hearing the “one tweak away” lines. 

30 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I’ve been in and out all season. Got promoted and moved and trying to start a new location of a business has stressed the living daylights out of me. I musta missed you saying that. But yeah, it’s tiring hearing the “one tweak away” lines. 

All good.  It can be said again.

4th post on pg 1 BTW....