Random Thoughts

dll2000

8 hours ago, dll2000 said:

NFL early 2020 - Yes we got a new CBA!!!!  Woot! Woot! Nothing but good times ahead.

2020 says,  Here is Covid and  some very complex, divisive issues that people insist everyone take a clear side on or else.   

Good luck!

Yeah, 2020 has been the worst year that I can remember in my lifetime. 

12 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

BrhwdoW.jpg

Scary thought.  I am constantly surrounded by Canada Geese as I live by a pond.   

I am imagining them cornering me now.   Look Dan, this is going to happen.  Just relax.  Don’t fight it.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I could be reading this wrong and if I am then please tell me. I'm simply only responding based on how I interpret your post.

I don't wanna get off-topic about a subject we can't discuss here but with all due respect dll, this is not about the police sir......it's about wanting to be treated equally as a whole.  The police brutality is just the tipping point.  And I don't see anything wrong with the NFL recognizing that we need a change and using their large platform to help raise awareness to a just cause. 

It's about getting the same opportunities as others.  It's about being able to get a business license in a predominate white city as easy as it is for the next person.  It's about not being denied rental property for your business because of the color of your skin while the property owner is also renting to a Biker club.  It's about being able to walk freely in certain cities, neighborhoods and establishments without being judged and treated differently just because of the color of your skin.  It's about your child not getting bullied in a private school because their one of the very few blacks in the school.  It's about being able to go before a Judge for a relatively petty crime and not having to worry about getting 15 years in a state pen for it.  It's about not getting pulled over for doing 37 in a 35 zone and then having trumped up charges thrown in like "resisting arrest" and "disorderly conduct" for no reason whatsoever all because you call them out on it.  It's about not being being grabbed around the neck and thrown against a wall on the way to the holding cell while you're already in cuffs. 

But I'll stop there and I apologize Cbears/Mike for even taking it here.  I just felt I had to say something is.  I like Dll.  We either just have different views and opinions on things, and that's cool, or I'm misunderstanding his. 

I will just say you forgot to bold the “and society” part of my post.  I made definition of protests as broad as possible to encompass what it may mean to anyone.  

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Scary thought.  I am constantly surrounded by Canada Geese as I live by a pond.   

I am imagining them cornering me now.   Look Dan, this is going to happen.  Just relax.  Don’t fight it.  

This is the perfect/horrible vision. Lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

This is the perfect/horrible vision. Lol

I imagine one of the geese is smoking a cigarette.  As he is threatening me, he drops it and stamps it out with his little web foot.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

I imagine one of the geese is smoking a cigarette.  As he is threatening me, he drops it and stamps it out with his little web foot.

Better yet he snaps his head back and swallows the cigarette. Last thing you hear is, "Hes prettier than the last one." 

• Like 1

At first I was shocked @CBears019 liked my post that involved sodomy, but reading it again that seems like an animal control problem rather than detective work. Well played sir. 

So my wife is finishing the year up and then will be at going for her PharmD. I'll have my MBA finished in December. So now I'm looking at selling off my business and going to work in HR (im not restarting a crew in another city and im sick of being at the mercy of weather like this). Already got an offer for one job but its 3rd shift. Not sure how I feel about that. Any advice on entering that field? 

Edited by Sugashane
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

So now I'm looking at selling off my business and going to work in HR (im not restarting a crew in another city and im sick of being at the mercy of weather like this). Already got an offer for one job but its 3rd shift. Not sure how I feel about that. Any advice on entering that field? 

No advice.

But third shift HR seems odd to me. What's the deal? 

10 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

No advice.

But third shift HR seems odd to me. What's the deal? 

So there is a massive pork plant that goes through about 20,000 pigs a day over 2 shifts. The company that cleans that needs an HR rep, and the cleaning company only can work in the 3rd shift. The Site Manager is pulling over $100K in base salary and if I'm HR then my 6 months of "sanitation experience" is met, so I qualify for the Site Manager Training program. It is a 6 month program too. So potentially I could make significantly bigger money in a year, but it is a pay cut to be the HR guy compared to what I'm use to. 

I just did an interview with him, the Assistant  Site Manager. the Area Manager, and the District Manager. Then did a shadowing  Saw the whole process from their pre-shift management meetings, safety meetings, stretches, cleaning process, and releasing to the plant after inspections were done. It's a damn busy night, but was kind of cool to see. Smell is... different though. Company looks like there is a LOT of potential for advancement. At mlm minimum it gives me time as HR for other companies. 

• Like 1

It’s kinda funny that Brian Piccolo was the subpariest player of all time but will be remembered forever in the history of the nfl because his subpar career was cut short from cancer.