Random Thoughts

dll2000

21 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

My company makes drugs for hospitals so we're still working.   I have the week off, thank god. With people our due to covid, a few people switched shifts(I was working 3rd shift for a month) plus we're working 50 even 60 hour weeks.  Also, I'm going to have gallbladder surgery soon so I'm a little nervous about that even though I was told it's not a big deal.

As far as the Bears go, with Graham and Kmet, Trubisky will have a couple TEs who should help him.  In 2018 Burton was a beast, last year we had next to no TE help.  When our TEs did help last year, we won.  We also could have had 10-12 wins if we had TE help last year.  In 2018 we scored 23 points per game, last year was 16(I could be wrong on those numbers but it's close)  I liked our draft, but I didn't love it.   I wish we addressed O-line earlier than the 7th.  Also, am I the only one getting fed up with Pace giving up future picks during the draft?  He's done that 4 straight years.  Once in  awhile is fine, but he trows draft picks away like they're candy. 

I hope everyone is safe, take care

Thanks for working through this and good luck with the surgery. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I don't have anything concrete on this, so putting it in this thread is probably about all it deserves to see so far.  But, I will just say that the name of the video is: Bears Trade Rumors on JJ Watt...  :o

I'd love JJ but what more does he add? We saw in 2018 that an absolutely elite defense that holds offenses to a TD or two a game is held back by their own inept offense that goes 3 and out every drive.

If they make a big trade it needs to be on offense. OBJ, OJ Howard, anything to get the chains moving.

I don't have anything concrete on this, so putting it in this thread is probably about all it deserves to see so far.  But, I will just say that the name of the video is: Bears Trade Rumors on JJ Watt...  :o

This is asinine garbage. These are nobodies making up rumors on what might make sense. Let me correct myself: these aren't even "rumors." A rumor comes from someone worth a ****. You know what else might make sense? The Bears trading for Watt AND Watson! What a great plan.

These same "rumors" came out before the draft, too. Complete trash.

But, because you asked, Watt is juuust what the Bears need: another defender who makes a ton of money... one who's consistently hurt, at that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

This is asinine garbage. These are nobodies making up rumors on what might make sense. Let me correct myself: these aren't even "rumors." A rumor comes from someone worth a ****. You know what else might make sense? The Bears trading for Watt AND Watson! What a great plan.

These same "rumors" came out before the draft, too. Complete trash.

But, because you asked, Watt is juuust what the Bears need: another defender who makes a ton of money... one who's consistently hurt, at that.

As I alluded to earlier, I don't put much stock in the validity of the "rumor", but thought it was at least something fun to talk about.  My city is burning down, so I thought I'd come in here for a little fun. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

As I alluded to earlier, I don't put much stock in the validity of the "rumor", but thought it was at least something fun to talk about.  My city is burning down, so I thought I'd come in here for a little fun. 

It's insanity piled atop tragedy. But we may have to get used to this sort of thing (as much as any CAN "get used to" such bull****) for a while, as politicians are insuring the virus will remain basically uncontrolled for some time. 

I hate the Vikings but love that city. And have some family there, too. What's going on is terrible. "Let's start rioting during a global pandemic!" Just goes to show idiocy knows no bounds. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

It's insanity piled atop tragedy. But we may have to get used to this sort of thing (as much as any CAN "get used to" such bull****) for a while, as politicians are insuring the virus will remain basically uncontrolled for some time. 

I hate the Vikings but love that city. And have some family there, too. What's going on is terrible. "Let's start rioting during a global pandemic!" Just goes to show idiocy knows no bounds. 

I have my own theories about just why it got as bad as it did last night, but we can't go there on this site so I'll just zip it and stay out of trouble.  Hehehe.

• Like 1

I have my own theories about just why it got as bad as it did last night, but we can't go there on this site so I'll just zip it and stay out of trouble.  Hehehe.

I haven't looked into the news yet today. I'll check it out. 

6 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

It's just some people getting caught in their feelings and I understand why. But I can understand this POV too because I believe the majority of these people are just rioting just to riot---those are the real idiots.

And as other have said @Bowler1215, I appreciate the dedication and work that you others are doing for the community. 

Edited by JustAnotherFan

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

It's just some people getting caught in their feelings and I understand why. But I can understand this POV too because I believe the majority of these people are just rioting just to riot---those are the real idiots.

Can't get behind that. Those people looting were going to take advantage of any situation they could just to loot.

The people rioting are tired of seeing this tragedy happen over and over every day on tv. At some point, when nothing else is working, everyone reaches a tipping point. Hopefully it can open eyes and the country can fix what's going on with itself, but it's going to take massive overhauls.